Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

They are happy Empresario will carry the penalty and overcome the draw.
    I am not and will not back it as I believe it will be difficult to beat Ridestan and I am happy with the 6/4 to place.
    See You in Malta is well fancied and will run well I backed it at 3s,stable also give a chance to High Honcho in the 6 35 but as the JP horse Love Potion is also well fancied by connections a rev f cast might be the best option.

The other horse fancied does not run now so you all will have to make what you will of the info.

First one runs a desperate race jps punted heavily and wins and Stacks runs ok first time out.
    I put a few quid on Ridestan ew on top of my place bet,hope I did not back the wrong one as connections are bullish enough about Empresario,my doubts are the penalty and the draw though he has run well off higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

actually backed empresario there, i didnt last time you posted him zimmer, and was bitter ! couldnt not back him this time!

Not really my day today,i backed one against one I knew a good bit about,none too pleased at myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Just got word for Havelock Ellis in the next

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Just got word for Havelock Ellis in the next

interesting to see..drifting like a barge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Not really my day today,i backed one against one I knew a good bit about,none too pleased at myself.

Tomorrows another day, but man, you had more-or-less been told it was nailed on.

I was watching this thread earlier today and tuned in for that race. I feel your pain and genuine thanks for sharing the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Kettleson wrote: »
    interesting to see..drifting like a barge.

Drifted and never looked like doing anything.
    Feck it. I wouldn't mind but I fancied the winner

I lose a good few quid on a day I should have won.
    Why get tips from the right source and then back against them?
    It must be because I think I know too much! In a little bit of pain because of my own stupidity and I will have to smile during the celebrations and pretend I was on,sick.

CorkColin wrote: »
    actually backed empresario there, i didnt last time you posted him zimmer, and was bitter ! couldnt not back him this time!

In again Friday night for 3 on the trot not gone up much and rider will claim the 7 lbs I will write this up later in the week but connections bullish enough.

• Advertisement

Tougher race,but has the draw and the full 7lbs claim of a smart apprentice and is in good form get on

One Track Mind 2 55 Chel strongly fancied.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Kilcomer making début in 3.40 tramore tomorrow and Katie Walsh rides. Word from yard is horse is in good shape and expecting a good show. I am told horse will have to be absolute very best to beat a horse called delegate in the same race. Not sure of any odds but good each way shout. I suppose delegate is a tip also here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Kilcomer making début in 3.40 tramore tomorrow and Katie Walsh rides. Word from yard is horse is in good shape and expecting a good show. I am told horse will have to be absolute very best to beat a horse called delegate in the same race. Not sure of any odds but good each way shout. I suppose delegate is a tip also here.

Its 5/4 fav... maybe a forcast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭robbiezero

One Track Mind 2 55 Chel strongly fancied.

Have you heard anything for Matthew Smiths two in Clonmel tomorrow?
    Taking some money already.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Have just been told Usain 8.30 Dundalk should be there or there abouts come the finish line, came from trainers yard,
    Currently 4/1 now from i believe around the 16/1 mark, i wont be having a bet at that price but just throwing it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Railway Tommy. 2nd last race at FH today. 11/2 currently.

4/1 now

I was told by someone well connected to the trainer that Firebird Flyer was expected to run very well in the Welsh National,laid out for the race,stays very well,likes a real slog in the mud and ran very well at the course last time out.

I backed it at 33s and I think he will go off at a much lower price.

Ante post betting come with the usual risks but Evan Williams who trains the horse is in good form and being Welsh would pull out all the stops to win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Officer In Command 5.25 Chelmsford.

Genuine Tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Officer In Command 5.25 Chelmsford.

Genuine Tip.

where you get it from?

• Advertisement

idnkph wrote: »
    where you get it from?

It's up to you if you want to back it or not.

It's up to you if you want to back it or not.

just find "tips" interesting without a bit of a back up.

having said that best of luck to anyone who follows

just find "tips" interesting without a bit of a back up.

having said that best of luck to anyone who follows

What do you want me to say?

He has been held back for this race, new trainer - who has been waiting a couple of weeks for the right race to come along.

What do you want me to say?

He has been held back for this race, new trainer - who has been waiting a couple of weeks for the right race to come along.

convinced me to have a nibble.

convinced me to have a nibble.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ran a good second, looked the winner. Not a bad shout at all.

I was told by someone well connected to the trainer that Firebird Flyer was expected to run very well in the Welsh National,laid out for the race,stays very well,likes a real slog in the mud and ran very well at the course last time out.

I backed it at 33s and I think he will go off at a much lower price.

Ante post betting come with the usual risks but Evan Williams who trains the horse is in good form and being Welsh would pull out all the stops to win this.

A few firms have shortened up on this....as low as 16-1 with Coral, 20's/25's most places but still some 33's available.
    Id a few bob in the betfair account so stuck €10 ew at 33's

Also doubled ew with Sizing Gold in the PP Chase (whom i got word on at the weekend, yard pretty confident of a good run.)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Word from Mullins yard for open eagle in 12.50 Kempton tomorrow. Supposed to be in cracking form and ruby rides, connections confidant and currently 4 to 1. Was also told about Avant tout who rides in limerick currently 7 to 1. This horse will ride against outlander from the same yard. I am told Avant tout has been holding his own against outlander in training but concerns are the ground and in a mudbath outlander will come out on top. Mullins yard will also definitely have the winner in the 1.10 limerick and market is right for his two runners. Good luck and happy Xmas to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

7/2 in powers and money back if second to the Fav as a free bet. Max €25

• Advertisement

Word from Mullins yard for open eagle in 12.50 Kempton tomorrow. Supposed to be in cracking form and ruby rides, connections confidant and currently 4 to 1. Was also told about Avant tout who rides in limerick currently 7 to 1. This horse will ride against outlander from the same yard. I am told Avant tout has been holding his own against outlander in training but concerns are the ground and in a mudbath outlander will come out on top. Mullins yard will also definitely have the winner in the 1.10 limerick and market is right for his two runners. Good luck and happy Xmas to all.

Goosey,you may have heard right about Open Eagle at Kempton tomorrow.

Though lacking experience the horse has shown very good form and a lot of improvement from his first run when winning well lto.

Sure to be suited by soft ground this one really impressed me when bolting up in what looked to be a competitive November Handicap over 1 mile 4 on the flat at Doncaster last year.

So easy did he win that I was sure he would win listed races on the flat.
    However he was sent to Mullins for a N H career and looks destined for the top when the mud is flying.

I rate his last run stronger than anything Altior the fav has achieved and the fav has won a lot of his races on good ground so Goosey's tip is an added bonus and should be taken.

It is the perfect combination for me; the best form and fancied by the stable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement