Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thought he stayed fine. Beaten by a better horse that traveled even better into the straight, no excuses.

Shalaman runs in the stayers race good Friday over 2 miles at Lingfield,huge prize money available even for a place and it is one of my favourite meetings of the year with all the best AW stars on view.

The enigmatic Shalaman will be held up and delivered late and despite the fact that I have not seen the runners I feel he will have a stone to find with the best of them and I will be backing one of the classier ones against him.

He ran very well at this meeting last year only beaten a couple of lengths over 1 mile two by some very good horses but sadly I believe he does not stay well enough for a race of this class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

So you're posting a tip to stay away from a horse?

So you're posting a tip to stay away from a horse?
    Not exactly,some on here will be aware that I know a little about the horse and I just wanted to let posters know how I think it will perform.
    Connections believe he has a chance and I am putting the info out there,qualified by my own view of things and because I will look at the race tonight and weigh up all the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Not exactly,some on here will be aware that I know a little about the horse and I just wanted to let posters know how I think it will perform.
    Connections believe he has a chance and I am putting the info out there,qualified by my own view of things and because I will look at the race tonight and weigh up all the facts.

I'd prefer to know than not know before having a punt, cheers Zimm!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

Got word for Heroes Or Ghosts in 3.15 Warwick, lot of money gone down on him this morning. 13/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

PáircLife wrote: »
    Got word for Heroes Or Ghosts in 3.15 Warwick, lot of money gone down on him this morning. 13/2

Was placed so not a bad result at all :)

Pat Smullen goes over to ride Shalaman,who can be backed at 25/1,he doesn't have to find as much as I thought and I would backing him if it was one and a half miles but I do not think he stays 2 miles at a proper pace so Notarised is my confident ew bet and for old time sake I will have a small saver on Shalaman just in case.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Anyone have any tips for the Easter Sunday races tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Clareman wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips for the Easter Sunday races tomorrow?

The Brock Inn e/w 2.35 @ 16/1
    Narcissistic 5.25 @ 11/4

Both fancied.

Harry Fry is in Ireland for more than the racing this week and I can pass on word that said he should win with Jessber's Dream in the 3 05 at F House.

• Advertisement

Those who are on here for a while should be aware that I know the sp where Longhouse Hall is concerned and I have tipped him when a winner a couple of times.

He runs in the Coral on wed at Chel following a layoff after a fall over fences.

His owner loves a bet and following a good report from the trainer that the horse is in great order connections have backed at 25s with irish bookies and he is now 16s,though 25s still available with some british bookies.

A live one from a good yard well worth supporting ew in the competitive Coral Cup.

Goes to Aintree and once again well fancied,i put it up now because I will be away and may not get a chance to do it then.

Longhousehall is well fancied once ground is not soft in the 4 10 at Chel,a bit too short for me in a race where a few have chances and I fancy Fingerontheswitch ew.
    Twiss's Hill 3 25 is well fancied in Limerick,doing his best on ground he likes around 4/1.

Liclash has a favs chance according to connections in the 4 oc Limerick,i rate Stolberg as a real danger.

These are genuine pieces of information and I have have stuck my own thoughts in because most connections are biased in favour of their own horses and sometimes cannot be objective when summing up a race so make what you will of what is the views of those connected to the horses involved.
    I back my own judgement but like many others I sometimes have too much on when I have some real info and these days I try to be more objective and want sound reasons why a horse will run better than its rating before having a big bet.

Longhousehall is well fancied once ground is not soft in the 4 10 at Chel,a bit too short for me in a race where a few have chances and I fancy Fingerontheswitch ew.
    Twiss's Hill 3 25 is well fancied in Limerick,doing his best on ground he likes around 4/1.

Liclash has a favs chance according to connections in the 4 oc Limerick,i rate Stolberg as a real danger.

These are genuine pieces of information and I have have stuck my own thoughts in because most connections are biased in favour of their own horses and sometimes cannot be objective when summing up a race so make what you will of what is the views of those connected to the horses involved.
    I back my own judgement but like many others I sometimes have too much on when I have some real info and these days I try to be more objective and want sound reasons why a horse will run better than its rating before having a big bet.
    Ground went against Longhouse and Fingersonthe switch

De Benno is well fancied in the 7 25 Ballinrobe,4/1 generally available but I backed it in Boylesports who are giving money back(as a free bet if 2nd or 3rd) up to €25.

In case anyone is interested,i was told Cruiseaway is very very smart and is expected to win the 5 10 at Wincanton,has been heavily backed today and is as short now a fancied JP McManus one that is obviously fancied.
    The same connections also fancy Minella my Man in the 5 40.
    I must make it clear that I am NOT backing either horse,there was some value before the price went on Cruiseaway and I am always reluctant to bet on first time out horses these days.

Ryan Moore rides Clayton trained by his father Gary in the 3 40 at Epsom today and is expected to win despite not having run on the flat for nearly 2 years.
    Info came from a trusted source very close to the trainer and i have had a good bet ew.
    PP are giving money back if 2nd to the jolly even if there are joints.

Ryan Moore rides Clayton trained by his father Gary in the 3 40 at Epsom today and is expected to win despite not having run on the flat for nearly 2 years.
    Info came from a trusted source very close to the trainer and i have had a good bet ew.
    PP are giving money back if 2nd to the jolly even if there are joints.

Beaten a neck for 3rd to save the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

4.55 Fairyhouse Simply Gooch E/W

Got word from a reliable source that Baden 4 20 Pun is expected to run a lot than he did at Cheltenham in the better ground and stable really fancy the horse.
    12s were available earlier,i got tens and had a decent ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Got word from a reliable source that Baden 4 20 Pun is expected to run a lot than he did at Cheltenham in the better ground and stable really fancy the horse.
    12s were available earlier,i got tens and had a decent ew bet.

Finished 3rd, Great shout for the e/w bet - cheers!

• Advertisement

Sync wrote: »
    Finished 3rd, Great shout for the e/w bet - cheers!
    Yea the word was spot on,a real trier who was well backed and only just run out of it.

I got word for Oscar Lantern in the 6 05 Pun,a 25 runner handicap!!,the trainer Charlie Byrnes can get one ready and all his form is on soft so maybe they believe he will improve for the better ground 14/1 in Lads 11 PP.

It is not the kind of race to have too much on and my bet is €20 ew.
    My source is reliable and knows the time of day but given that this is a 3 mile handicap with a bunch of triers small stakes are advised.

Tips would break you,so think carefully before anyone has a bet on the tip I am posting here.

I have had my minimum (€10 ew) on.

The following story is 100% true,i was in a betting shop having a bet today when someone I know very well was having €100 ew on Beautiful Ben in the 6 35 at Ballinrobe at 25/1,the cashier had to make a call before she could take the bet,while waiting for the cashier he told me that the ##### who is abroad rang him and asked to have €200 ew on for him as the trainer said he should run well on the better ground.

The bet was taken and within a minute the price on the screen was cut to 12/1,it is now 14/1 with that firm,i walked with him to the nearby Ladbrokes where he placed €50 ew at 25s and I had my tenner ew on at the same price.
    I left him as he headed off to have the remaining money on and a little for himself

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Bakougan running in bumper in tramore today and word is horse is in flying form and will love the ground. A win is expected by the yard and confidence is high for this horse, currently 13/8 with bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Bakougan running in bumper in tramore today and word is horse is in flying form and will love the ground. A win is expected by the yard and confidence is high for this horse, currently 13/8 with bet365

Also got this word.

Along with this, Glibgerside 6.05 Kelso, currently 4/1

2 singles and a double on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Just a small cautionary word, it's Supreme racing syndicate. Always an issue, as one of theirs is generally underpriced with 25 different "owners" backing it and the chinese whispers that develops with that many people giving info on a horse. Obviously no idea what price this should be being unraced. Out to over 2/1 on the exchange however

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Just a small cautionary word, it's Supreme racing syndicate. Always an issue, as one of theirs is generally underpriced with 25 different "owners" backing it and the chinese whispers that develops with that many people giving info on a horse. Obviously no idea what price this should be being unraced. Out to over 2/1 on the exchange however

Which horse are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

^^^Bakougan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Well, how did Bakougan get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

keano25 wrote: »
    Well, how did Bakougan get on?
    Edit: He finished 5th

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement