Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-January 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Same as above. (Day two)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Could pass for summer.

AWS max 13.7C

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Beautiful day today, hard to believe its January.
    Temperature falling rapidly now - looks likely to be frosty overnight. Currently 6.6°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Turned cloudy and subfuscous now after a bright mild day. Temps peaked at 11.9C, now 9.5c, with pressure still high at 1932.5 mb. A very pleasant evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Great weather here the last 2 days as well. Really looking foward to spring and summer now despite the cold spell coming up:p

• Advertisement

After sunset when changing the suncard, the air temp was 9.0C and the grass temp 1.2m below was -0.5C

Temp fell to 3.8C an hour ago and is currently 5.5C

There was a 6.4C fall during the hour to 17:40

Still enough for mist to decend, could turn into fog yet.

Mike.

Breezy and cloudy out, with the air feeling damp after the light showers of earlier. Temp 11.2c, much milder than this time last night. Pressure is 1023.3mb and falling. It was crap to see the lovely dry ground being wetted earlier. Then the rain went and just left a wet ground, Put me in bad form. I would prefer if it rained, that it would rain bigtime.

Pissing down big time.

Mike.

Lots of surface flooding here after the unexpected thundery showers of last night and expected heavy rain this morning. Temp now 6.6c, with a relative humidity of 83%. Pressure rising slowly at 1023.9mb, and weather cloudy and breezy. Feeling dank.

• Advertisement

Not sure if I should post this link here, but didn't know where else to put it.
    Just a brief article about the tornado that stuck my home town of Tuam last week during a day long series of thunderstorms.

Considering the damage it caused to the east side of the town and the graveyard, not an overly big report.

http://www.tuamherald.ie/pages/page9.pdf

Dry and sunny to start, now clouded over.

Mike.

Wind really picking up now with with a somber skyscape. A grim evening.
    6.5c and pressure falling quickly, now at 1020.8 mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Not sure if I should post this link here, but didn't know where else to put it.
    Just a brief article about the tornado that stuck my home town of Tuam last week during a day long series of thunderstorms.

Considering the damage it caused to the east side of the town and the graveyard, not an overly big report.

http://www.tuamherald.ie/pages/page9.pdf
    "I saw the tornado in my front garden", for some reason I find that funny.
    Sounds pretty serious though, didn't hear anything about that before now.

Wind is gusting quite a bit, not as cold as I was expecting I guess that happens tomorrow

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

There is a bite to it tonight, 4c with a strong wind blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

72mph in Belmullet already;
    http://xcweather.co.uk/
    Some strong breezes here and dry too.

rc28 wrote: »
    "I saw the tornado in my front garden", for some reason I find that funny.

It is quite funny, sounds like he was on some weird drug or something. Gimmie one of those man, I wanna see a tornado in my lawn as well:)

Wind is really packing a howl now with rain. temp steady at 7.0c and pressure 1007.2mb and still falling.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cloudy, 6C and very windy. Feeling much colder than 6C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭arctictree

Cold and Windy here but Dry. Temp +3.0c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Still fairly blustery here in Sligo ...just had a few slushy snowflakes mixed in with the rain on the windscreen while driving to work

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

short sharp shower of hailstones/sleet...temp 3.8c

Dewpoint below zero.

max of 7.9C in early hours, now 5.7C, mostly clear sky

The wind has decreased significantly. It's now 3 c.
    Also it has cleared up. so, hopefully the ground can dry up, the dewpoint goes down to whatever is required, and a trough comes along in the late afternoon or evening. Ah just as i look out...it's already starting to cloud over again. i hate seeing all this snow falling and not sticking. i'll just have to wait till the frost sets in tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Sleety shower here in Citywest has just passed. Temp rose to 4.2C during the shower but now dropping back, down to 2.6C now.

Looks like a heavier band of precipitation moving this way now.

Occasional showers here with the odd bit of snow thrown in. Nothing to dramatic. A stiff, cold breeze though. temp hovering at 2.6c with humidity at 88%. Dewpoint 0.7c but rising. Pressure 998.7mb with a slowly rising trend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Sleet in Athlone as of midday. Had been rain showers all morning and is now noticebly colder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Heavy sleet shower in Limerick. Bit of snow mixed in. Feeling colder by the minute here

it has been fine for that last 30 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

Just had a shower here in west Kildare, it started off as hail but finished up as snow. From the radar it loooks as if there's plenty more where that came from!

Advertisement