Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-January 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Incredibly fine misty drizzle.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

Do I spy with my little eye a developing squall line currently crossing through the midlands and heading straight for Dublin and the east???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It's raining fairly heavily at the moment. No major dip in temperature yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Reached 16.1C here today! Has fallen back to 15.1C now though. Strange to think we'll be looking for snow showers later:p
    highdef wrote: »
    Do I spy with my little eye a developing squall line currently crossing through the midlands and heading straight for Dublin and the east???

I think it might be the leading edge of a cold front having looked at a few charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

It just began storming in Finglas out of no where. Left my office and came back and it was a hell of a lot darker. Strong winds and heavy rain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Its a stormy shower here now in Blanch. Very mild, great that summer's back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

just before 4pm the band of rain reached here with extremely torrential rain and some hail- it was the heaviest rain I've seen in ages. The roads flooded instantly and many drivers actually pulled over at fairyhouse cross. You literally couldn't see the surrounding fields it was so heavy. The heaviest only lasted 5mins but its still raining moderately now.

clear at the moment but still fairly mild, i guess the cold front is still to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Temp still quite high at 11.1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Temp dropping slowly after some mostly light rain.
    Currently 9.7°C, hope it turns more interesting later.
    Good stuff (sneachta) is probably reserved for the NW counties though.
    At least some of the ensembles are showing good synoptics at last, there is some hope for Feb!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

i'll enjoy the snow on your behalf. i'm sure that's what you would want.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Did anyone see the weather forecast on Rte1 at 6.50

i'll enjoy the snow on your behalf. i'm sure that's what you would want.:D

Nacho - if ye get some of the white stuff, please take some snaps and we all can enjoy it!!

I'm certain most of us snow starved easterners would love you westerners to get some snow (as long as you share some snaps!! ).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Max of 15.9 here today!
    Now at 8.3, the lowest in the past 24 hours.

June 21st 2007 Max 13.6° in Annamoe
    January 23rd 2008 Max 13.3°C in Annamoe.

This is why we crave the snow or the heatwave in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭arctictree

Longfield wrote: »
    June 21st 2007 Max 13.6° in Annamoe
    January 23rd 2008 Max 13.3°C in Annamoe.

This is why we crave the snow or the heatwave in this country!

How about:

June 16th 2007 - Max 12.3c in Roundwood
    January 23rd 2008 - Max 12.8c in Roundwood

!!

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

It nearly happens every year that there are maxes in winter higher than the lowest maxes in summer.

16th June 14.4C

4th Dec 15.3C
    6th Dec 16.4C
    18th Jan 15.0C

Max today 13.5C
    Currently 10.0C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Mine are even worse:p
    Max 15th June 13.4C
    Max 23rd January 16.2C

Currently 10.4C
    dp 4.7C

still no snow yet. had a passing rain shower 10 minutes ago. i have a feeling there will be a trough at around 4 or 5 am that will bring a prolonged spell of snow. so i expect to wake up to a dusting of snow tomorrow morning:D

Bright beautiful spring morning!

edit - the wind is er "keen"

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

6C and sunny, beautifull day at long last

Wind gone nuts outside, not going to get much sleep tonight.

Dry and semi-clear, cold and windy.

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Pretty breezy out - nice looking day generally.

I just saw on XCWeather sustained winds of 62mph and gust of 108mph at Glen Ogle in Scotland - now that's breezy! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Mild with a gale blowing. Would be a nice day apart from the odd light shower that just wets things all over again. 10.0c and pressure 1027.8 mb, oddly high for such a strong wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Mild with a gale blowing. Would be a nice day apart from the odd light shower that just wets things all over again. 10.0c and pressure 1027.8 mb, oddly high for such a strong wind.
    Lp to our north and Hp to the south,one is trying to nudge the other outa the way so the pressure gradient is tight right over the country.(but HP wins;))

10.4c and a gust of 33mph so far.
    1027.9mb

Too bad about the hp winning:(
    If that front had moved down across the country rather than staying up over Scotland we would have had a cold north or north westerly airflow for the weekend. which surely would have brought some snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I thought today was pretty good, very refreshing in the strong wind but not too cold either and it's nice to have a dry day for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Wind remained gale force last night with some really powerful gusts. Still strong but it seems to be slowly moderating as the morning wears on. Temp also dropping slight from the 10°C it remained all night. Now 9.8°C. (a huge difference).:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

First day of Spring! :) The bird are chirpping, the sun is out the air is warm, the doors and windows are open.

Mike.

Advertisement