Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bareback

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭silasrat

you people who get drunk and have a one niter,then winde up wit a kid dont appreciate what has just happened,there's people who struggle for a long time trying to concieve to little or no avail,in stark contrast to the others who have kids and hardly care for them or play an active role in their upbringing........to often have i seen single mothers who share the responsability of raising the result of a drunkin fling wit their own mothers.
    my heart goes out to them,....... so,wit regard condoms etc., i tink people jus need to be a little less shy about sayin,'look,im jus gonna stick a johny on,back in a sec'.... its hardly a difficult task is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

silasrat wrote: »
    its hardly a difficult task is it?

Well the problem is that they don't give a **** about using them... so it's not difficult or easy... it's just non-issue for them.

your rite,some people just dont care or cant see any further than themselves,it just annoys me to see people who dont want or deserve or ar eeven remotely capable of caring for a child have one so easily and others who really want to start a family are struggling to do so.............
    murphy's law me tinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

you people who get drunk and have a one niter,then winde up wit a kid dont appreciate what has just happened,there's people who struggle for a long time trying to concieve to little or no avail,in stark contrast to the others who have kids and hardly care for them or play an active role in their upbringing........

Live a little!

its hardly a difficult task is it?

Not difficult yet a lot of people find it difficult… or even think of it in a derogatory way; i.e. female = he thinks I have something?

i tink ive made my point badly,i aint against gettin pissed and havin a good time,... pissed at the mo sas a matter of fact, im just irratated by people not using protection wen they know they have no intention of dealin wit the concequences.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

I'm always careful to ask the girl "you dont have AIDS or anything, do you?" before I fluck her. works like a charm. condoms are, like, such a mood killah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

dublindude wrote: »
    I would agree with this. I would also say the intimacy of (sorry to go all technical) the penis touching the vagina, and the semen going into the vagina, is an important part of sex. After all, that is the purpose of sex. You are "not supposed" to be putting the semen in a rubber tube.
    You mean to say that it's not meant to go all over her face? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

The only way a study could be valueable on that topic, is if it recorded the pre and post levels satisfaction of adult men who underwent circumcision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Protection FFS, a mini version of me could have terrible effects on the universe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Princess J

OMG, there are so many posts and issues raised in this thread that I want to reply to I don't know where to start! So I'm just gonna comment on this one
    I'm always careful to ask the girl "you dont have AIDS or anything, do you?" before I fluck her. works like a charm. condoms are, like, such a mood killah

I agree, condoms can be a mood killer, but they can also be a life saver and , horrible as the thought is, there are possibly women out there who have no regard for others' health and safety so are they really going to be honest when you ask "you don't have AIDS or anything, do you?"

I will admit in the past I've been silly and "got caught up in the heat of the moment", fortunately I was lucky and never caught and STD, fatal or otherwise from this. However, I was in a serious relationship (we were together over 6 months when I went on the pill and we stopped using condoms) and I was diagnosed with chlamydia. I hadn't been unfaithful so can only assume I caught it from the boyfriend. As I had not been tested before we stopped using condoms and chlamydia can lay non-symptomatic for years I had no proof of this.

I later split up with said boyfriend and started seeing someone new. We used condoms for the first 3 months and then one burst on us, resulting in me going to get the morning after pill. This wasn't something I really wanted to do, but we did not want to take the risk of pregnancy. We then made a joint decision for me to go back on the pill so we wouldn't have to go through this again. Before we stopped using condoms, we both got tested. I'm careful to use the pill properly and anytime I miss it or have to take anti biotics we use condoms.

For me, condoms definitely lessen the pleasure. I do prefer to really feel my boyfriend inside me, especially when he comes ;) For me sex doesn't feel finished unless we get messy :p And I know he definitely prefers to go bareback :D

Obviously this is what works for us, every relationship/one night stand is different, but I don't think anyone should take silly risks with their life/health/future. And I definitely think sex education, particularly in relation to STIs and contraception needs to be improved in this country.

In relation to availability of contraception. As I use the pill it costs me E150 a year whicih I can claim back fully through my health plan, so really it's free :D Health historiy is important in relation to the pill so it shouldn't be made available over the counter I think. The morning after pill could be made over the counter, but in such a way that women would have to provide ID and it would be logged so that usage could be limited. This way it would be used properly as emergency contraception and not the way some people take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Too many issues to respond to here.

1) Sex ed in school when I was there (finished 2000ish) was woeful. We learned the basics - what goes where and that was about it. In secondary school (girls convent school) we learned about periods and were told that the best form of contraception was abstinence until marriage. There were at least 4 girls pregnant at my debs!

2) Me and most girls I know learned most of what we know about sex from British teenage magazines. These have great info for curious teens. I learned about contraception, consent, communication, oral and anal sex from these.

3) I asked my dad if I could go on the pill when I was 16 - I had a serious boyfriend at the time. I have never missed taking a pill even when I'm single. I had otherwise unprotected sex a few times - mostly drunk etc. When I met my current boyfriend we both got tested. He didn't mind me asking. I was attending TCD and they had a full sexual health screening for about €15. We both came back clean.

4) We now have sex without condoms all the time. (I am still on the pill) We're both in our 20's so I doubt it would destroy our lives if I got pregnant but I feel it's highly unlikey that I will. I don't feel any difference with / without condoms, but he says he does.

5) We need more education in this country. I think that's the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

The only proper education is for girls to open up thier legs and let the men have at them.

1 day intensive course anyone? Or Weekend team building exercise?

The only proper education is for girls to open up thier legs and let the men have at them.

Seeing as you posted at 04:24 i would like to believe you were either drunk or you just had your balls chopped!

And what about a days intensive course of training you...

I had Chlamydia, I didn't know I had. I had had lots of unprotected sex. My GP was doing a smear test and asked would I mind being tested for Chlamydia. Now it was my first smear and I was so nervous, but I said why not, sure while your down there kind of thing. Anyway I took a pill, got rid of it, and I haven't been silly since. Went for another check up a few months ago because I have a new boyf and all is clear. I can't believe I had it, I don't for how long, and the thought that it might affect my fertility makes me sick. I was a dumb dumb girl in my early twenties.
    Out of curiosity, did the doctor guesstimate how long you had it? Did you recognize any symptoms?

Personally that's what i am afraid off, the fact that i could have something and not know. I got tested recently and i am clear :)
    It could be anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

GENIUS!

why do so many people still use condoms even when the girls is on the pill and its a long term prtner? seem like overkill to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

why do so many people still use condoms even when the girls is on the pill and its a long term prtner? seem like overkill to me

+1

But only if you both know you're clean.

the dee wrote: »
    +1

But only if you both know you're clean.

and then you can run amuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

lol, I can't believe this is only occurring to me now...

We have all these religion teachers supposedly giving sex ed and saying abstinence is the only safe way... but what about Mary... :confused:

I think the big problem with sex ed in this country is that there's no rule or consistency, some people seem to have had a good grounding while others got nothing (I personally got nothing whatsoever, but as my religion teacher looked a bit like Santa Claus, I'm glad. that would have been weird...) so it really is hit or miss whether your child will be given the info or not...

Personally, I can't say I feel much difference between with or without a condom, but as I'm cut and apparently have less sensation anyway... I've gotta say, I agree with ztoical a lot that there's more to it than just insert, thrust and remove and you'll have more fun the less emphasis there is on that...

• Advertisement
Advertisement