Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ten Star Lion in the next, definitely better than his price suggests based on his penultimate outing in Naas where, as 40/1 rank outsider, almost turned over an odds on fav. Worth an e/w punt at 10s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Ten Star Lion in the next, definitely better than his price suggests based on his penultimate outing in Naas where, as 40/1 rank outsider, almost turned over an odds on fav. Worth an e/w punt at 10s

Wrong thread, this is tips, not fancies.

Wrong thread, this is tips, not fancies.

Fair enough, the two threads pop up here and there and I happened to have this one open. I'm sure people read the post for what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

A fiver ew on GRETZKY was too much as the horse dropped away tamely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

A fiver ew on GRETZKY was too much as the horse dropped away tamely.

WELL F*CK YOU ANYWAYS!!!!

You cost me at least .004% of the profits I've made from your knowledge and info over the last year or so :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Great shout on hawke. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

Connections of Dew Line 455 navan think they have a good chance. Racing post is not so sure!

EIRI NA CASCA and BEAUTIFUL BEN both run in Thurles,i tipped both of when they won recently and I will know whats expected of them before lunch tomorrow,the trainer has another entry in BEAUTIFUL BEN'S race that has a chance on paper so we will have to see what the situation is.

Looking at the betting MEADOW CROSS in receipt of a stone from BEAUTIFUL BEN is the shorter of the two Hogan horses even though the trainer rides BEAUTIFUL BEN.I would not worry about that as there is plenty of time for that to change and I will wait until I hear what is happening.If Ben is fancied I would have no hesitation in backing him as he appears to be improving and has the ability to quicken and sees his races out well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

EIRI NA CASCA and BEAUTIFUL BEN both run in Thurles,i tipped both of when they won recently and I will know whats expected of them before lunch tomorrow,the trainer has another entry in BEAUTIFUL BEN'S race that has a chance on paper so we will have to see what the situation is.

Looking at the betting MEADOW CROSS in receipt of a stone from BEAUTIFUL BEN is the shorter of the two Hogan horses even though the trainer rides BEAUTIFUL BEN.I would not worry about that as there is plenty of time for that to change and I will wait until I hear what is happening.If Ben is fancied I would have no hesitation in backing him as he appears to be improving and has the ability to quicken and sees his races out well.

For info:
    Eiri Na Casca runs in the 1435 in Thurles today (20/10)
    Beautiful Ben in the 1545 in Thurles

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I totally agree about EIRI NA CASCA and will be having a good bet on it.
    Thanks for posting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 salfordseven

EIR NA CASA has been a twunt of a nag for me been backing it for a while and missed it's win last time out. Knew I should have left well alone today. But as we all know nobody forces you to have a punt.

Thanks for posting

ah well, at least my place money on Goulane Chosen means I break even

Thanks for posting
    Sgt,i stated I would report back when I received the full sp,you should not have punted unless I gave the "heads up"on the two Hogan horses,i am friendly with connections and am almost certain to know the score.

Sgt,i stated I would report back when I received the full sp,you should not have punted unless I gave the "heads up"on the two Hogan horses,i am friendly with connections and am almost certain to know the score.

Thanks zimmer. I did note your comments and only bet on EIRI NA CASCA and only after checking myself.
    It was the sporting life NAP and everything pointed to it having a good run, but just was not to be.

WINTER LION,has had treatment for a wind problem and connections feel that if he sees the trip out today he will be thereabouts in the 3 20 at Chel.
    At 33/1 it is worth a little ew and i have a score ew at that price,his stablemate runs tomorrow and is reported to be in great shape for tomorrow's contest.

The enigmatic EMPRESARIO goes in the 1 50 at Chel and the trainer reports that the horse is in great shape for today's race,however he has never run over 3 miles and did not look like he wanted much further when winning at Navan lto over 2 1/2 miles.

A huge price today,i may have something very small on (€5 ew) only because I was told he is in great shape and this horse has made a fool of me in the past.

The enigmatic EMPRESARIO goes in the 1 50 at Chel and the trainer reports that the horse is in great shape for today's race,however he has never run over 3 miles and did not look like he wanted much further when winning at Navan lto over 2 1/2 miles.

A huge price today,i may have something very small on (€5 ew) only because I was told he is in great shape and this horse has made a fool of me in the past.

some fantastic value prices in that field.Couldn't believe I saw Theatrical Star at 10/1. Ran well in similar event last year and now wearing blinkers. I'll have a little dabble on both.
    (Disclaimer, no actual "tip" for TS, just going by what I can see. Just in case anyone gets in a huff that this is posted here!!)

I did not see the race but a friend said he jumped for fun for a long way and seemed not to stay the trip,trainers would drive you mad lol.

I did not see the race but a friend said he jumped for fun for a long way and seemed not to stay the trip,trainers would drive you mad lol.

Yeah, himself and Theatrical Star were going great guns up front but neither is a 3 miler in such company it seems. Both fell back ominously when push came to shove. Although TS hit the fences a couple of times and seemed to get disgruntled and lost momentum about 3 out which was his doing. Excellent finish to the race though.
    Favourite (Henryville) was massive disappointment, always last and then pulled up

Bach de CLERMONT 2 10 fak
    just received word that CREEPING IVY ie very well fancied at 8 30 Dun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Well done again Zimmermania

Creeping Ivy won well

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

After the awful day I've had Zimmer comes to the rescue!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Great call as always.

vandriver wrote: »
    After the awful day I've had Zimmer comes to the rescue!
    Ha ha,i came to my own rescue as well thankfully,i was thinking about not putting this on the tips thread because I was told in a very forceful way to back it by someone I trust,he did not say he had the inside track but the way he said I "must back it"told me it was a bit more than a fancy so I put it up with little comment and I later put it in the fancies thread.
    Glad to finish slightly ahead on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

3.40 Wexford - THE MOOCH - supposed to win today!

very late I know, but just got word that onefitzall is expected to win the 3:15 carlise

very late I know, but just got word that onefitzall is expected to win the 3:15 carlise

bad ride imo left it too late and came second

The owner told me the trainer said that BEAUTIFUL BEN will win the 3 35 at Downroyal today and i have a good ew bet on at 13/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

WINTER LION,has had treatment for a wind problem and connections feel that if he sees the trip out today he will be thereabouts in the 3 20 at Chel.
    At 33/1 it is worth a little ew and i have a score ew at that price,his stablemate runs tomorrow and is reported to be in great shape for tomorrow's contest.

Just won at Dundalk
    Empressario goes in the 735

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Just won at Dundalk
    Empressario goes in the 735

Doesn't look like it will be trying too hard tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement