Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bareback

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I remember some health class and Religion class teaching about sex alright as in
    1) Slot A goes into Slot B
    2) NOTE: Slot A does not go into Slot C (unless she really likes you)

Never was given the whole AIDS, HIV, STI talk. Still I came out of it alright, I think!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

strange how the religeon teachers always tought the sex ed aswell isnt it?.,
    Our teacher was great though, she was really down to earth and could chat to anyone about anything. she didnt beleive in the whole authority thing like some teachers, she even made us address her by her first name and not "Miss",. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

I remember some health class and Religion class teaching about sex alright as in
    1) Slot A goes into Slot B
    2) NOTE: Slot A does not go into Slot C (unless she really likes you)
    Or likes IT !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

vtec wrote: »
    sex as she will only be fertile for the 3ish days 2 weeks after her period.,

Bull ****. Woman can get pregnant at any time of the month.

condoms a definately needed with new partners that you are unsure of but when it comes to long term partners, there are only around 2-3 days in every month that it is possible for a woman to become pregnant on, for roughly a week before and after a womans period it is relatively safe to have unprotected (from pregnancy at least) sex as she will only be fertile for the 3ish days 2 weeks after her period.,

So that is nonsense.
    NFP and rhythm method suggest that a woman is fertile for 10-14 days.
    And Sperm can survive in the body waiting to fertilize for days, although I would never consider it, so I'm not sure if NFP considers that.
    And of course that is all dependant on having on having a regular cycle, something like stress can completelly blow that out of the water.
    So unless you can cope with getting preggers I think it is irresponsible to use these method

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Do any schools in this country have the students take home a life like baby doll to look after? You know the ones they seem to always have in american highschools etc???

i had this for a whole weekend!! it didnt bother me cos i knew i could give it back but boy was it demanding!! feed me.. feed me... hold me.. dam thing woke up at all hours!!! i had it in class in school and it would just cry and ya would have to stick the key in untill it stopped. it was a different amount each time so ya could be there for upto 20 mins!!
    dead arm!!
    was educational though! i dont want a baby yet....that was the start of secondary school.. i still dont want one yet... 6-7 yrs later!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I Think the majority of people will use contraception but been drunk is another thing i think we all have or will be there at some stage **** happens lucky if ya get away with it!

Bull ****. Woman can get pregnant at any time of the month.
    thats the most silly and ill informed thing ive ever heard/read. nuff said.
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    So that is nonsense.
    NFP and rhythm method suggest that a woman is fertile for 10-14 days.
    And Sperm can survive in the body waiting to fertilize for days, although I would never consider it, so I'm not sure if NFP considers that.
    And of course that is all dependant on having on having a regular cycle, something like stress can completelly blow that out of the water.
    So unless you can cope with getting preggers I think it is irresponsible to use these method

as for the sperm, yes it can last a couple of days in extreme circumstances but its very unlikely due to temperature etc.,
    Women are most certainly not fertile for anywhere near 10 days. 5 would be possible but pushing it as the regular for most women is 72hrs.
    as far as the cycle is concerned you are right about how it can fluctuate but it would be silly to try to predict it and have sex unprotected before the period. My point was that you can do it afterwards safely rather than beforehand and being wrong due to fluctuations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Technically a woman can get pregnant at any time of the month. She has days where she at her most fertile during the middle to the end of the cycle. It is foolish to suggest there is solely a 72 hour - 5day window where a woman can get pregnant. That may be the case as a woman approaches the later stages of fertility (late 30's/40's) but a healthy young woman is in fact very fertile, and at the peak of her fertility at late teens - 20's.

i had that same attitude at first but i spent a few years learning about the whole subject at school and we even had a doctor go through the whole thing with us aswell as the GP.
    No offence but Im far more likely to agree with said doctor than someone that posted on the internet.,

edit: also nobody said there was soley a 72hr period, thats called fluctuation., :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't use condoms, gf is on the pill. We're both clean of all STI(D)'s. I couldn't go back to condoms, I've had to do it when she came off the pill for a few weeks and it's just not the same.

People who don't use condoms with some random skank deserve all they get to be honest, and visa versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lundegaard

You'd have to be a bit mental to go around shäggin' random people without a johnny..

Luckily I'm in a long term relationship and my girlfriend is on the pill...Ooooh its so much better 'bareback' :) but I certainly wouldn't risk it if I was free and single and having a bit of the ol' in and out with girls i barely knew, no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

i had that same attitude at first but i spent a few years learning about the whole subject at school and we even had a doctor go through the whole thing with us aswell as the GP.
    No offence but Im far more likely to agree with said doctor than someone that posted on the internet.,

edit: also nobody said there was soley a 72hr period, thats called fluctuation., :)

This a topic I have discussed at great length with my GP who was annoyed she couldn't come to my secondary school and give a talk about sex ed. The school said too many parents would object...idoits.

Most woman use their menstrual cycle has a way to become pregnant not avoid it. If your looking to not get pregnant the pill, condoms etc is always the best option. I know a bunch of girls who think they can use this method and if they worry about it right after sex they can always take the morning after pill. One of these girls has taken the morning after pill three times in the space of two months. This is really really stupid - the morning after pill is a super high dose of the pill and its not good for your insides to take more then once in such a short space.

Back on to the menstrual cycle, there are sooooooo many factors that effect a womans cyle that it is very hard to judge when a cycle has actually begun and ended [Unless your taking your temp and checking your urine alot] Visible manifestations of ovulation are few. Just because you start bleeding doesn't actually mean its the start of a period, break through bleeding can happen. Very few woman have a regular 28 day cycle and even if you think your cycle is pretty regular there are hundreds of things that can effect your cycle - taking unrelated medication, stress, coming off the pill, smoking, drinking, douching [not common in this country but pretty common and a major factor in other countries] etc etc

Yes there are times when the risk of pregnancy is very low but never EVER say there is a window were it can never happen. Also this method only takes into consideration pregnancy and not STD's so if someone is using this method I hope its with someone they know is clean [and that they themsevles are clean] My GP has an obession with gential warts as they seem to be spreading at very high rate - she has lots of great pictures to show young people who come in to ask about pregnancy and STD's.

hey vtec are you a bog or a girl?

ztoical wrote: »
    Yes there are times when the risk of pregnancy is very low but never EVER say there is a window were it can never happen. Also this method only takes into consideration pregnancy and not STD's so if someone is using this method I hope its with someone they know is clean [and that they themsevles are clean] My GP has an obession with gential warts as they seem to be spreading at very high rate - she has lots of great pictures to show young people who come in to ask about pregnancy and STD's.

hey vtec are you a bog or a girl?

Yes I agree with you on the STIs point though my original point was that with new partners you wouldnt do it and would only concider it with proper long term partners.
    The ova produced by the female body during ovulation die within 24 hours of production, meaning that there is a day-long window during each fertility cycle in which a woman can conceive. As sperm will die within 2 to 5 days of ejaculation into a woman’s body, the overall window for conception is only a few days per month. As the changes in a woman’s body that signal ovulation are only detectable immediately during and after, keeping track of the fertility cycle through fertility charting is the most effective means of trying to predict the best time for conception.

This is the information I was thought from sex education class including a doctor from one of those STI clinics. The same explanation also came from my partners GP since she suffered from cycle problems from a young age and used to have to take a contraceptive pill in order to control her cycle.
    Oh, and im male.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Most folks here think sex education should be thought in schools at an earlier age but why don't we enforce it. I don't have kids but if i did i would ask the school why my kids aren't learning safe sex same as drink driving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

would you?

why the hell wouldn't you just teach your children yourself?

Oh, and im male.:rolleyes:
    In that case if you are relying on that method to avoid pregnancy I would hope you have very intimate knowledge of your gf's bodily functions. Its one thing when a girl tells me she knows her own body and her own clock but for a guy to know it I'd have my doubts. I've been regular as clock work since my first period at 11, never been on the pill, don't smoke or douche, and I still wouldn't feel 100% relying on timing to avoid pregnancy.

On the sex ed side, alot of schools to try and cover as much as they can but all you need is for one parent to complain and they usually shut it all down. My last year in secondary school there were at least 4 girls pregnant that I knew of in my year and a few of the GP's in the town offered to come in and do a family planning session - it would have been just for 6th year where everyone is over 16 [therefore over the age of constent] and most of them were 18 therefore old enough to vote but a couple of parents freaked, got onto the church and that was the last we heard of it.

Some parents find it very difficult to talk to their kids about sex and in some cases the parents themselves actually don't know all the information. They know where babies come from but they might not be able to tell them the difference between a male and female condom, difference betweening using the coil or going on the pill etc etc It might be better if the schools offered a class for the parents, gave them the info and let them go home and discuss the information with their children in the context of their own belief system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Mordeth wrote: »
    would you?

why the hell wouldn't you just teach your children yourself?

As i said if i did i WOULD.

The only sex education I ever received in secondary school was about the reproductive system of a flower.

The only sex education I ever received in secondary school was about the reproductive system of a flower.

I got to watch a video in 6th class hosted by a nun who used lots of interesting euphemisms for the various body parts. contraception was never once mentioned. We also watched another video hosted by padjoe [showing how old I am] that stupid rat puppet thing off rte - did anyone else watch that video? it was all about not letting bad men thouch your bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Haven't ever had unprotected sex, probably never will. I really don't see the point or logic in not using protection when there is so many STD's.

For me, it's mainly to protect against having kids!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Same thing really, all you need is some bee's to carry the pollen from your Stamen to fertilize the females Carpel... Hey presto!

In that case if you are relying on that method to avoid pregnancy I would hope you have very intimate knowledge of your gf's bodily functions. Its one thing when a girl tells me she knows her own body and her own clock but for a guy to know it I'd have my doubts. I've been regular as clock work since my first period at 11, never been on the pill, don't smoke or douche, and I still wouldn't feel 100% relying on timing to avoid pregnancy.

I never said i rely on it at all, im only quoting medical facts as i have been tought but various different sorces. the fact that i am a man should have no bearing on the issue at all. Im just making my point on common misunderstanding of fertility.
    Dont Take it as my advice to stop using protection, My point is more about understanding the reproductive system and knowing the difference between the facts and the rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

No graphic images are to be linked to. If you want to take it to that level, maybe consider Sex & Sexuality. ¬_¬

its funny looking through peoples comments and the main focus seems to be on pregnancy. It is something I've noticed in Ireland, esp among young men. They seem much more worried about ending up with a baby then they are with ending up with genital warts. When I lived in the states the risk of STD's was the big issue and people weren't as worried about pregnancy. Most of my friends there expected you to go to an STD clinic at least ever 6 months but here when I ask guys about doing something like that they usual go "why I'm not gay!"

Also wondering whats peoples veiw on blowjobs with out a condom?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

to repeat

getting used to johnnys again is tought but its a necessity. if someone (male/female) ****s around without protection they deserve everything they get....literally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Most Irish men would probably laugh if you asked them to use one.

Not a good idea, especially for the giver. Using a condom for oral is an important part of safer sex.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,910 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

:p
    Pigman II wrote: »
    Yeah but if you were to wear 6 on top of each other then they're 99.9999999936% effective! I like those odds.

Hahaha!!! And with that many on there's pretty much no chance ul come!! So u could almost say that's 100% effective!! Go Pigman II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

just wondering if anyone know what the average % risk of pregnancy after unprotected sex?? 5%, 10%?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,226 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Infection rate is (according to the US Govt CDC) 1 in 100000 for the giver and .5 in 100000 for the receiver (presumably if the giver has open wounds in their gob or something, or serious herpes); and I don't think I've even *heard* of people using condoms for blowjobs. Although I guess thats why "flavoured" ones are made.

Advertisement