Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-January 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

The odd shower here and feeling cool with temps very slowly falling, now 1.9c with relative humidity quite high at 91%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭arctictree

-0.9c here. Calm and clear skies. I can see some cloud to my west though.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

just back from stroll in the nearby windfarm ,located 2 km from me on the stacks mountains , this location is at 1000ft asl and those yokes are always whirring , but not tonite ,its dead calm up there , lovely starry nite and you could hear a dog bark for miles ,my wireless weather sensor currently showing 1.2c ;)

Like artictree- an airfrost has developed with a similar temp currently of nearly -1c under calm clear skies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I've joined the air frost club. 2C drop during past 30 minutes
    -0.7C
    DP -1.5C
    Gentle SW breeze

• Advertisement

Currently 0.8c. Not expecting a general frost here tonight as there are little atlantic showers never to far from the area. Enough to throw cloud cover over here.
    None the less, it feels pretty cold and damp out there.:rolleyes:

Had to pour warm water on the windscreen again this morning.
    This seems much more frequent than last year though I havent been counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lovely Winters morning around Wicklow with a nice hard white frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Was just above zero when I leaving home 30 mins back. Lots of floods on the walk to college, so lots of detours and plank walking to be done :D. Will throw up some pics later.

Other than that a grand clear, calm, frosty morning.......just like the gold ol' days :)

Still Frosty here with a rising mist. Colder than I thought it would be. Currently -2.4c. Roads Lethal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Care with the old warm water of screen malarkey. Scrape with credit card is safer.

Sunny and cold.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

superb day here ,calm ,bright sunshine , currently 9.6 after overnite low of +0.6 , yipee its spring..........:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

great day outside, blue skys, sunshine, frost on the ground, 2C

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely day here. Temp rose 4.5°C in the cloud earlier but since the sun has come out its dropped to 4.1°C, no strength in the sun at all this time of year.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Sunny, like everywhere else.
    Temp 6C with 0C DP.

Going to be a cold one tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

2 c, clear blue sky. judging by the cloud type further to the west there is likely a few coastal showers going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Frost stayed in the shade here all day with ice still on the floods in the fields. 0c

down to minus 1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

max of 5.2c today in light winds.

Currently 2.2c clear and cold.Nice though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭repr

Been an ice day here today. Ice lying all day proper winter weather. Now -2 glad I don't have to go out in the car tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Left work at 6:30(Blanch, Dub), ice already all over the car especially on the windscreen, the type you can't scrape off with your hand, it surprised me!
    Car temp gives 0.5C, its gonna be very icy tonight if it stays that way

After saying that, enjoyed the lovely sunshine with an hours walk at lunch, it was like the summer we didn't have!

Currently 2.9°C and rising, seems to be a thin veil of high cloud above.
    Am very surprised temp isnt plummeting tonight, I guess all the rain in the last few days makes the land slow to cool as a contributory factor.
    Perhaps my proximity to the mountains is giving weird synoptics on a calm night like tonight though.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A hard frost here, everything icy already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

1.1c on the mercury and frosty.

-2 here with bits of very light rain from bits of passing cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Fell to 3.9C a few hours ago here but then rose back above 4C and it still hasn't gone below that since!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

-2 here and roads are lethal. All R and unclassified Roads around Dunshaughlin are covered in ice and footpaths are iced all day. The N3 in Dunshaughlin has ice developing on it now and cars are going very slowly. Frost stayed here all day in the shade with temperatures only barely above freezing for a few hours earlier on today. Large sheets of Ice in the fields from frozen floods.

Currently 1.0c exactly. What an interesting temperature.

Despite that roads a bit tricky as frost never really cleared here today.

1.0c, sorry I have to say it again. Cold, but not cold enough. I would imagine that would be about the same temperature that would be experienced in a grave.:cool::confused:

3.4°C here, hope its more interesting by dawn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Currently 1.0c exactly also! Interesting that todays high was a mere 3.1c :eek:

Clear and frosty out.

Advertisement