Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Dave147 wrote: »
    **** off McManus.
    Boss - 3rd. Pylon - 2nd. I have to have a go at the King now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Well that was ****ing heartbreaking, waiting on an absolute fortune on him and he's pulled up. FML

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

uranna and avant tout run tomorrow in thurlas. Word is that uranna expected to be much better than her last run when she had problems, avant tout also expected to make this step up. Ruby rides both and both are currently second favourites. small stake for win each or maybe even double ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Dave147 wrote: »
    Well that was ****ing heartbreaking, waiting on an absolute fortune on him and he's pulled up. FML

Hard luck lad. Pity. I'd a score on the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I have been told to back Buywise ew in the 3 15 at Doncaster.
    I have a good contact(,gave me firebird flyer a few weeks ago),who told me trainer told him to back it ew.

The problem is the trainer stated publicly the horse does not get 3 miles and that comment is in all the papers.
    Looks to me as if he needs 3 miles as he ran on well over 2 miles 5 several times and I have backed it ew.

• Advertisement

I have a good contact(,gave me firebird flyer a few weeks ago),who told me trainer told him to back it ew.

The problem is the trainer stated publicly the horse does not get 3 miles and that comment is in all the papers.
    Looks to me as if he needs 3 miles as he ran on well over 2 miles 5 several times and I have backed it ew.

Two miles 6 or even 7 is required,horse just could not go on at the end,no harm done as on ew.

Got word that Noel Meade says She's a Star will win the bumper at 4 35 in Droyal,first time out stops me having a big bet but I backed it at 7/4.

Got word that Noel Meade says She's a Star will win the bumper at 4 35 in Droyal,first time out stops me having a big bet but I backed it at 7/4.

Thank you Zimmerman. Did it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cheater

That's a boom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Well done,another winner again from you Zimmermania

I missed it as I didn't get any notification, been like this since the DDOS attack

Anyone else got the same problem or is it just me?

Thanks in advance and well done Zimmer

the 3 40 at Wincanton is a trickey contest with a few inform horses involved.

My contact tells me Gary Moore says Gores Island will go very close with a clear round.

the 3 40 at Wincanton is a trickey contest with a few inform horses involved.

My contact tells me Gary Moore says Gores Island will go very close with a clear round.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

Put my Fiver on the win :( , my greed shone thru
    Good third Zimmerman

Shalaman can be backed in the 8 30,way too big a price and is very well fancied 8s available and should be at least half that price.
    Empresario had a bit of an injury and is best watched.

Dashing Chief,who refused to race last time has the talent to win the 7 30,however he refused to race last time and one would want to be at the counter with the docket written and only bet if he comes out,he is temperamental and could plant himself again.

Shalaman can be backed in the 8 30,way too big a price and is very well fancied 8s available and should be at least half that price.

Dashing Chief,who refused to race last time has the talent to win the 7 30,however he refused to race last time and one would want to be at the counter with the docket written and only bet if he comes out,he is temperamental and could plant himself again.

Got word that Evan Williams fancies his horse Wylde Magic in the 4 50 at Chepstow today,
    He says if it handles the heavy ground it will go close it is a big price around 9 or 10 to 1,
    as it his first run I would not go mad,i backed it ew myself.

Got word that Evan Williams fancies his horse Wylde Magic in the 4 50 at Chepstow today,
    He says if it handles the heavy ground it will go close it is a big price around 9 or 10 to 1,
    as it his first run I would not go mad,i backed it ew myself.
    I do not know what is going on on this site but my posts are coming up twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Two miles 6 or even 7 is required,horse just could not go on at the end,no harm done as on ew.

Did you see the headline in Racing Post during the week?

• Advertisement

razorhead wrote: »
    I did indeed,but if he has a national horse I think it would be Firebird Flyer,the problem is the ground,i am not certain but I think both horses might prefer cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

razorhead wrote: »

What did it say?

No joy Shalaman not beaten very far and Dashing Chief is a dog not to be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Dashing Chief. only bet if he comes out,he is temperamental and could plant himself again.

Pity there was no odds on that. Most of them refunded anyway so nothing lost. I miss the tape starts on the flat sometimes.

BumperD wrote: »
    What did it say?

It said that Evan Williams is now going to train Buywise for the Grand National.
    Williams has maintained up to now that the horse does not get 3 miles.
    He actually appears to find 2 miles 4 too short and I feel 2 miles 6 or even 7 is perfect,but now after all this time trainer thinks he was wrong,i am not convinced though, years ago many trainers felt if a horse was "switched off" in the early part of the National a non stayer could get the trip.

With classier nags in the field now I do not agree with that idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Jesus I shudder at the thought of Buywise over the national fences. It's a miracle he hasn't been killed over the regular ones yet. Would be surprised if a horse of his speed stayed 4m. Would love to have seen him in a long distance flat handicap. Bit late now probably

I do not know if I should have this in the tips thread or the fancies thread,but as it involves some input from connections I put it here and punters can decide for themselves.

Rolling Rocket 3 20 Naas is one I know something about.

Connections are hopeful of a good run today and horse is trying for its life.
    They say he has nothing much in hand of his handicap and no secrets from the handicapper.
    They are backing it for modest stakes ew (a few hundred ew).
    The fact that the horse loves Naas and has a low weight makes them think he can run his race and if things go his way has a bit of a chance.
    I will have a score ew myself.

I do not know if I should have this in the tips thread or the fancies thread,but as it involves some input from connections I put it here and punters can decide for themselves.

Rolling Rocket 3 20 Naas is one I know something about.

Connections are hopeful of a good run today and horse is trying for its life.
    They say he has nothing much in hand of his handicap and no secrets from the handicapper.
    They are backing it for modest stakes ew (a few hundred ew).
    The fact that the horse loves Naas and has a low weight makes them think he can run his race and if things go his way has a bit of a chance.
    I will have a score ew myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Open eagle runs in the first Warwick tomorrow, will be going off odds on but I am told that this horse is in top form and the win is fully expect by connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Open eagle runs in the first Warwick tomorrow, will be going off odds on but I am told that this horse is in top form and the win is fully expect by connections.

Was pushed hard by 2nd fav but finished strong.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement