Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Nice one Eiri Na Casca

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Eiri Na Casca 3 40 at Naas is fancied to go well today,has been beaten when fancied in the past but light weight and drop in trip in heavy ground might make the difference.

Trainer advised owner to have a bet today so the normally shrewd Hogan thinks he has a chance I put a few quid ew on at 9s,just to confuse things I was told by connections of Rolling Rocket that they expect him to go well,because he has a penalty I will leave him run away.

Another great shout,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

thanks Zimmerman. Dug me out of a hole today. theres a pint behind the bar for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

idnkph wrote: »
    thanks Zimmerman. Dug me out of a hole today. theres a pint behind the bar for ya

Not a bother,i love to see us take it from the Layers,9s was a great price for me.
    I backed it in Lads shop as they were best price this morning and if I am not mistaken there is a free bet for horses who win at 5s or better today equal to stake up to 25 euro so that's a bit of a bonus.

Got a tip for Ondamoura 6oc Dundalk,has good form with Empresario and looks to hae a decent chance in a poor handicap.
    I dont know where the info came from because the guy who gave it to me would not reveal his source.
    I know and trust him and i saw the size of his bet so i backed it.

• Advertisement

A feast or a famine,got good word for Dashing Chief 9oc Dundalk,straight from connections who really fancy this tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Dashing Chief...... very very very slowly away and made progress as he was walked away from the stalls

Maybe next time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

A feast or a famine,got good word for Dashing Chief 9oc Dundalk,straight from connections who really fancy this tonight.

Non runner? Not mentioned once in text commentary... either that or you know the poorest connections around given that their fancies barely leave the traps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

gufc21 wrote: »
    Non runner? Not mentioned once in text commentary... either that or you know the poorest connections around given that their fancies barely leave the traps.

Looks like somebody has done the rent money.

Whosthis wrote: »
    Looks like somebody has done the rent money.

Ha ha on a zimmer tip? That's as laughable as the info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Ha ha on a zimmer tip? That's as laughable as the info.

Then what are you having a go for?

It is people like you who know little or nothing about racing that sometimes stops me from posting what I hear all the the time.

The horse was left in the stalls -refused to race,some bookmakers return stakes in similar situations,i hope whoever you had the bet with doesn't

It is people like you who know little or nothing about racing that sometimes stops me from posting what I hear all the the time.

The horse was left in the stalls -refused to race,some bookmakers return stakes in similar situations,i hope whoever you had the bet with doesn't

I'm not having a go at you or saying that the info you pass on is false info, wouldn't dream of it. If you are posting it here then one would assume its a genuine tip.

What I'm pointing out is that the people who are giving you the info must be near broke from backing it themselves. Either that or they are giving out info willy nilly in order to lay.

And I'm guessing its the ones you don't pass on because of people like me that are the ones to romp home are they?

I'm not having a go at you or saying that the info you pass on is false info, wouldn't dream of it. If you are posting it here then one would assume its a genuine tip.

What I'm pointing out is that the people who are giving you the info must be near broke from backing it themselves. Either that or they are giving out info willy nilly in order to lay.

And I'm guessing its the ones you don't pass on because of people like me that are the ones to romp home are they?

No one forces you to have a bet on any tips here.

No one forces you to post in here either.

Its your choice.
    You choose to back the tip if you wish and unfortunately for us you also choose to post in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

So true.

Personally I don't put anything much on, it's not so much about the gain it's more the fun of being 'in' on something, it's a good feeling when it comes off and meh when it doesn't.

That said theres a good part of my pp account that's there because of Zimmer and the others who share.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

bet.jpg

Got a tip for Ondamoura 6oc Dundalk,has good form with Empresario and looks to hae a decent chance in a poor handicap.
    I dont know where the info came from because the guy who gave it to me would not reveal his source.
    I know and trust him and i saw the size of his bet so i backed it.

PP paid 4 places on this race in the shops and Ondamoura was 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Ann Robinson would love to meet you.

You should go back to your colouring in as you clearly dont know anything about anything.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

MOD

Guys/Girls,

Please stop the bickering.
    Boards is running too slow in order for me to go dig through threads about who said what.

Next attack or complaint about a tip will be carded.

Thank you

Eiri na Casca out again tomorrow under an 11lb rise,but still has a handy weight (always useful when ground is testing) and can win again.
    His owner told me the trainer said he came out of his last race very well and he wanted to go again while the horse is in such good form.
    I have not spoken to him in over a week so its only a tip insofar as what I heard back then.
    There is a very good chance I will meet someone very close to the owner (he sometimes bets for him)before lunch tomorrow and if I get a further report I will post,i hope my recent critic will not be upset if he does not win lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Got very very strong word for Jack Dillinger in the bumper in leopardstown today

Going with a max bet myself and took the 10/3 with powers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Got very very strong word for Jack Dillinger in the bumper in leopardstown today

Going with a max bet myself and took the 10/3 with powers

Ran a great race in fairness, will be tracking him for next time out.

I have a tip for Wednesday in Thurles but will be waiting until Wednesday morning to post it. Hoping for a decent price, finished 3rd last time out, horse was romping home but swallowed his tongue so will be tongue tied NTO. Will share once I get confirmation from owner that he's got as good a chance as I think he has.

Lads there's two horses going, prices are almost gone, I backed on Ladbrokes and Betfred and prices came in straight away..

First horse is Knockraha Pylon, was 20/1 now as short as 10s in places, assume he'll drift again a small bit, horse won his maiden at 66/1 last year and owner fancies him to at least place tomorrow 1/4 1,2,3. Keep bets sensible, he's not certain to come anywhere but just want to pass on word.

Second horse is the one I was referring to yesterday, Knockraha King, same connections and trainer/jockey.. Horse should've won his last race only for swallowing his tongue, he's now tongue tied and expected to go well. I advise reasonable each way singles and maybe an each way double.

Don't go crazy lads, but hopefully we'll be booming at least one of them tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Is knockraha king a NR?

Don't think so, where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

hefferboi wrote: »
    Is knockraha king a NR?

No.2 in the last at Thurles. Currently 10/1 with Lads.

Knochraha Pylon No.2 in 2.15 Thurles. 25/1 with Lads as of now.

dodzy wrote:
    Knochraha Pylon No.2 in 2.15 Thurles. 25/1 with Lads as of now.

He's not been 25/1 since before 8pm last night.. He's currently 8/1 with lads and that's about the best price around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

And to top it all knockraha boss finished 3rd in the 1.45 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Knockraha Pylon second at 11/1. Will take that.

• Advertisement

**** off McManus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement