Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Sizing gold wasn't declared for the paddy power chase tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Goosey,you may have heard right about Open Eagle at Kempton tomorrow.

Though lacking experience the horse has shown very good form and a lot of improvement from his first run when winning well lto.

Sure to be suited by soft ground this one really impressed me when bolting up in what looked to be a competitive November Handicap over 1 mile 4 on the flat at Doncaster last year.

So easy did he win that I was sure he would win listed races on the flat.
    However he was sent to Mullins for a N H career and looks destined for the top when the mud is flying.

I rate his last run stronger than anything Altior the fav has achieved and the fav has won a lot of his races on good ground so Goosey's tip is an added bonus and should be taken.

It is the perfect combination for me; the best form and fancied by the stable.

Altior galloped them into the ground,some machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Paddy Brennan was superb on CC yesterday. I'd say Ruby was like a bull. I was hopeful Johnson would not be heading to Huntington for nothing either !

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Uranna makes her jumping début over fences tomorrow in the 1.30 in limerick. Reports are she is jumping well and a win is expected by connections. No idea of her odds yet.

Uranna makes her jumping début over fences tomorrow in the 1.30 in limerick. Reports are she is jumping well and a win is expected by connections. No idea of her odds yet.

Limerick racecourse closed tomorrow and racing cancelled so we won't find out anything about uranna over fences. I'll update when she will go again and what connections believe her chances will be.

• Advertisement

One Track Mind 2 55 Chel strongly fancied.
    I hope anyone who backed this last time when the horse ran well in a better race was on today.
    I put this one up last night and a 7/1 winner and for some reason it has not posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

No good if they don't post mate.

No good if they don't post mate.

I know and I am annoyed as I do not know what went wrong.

Myska 2.50 in Taunton. Ruby rides and says he won't be beaten, even money at present. That's the info but you all know nothing is certain in this game.

Myska 2.50 in Taunton. Ruby rides and says he won't be beaten, even money at present. That's the info but you all know nothing is certain in this game.
    I am wondering why connections are going to Taunton for an 11 and a half grand sterling race and no offence Goosey but the horse she beat a length and a half last time (Myska seemed to win easy enough) was beaten 20 lengths by the promising Mall Dini next time out.
    This is a reasonable novice hurdle and is it possible this is not one of Mullins better ones and he is just trying to pick up a handy listed hurdle or maybe Mullins is using Myska as a yardstick for others.

It is difficult to know and now that Myska is a shade of odds on most ordinary punters will not be wading in.

I hope you do not mind my comment Goosey I had looked at the race before you put up the tip and I had formed the opinion the Jessbers Dream was one I might have a few quid on (likes the ground, stays well and the horses behind her lto have come out and run well).

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Sizing gold wasn't declared for the paddy power chase tomorrow

He's injured, unlikely to see the track again.

I am wondering why connections are going to Taunton for an 11 and a half grand sterling race and no offence Goosey but the horse she beat a length and a half last time (Myska seemed to win easy enough) was beaten 20 lengths by the promising Mall Dini next time out.
    This is a reasonable novice hurdle and is it possible this is not one of Mullins better ones and he is just trying to pick up a handy listed hurdle or maybe Mullins is using Myska as a yardstick for others.

It is difficult to know and now that Myska is a shade of odds on most ordinary punters will not be wading in.

I hope you do not mind my comment Goosey I had looked at the race before you put up the tip and I had formed the opinion the Jessbers Dream was one I might have a few quid on (likes the ground, stays well and the horses behind her lto have come out and run well).

Best of luck.
    Don't mind at all Zimmerman, I am just giving it as I got it. To be honest I know nothing about the other horses in the race so I can't offer any opinion on them. The best of luck either way and if nothing else you have given another option in the race for punters to make up their own minds.

Nansaroy 3 05 Haydock is well fancied by the trainer to win again today Skelton's horse its'afreebee is seen as the only possible danger but connections are happy their horse will take this before going on to better things only around the 5/4 mark but I backed on what I was told and it's recent form is useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

-moved this to fancies-

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Dreadful conditions, won cosily, many thanks

Dead on Goosey,I backed the other one ew at 8s we should have done the forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I was told by someone well connected to the trainer that Firebird Flyer was expected to run very well in the Welsh National,laid out for the race,stays very well,likes a real slog in the mud and ran very well at the course last time out.

I backed it at 33s and I think he will go off at a much lower price.

Ante post betting come with the usual risks but Evan Williams who trains the horse is in good form and being Welsh would pull out all the stops to win this.

Unlucky Zimmerman, i hope your bet stood.

Mine was carried over

Thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Thanks Zimmerman.

Thanks Zimmerman. Ran a great race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Thanks Zimmerman. Just found one better on the day. And still a handsome E/W return.

• Advertisement

Our old friend Empresario is out again tonight in the last at Dundalk after a break,still well handicapped (in my view) and drawn exactly where we wanted him in 1.

Horse is in good form and a big run expected in what I believe is a weaker race than last time.

Intention tonight is to come out and make all and if he does not miss the break we should collect again.

Dangers from a handicapping point of view should be Sharjah who is becoming well handicapped on last years form and Brosnan who has risen in the weights without winning but continues to run well,though drawn very badly in 14 tonight,so Empresario should win.

I have had a good ew bet on Empresario on the basis that trainer thinks he will win and connections are already on (we got 6s).

I am having a small flutter on the tricast and full perm f casts with Empresario,Sharjah and Brosnan,despite the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

Our old friend Empresario is out again tonight in the last at Dundalk after a break,still well handicapped (in my view) and drawn exactly where we wanted him in 1.

Horse is in good form and a big run expected in what I believe is a weaker race than last time.

Intention tonight is to come out and make all and if he does not miss the break we should collect again.

Dangers from a handicapping point of view should be Sharjah who is becoming well handicapped on last years form and Brosnan who has risen in the weights without winning but continues to run well,though drawn very badly in 14 tonight,so Empresario should win.

I have had a good ew bet on Empresario on the basis that trainer thinks he will win and connections are already on (we got 6s).

I am having a small flutter on the tricast and full perm f casts with Empresario,Sharjah and Brosnan,despite the draw.

powers have Empresario down as a non runner:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

powers have Empresario down as a non runner:(

Yep, non runner, was Sharjah favourite in the earlier race (8:30?) last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Why was it a NR? Must be annoying if all the connections were on at 6s.

Open eagle runs again tomorrow in Warwickshire in a grade 2 race, I am told
    horse is still going very well and connections are confident horse will run a big race, a small bet might not go astray

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Had good word for opera rock 4.05 Warwick

Eiri Na Casca 3 40 at Naas is fancied to go well today,has been beaten when fancied in the past but light weight and drop in trip in heavy ground might make the difference.

Trainer advised owner to have a bet today so the normally shrewd Hogan thinks he has a chance I put a few quid ew on at 9s,just to confuse things I was told by connections of Rolling Rocket that they expect him to go well,because he has a penalty I will leave him run away.

Why was it a NR? Must be annoying if all the connections were on at 6s.
    Would be more annoying if he was allowed run and could not be guaranteed to run to his best form,we got our cash back and beigh la eile.

Mount Brandon the JP horse attracting a lot of support in the 3 40.

Rolling rocket beat Mount Brandon last time but is on the drift now as JPs one in from 4s to 7/4. Still there is also money for Eiri na Casca into 7s.

• Advertisement

Eiri Na Casca 3 40 at Naas is fancied to go well today,has been beaten when fancied in the past but light weight and drop in trip in heavy ground might make the difference.

Trainer advised owner to have a bet today so the normally shrewd Hogan thinks he has a chance I put a few quid ew on at 9s,just to confuse things I was told by connections of Rolling Rocket that they expect him to go well,because he has a penalty I will leave him run away.

Nice one Zimmer.
    Didnt follow but horse did it well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement