Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Thomas crapper at 25/1 in Cheltenham. A good e/w shout as he is being fitted with a tongue strap to sort out some breathing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Thomas crapper at 25/1 in Cheltenham. A good e/w shout as he is being fitted with a tongue strap to sort out some breathing issues.

presume thats a fancy more then a tip?

racso1975 wrote: »
    presume thats a fancy more then a tip?

Sorry, I follow both threads and clicked into the wrong one. Only seeing that now. Sorry.

Sorry, I follow both threads and clicked into the wrong one. Only seeing that now. Sorry.

No problem man wasnt having a go just checking

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,070 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Was he in it at all?

• Advertisement

Came 6th which some bookies paid out on.

beertons wrote: »
    Was he in it at all?

It would appear not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Just won at Dundalk
    Empressario goes in the 735

Was sipping one of those happy hour cocktails when WINTER LION cruised home and while I did not have a bet of any description while in Portugal I was trying to get the sp on WINTER and EMPRESARIO and the news was not very positive and the horse drifted like a barge I was content to swerve it.
    Some money came for it in the minutes before the off but it was only a few €50 bets from connections and in a weak market the horse came from 14s to 11s.

Not being fully tuned I did not play during the week and looking at results I may have got a few winners and no doubt some losers as well.
    I did get a strong tip today (while in the air)for SEA LITE who was 3rd at 12/1 and I did fancy fancy BUYWISE,an old fav of mine ( also 3rd at a good price) who I believe is well worth following this year but having too much of a good time and not able to do the late night study I usually do I thought it best to take a break from betting.

I do hope I have not upset the self appointed after timing police by mentioning the 2 races above and I am hoping to get a few winners so that I can put the bulge back in my wallet which is fairly light after the last 8 days.

The person who pays the training fees for EMMA BEAG (also owned her mother EMMA JANE) told me that she was unsuited by the ground (good) when dropping away tamely enough 3 out lto and that she was in great form for the 2 15 at Fairyhouse

She bolted up by 30 lengths in her previous race on heavy ground but did not beat much and may have been a bit flattered.

Whatever the case he thinks she will win as he said she needs soft ground and the trainer is reported to have her in good form.However her first run over hurdles was on good ground and she ran very well to finish 2nd so I am not totally convinced the ground was responsible for her defeat.Horses can be like our children,we believe they are better than they actually are.

There has been money for the horse already and it will be interesting to see the betting in the morning.I pas this on as a genuine tip but I will probably not have too much on myself so make your own minds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

The person who pays the training fees for EMMA BEAG (also owned her mother EMMA JANE) told me that she was unsuited by the ground (good) when dropping away tamely enough 3 out lto and that she was in great form for the 2 15 at Fairyhouse

She bolted up by 30 lengths in her previous race on heavy ground but did not beat much and may have been a bit flattered.

Whatever the case he thinks she will win as he said she needs soft ground and the trainer is reported to have her in good form.However her first run over hurdles was on good ground and she ran very well to finish 2nd so I am not totally convinced the ground was responsible for her defeat.Horses can be like our children,we believe they are better than they actually are.

There has been money for the horse already and it will be interesting to see the betting in the morning.I pas this on as a genuine tip but I will probably not have too much on myself so make your own minds up.

Ran a good race. Info was good. Just one better on the day. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

I put MY GOOD BROTHER up when he won last time out on info from the yard. He was eased off the work load for a while just to give him a break after his hatrick but my source tells me he is still flying on the gallops and eager to get going at all times. First race at dundalk this evening...

Didn't go as well as expected. Onwards and upwards

I was told to back DRAGO in the 7 45 at Wol,not much of a surprise to hear it is well fancied but it is no harm to hear it is really well fancied.

WITH PLEASURE runs in the same race for DRAGO'S trainer and is a huge price at 33/1, I am not expecting the horse to be involved in the finish but am hoping to see something that catches my eye as a friend of mine is setting up a racing club and is thinking of leasing this horse to run for the club and I am going to be a member.

Won for Simon Crisford and will be well handicapped for 2017 but I would not want it to go TOO well today unbacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I was told to back DRAGO in the 7 45 at Wol,not much of a surprise to hear it is well fancied but it is no harm to hear it is really well fancied.

WITH PLEASURE runs in the same race for DRAGO'S trainer and is a huge price at 33/1, I am not expecting the horse to be involved in the finish but am hoping to see something that catches my eye as a friend of mine is setting up a racing club and is thinking of leasing this horse to run for the club and I am going to be a member.

Won for Simon Crisford and will be well handicapped for 2017 but I would not want it to go TOO well today unbacked.

hmmmmm I'm on Pikes Corner Cross in that. Drago did beat Nonios but is the sky boost which is normally the kiss of death!
    Drago also widely tipped as you say

tricky one good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Also on Pikes Corner Cross a few fancied.

hmmmmm I'm on Pikes Corner Cross in that. Drago did beat Nonios but is the sky boost which is normally the kiss of death!
    Drago also widely tipped as you say

tricky one good luck!

Well done he ran on well.

Well done he ran on well.

yep, sorry fella, its old sky boost kiss of death strikes again!

in fairness Pike is a horse Ive watched a lot and had a feeling a 6lb rise wouldn't anchor him, especially the way he romped home at newcastle

Serious money maker the past 2 weeks. Boom.

Serious money maker the past 2 weeks. Boom.

yep, lovely horse!

bit of a word for BEAUBOREEN 1.05 Bangor.
    its also the SL pick as well 4-1

BEAUBOREEN gets the nod with a recent outing under his belt. He went close to landing a hat-trick when third at Uttoxeter a fortnight ago and is preferred to the returning Derrintogher Bliss. The latter ran well at Chepstow on his debut over fences last year and has gone well fresh before. I Am Colin remains 8lb higher than his success over fences at Leicester in March while Chase End Charlie was still beaten a distance when last of three at Kempton recently. Benzel and Wade Harper have also struggled of late.

bit of a word for BEAUBOREEN 1.05 Bangor.
    its also the SL pick as well 4-1

BEAUBOREEN gets the nod with a recent outing under his belt. He went close to landing a hat-trick when third at Uttoxeter a fortnight ago and is preferred to the returning Derrintogher Bliss. The latter ran well at Chepstow on his debut over fences last year and has gone well fresh before. I Am Colin remains 8lb higher than his success over fences at Leicester in March while Chase End Charlie was still beaten a distance when last of three at Kempton recently. Benzel and Wade Harper have also struggled of late.

well, the less said about that the better :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

plenty of word for Zabeel star 220 newc

WITH PLEASURE ran well today when 1/2 a length 2nd at 33/1,i am hoping the racing club that intend to lease this horse for 2017 will be set up and if anyone is interested in becoming a member pm me and I will pass on details when available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

WITH PLEASURE ran well today when 1/2 a length 2nd at 33/1,i am hoping the racing club that intend to lease this horse for 2017 will be set up and if anyone is interested in becoming a member pm me and I will pass on details when available.

Cheers Zimmer.

I am on WINTER LION in the 8 30 Dundalk at 10s since last night,dropping back in trip he will stay up with the pace and may well go to the front early and kick on,in good form and trying for his life he should go well.

I will have a saver on VENEZIA 12/1 who has been running over hurdles mainly but ran ok when 2nd to WINTER LION lto over 2 miles but I remember when he won a 10 and half furlong handicap in Dun off a mark of 89 and ran a good 4th in Ascot off the same mark, runs off 77 tonight.

While WINTER LION will be going from the front VENEZIA will be held up and the race could be set up for him.VENEZIA will probably have the race run to suit and if at his best will be a big danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I am on WINTER LION in the 8 30 Dundalk at 10s since last night,dropping back in trip he will stay up with the pace and may well go to the front early and kick on,in good form and trying for his life he should go well.

I will have a saver on VENEZIA 12/1 who has been running over hurdles mainly but ran ok when 2nd to WINTER LION lto over 2 miles but I remember when he won a 10 and half furlong handicap in Dun off a mark of 89 and ran a good 4th in Ascot off the same mark, runs off 77 tonight.

While WINTER LION will be going from the front VENEZIA will be held up and the race could be set up for him.VENEZIA will probably have the race run to suit and if at his best will be a big danger.

Being noticeably backed also

TIPS! at times I think we should not listen,i got a little back when my form fancy ran on to be third and WINTER LION just did not perform.

I'd say if you added up your points profit/loss on the Tips vs Fancies thread you'd be miles and miles ahead on the fancies.

I'd say if you added up your points profit/loss on the Tips vs Fancies thread you'd be miles and miles ahead on the fancies.
    Probably,and normally form is the only reason I will bet on a horse and on reflection the race was of a pretty good standard and WINTER LION was running over a trip that is probably short of his best.

However I know the connections and they have sometimes put a winner my way.I did not do too much cash and doubled my money on the "saver" to reduce my losses and to make matters worse the same connections give IMPRESARIO a chance in the 12 55,a chase worth more than 21 grand to the winner at Fairyhouse when he is going to try to make all.

Maybe we should ignore the tips thread and concentrate on solid form chances.

Probably,and normally form is the only reason I will bet on a horse and on reflection the race was of a pretty good standard and WINTER LION was running over a trip that is probably short of his best.

However I know the connections and they have sometimes put a winner my way.I did not do too much cash and doubled my money on the "saver" to reduce my losses and to make matters worse the same connections give IMPRESARIO a chance in the 12 55,a chase worth more than 21 grand to the winner at Fairyhouse when he is going to try to make all.

Maybe we should ignore the tips thread and concentrate on solid form chances.

totally agree, I think I am at the point now as well

form, conditions, bloodline,
    but mostly form..except where a horse that hasn't won for 3 years and not even been placed suddenly beats your carefully picked selection :(

• Advertisement

Tips are fun though too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement