Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bareback

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,184 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

ztoical wrote: »
    Can some of the guys on here clarify why they don't like wearing condoms...don't just quote the usual answers, why do you, from your own expirences, not like wearing them?

As a girl I honestly can't say I notice a difference and seeing as I had a boyfriend get off through his pants using only my foot the whole "it lessens the feeling" line I just don't buy.
    ztoical - try asking your partner to give you oral sex through a dental dam and then try it without - there's a world of a difference in the sensation.

Speaking solely from my personal experience I've tended to be the more insistent on protection that the ladies I've been with. Maybe one third were insistent about wearing a condom, one third didn't protest at my inisistence and another third have been of the 'it's alright I'm on the pill / I hate those things' persuasion.

Also cheers for all the replies boys - sorry if I ofended with the whole why don't like condoms questions....just happy no one replied with "cus they are too hard to put on"
    They are a bit of a passion killer but in fairness if ya can't put one on should you really be allowed have sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

As long as they were clear "they'd never heard of anyone getting pregnant" and not "no ones ever got pregnant while on the pill"

Ya they have never heard of anyone getting pregnant from it. I wouldn't expect they to say its not possible as they are leaving themselves open to a lawsuit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Sleepy wrote: »
    ztoical - try asking your partner to give you oral sex through a dental dam and then try it without - there's a world of a difference in the sensation.

how do you know I haven't already :p

They are a bit of a passion killer but in fairness if ya can't put one on should you really be allowed have sex?

Thats not entirely fair. It should be up to both the man and the woman to know how to put on a condom. But I agree with you, its not really an excuse as the condoms always come with detailed instructions as to how to put them on.

• Advertisement

Out of interest hands up how many peoples first time using a condom was when they were drunk, in the dark, under the covers and trying to kiss someone?

Just wondering if anyone got the banana/condom demo at school

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

We got the banana/condom demo in school about 9 years ago (god i am getting old!!!!) and some bbc sex ed videos. We even got some in primary school (with your parents consent) I taught this would be standard in most schools??

irishguy wrote: »
    We got the banana/condom demo in school about 9 years ago (god i am getting old!!!!) and some bbc sex ed videos. We even got some in primary school (with your parents consent) I taught this would be standard in most schools??

Nope, but it should be standard. There's no way to stop underage sex (well, maybe if chastity belts came into fashion..) but they could at least ensure they know the safe way.

irishguy wrote: »

not in my seconday or primary school - I mentioned it earlier in the thread but all I got was two videos that were hosted by a nun. No mention of condoms or the pill or anything. Lucky I had a mum I could talk freely to but still didn't actually see/thouch a condom till first year in college

• Registered Users Posts: 68,225 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Have to admit, I've never heard of anyone other than a prostitute using condoms for oral before...

Would be very curious to hear the medical reason for higher rates of transmission of HIV to uncircumcised men if anyone's aware of it?

Skin on circumcised mens glans has become, erm, keratinised or some similar term (I am NOT looking up the Wikipedia article on that in work!), meaning its less porous and less moist and less suitable for HIV to live on/get through; or at least thats what The Lancet or BMJ or whatever was lying around work article I read suggested...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I like the saying 'neat dress essential'
    you not dressed properly you not coming in - drunk or not. I repsect my health and partner health alot more than afew thrusts - lessor feeling or not.

What if you or your partner have something - dont know about it and pass it onto your children.> Is is being very irresponsible for your health at end of day. If you catch something no one to blame other than yourself.
    To put it another way. You have to live with yourself for along time, coulld you live with something hanging over your head if there was something you could of done to prevent it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Piste wrote: »
    Hmm I have a question if any of you biology nerds know anything about it!

So basically progestogen stops the egg stickimng to th lining of the womb blah di blah di blah, so if you got pregnant on the pill could you just keep taking in and it would....detatch? I've wondered about this for some time!
    What do you think the morning after pill is?

You could take a megadose of the pill and it'd probably have the same effect.*

*Not necessarily true, since there are loads of different types of pills, and definitely not recommended.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Yes we need proper health based sex education in this country.
    Thing is who is going to provide it ?
    The internet!

how do you know I haven't already :p
    If that's the case, was there not a major difference? I'd be very surprised to hear that female genitalia was less sensitive to a difference in sensation than male genitalia when using/not using barrier contraception!
    Thats not entirely fair. It should be up to both the man and the woman to know how to put on a condom. But I agree with you, its not really an excuse as the condoms always come with detailed instructions as to how to put them on.
    Who said I was only refering to men? Your post does stand to show the very bias you're questioning however - you automatically assumed I meant that only men shouldn't be allowed to have sex if they can't put a condom on. IMHO, it's definitely something both partners should be able to do - the female putting it on is one great way of working past the 'passion killer' part: especially if she does so with her mouth ;)
    Out of interest hands up how many peoples first time using a condom was when they were drunk, in the dark, under the covers and trying to kiss someone?

Just wondering if anyone got the banana/condom demo at school
    Erm, I'm sure I wasn't the only bloke to have a 'dry run' the first time I bought a box...
    MYOB wrote: »
    Skin on circumcised mens glans has become, erm, keratinised or some similar term (I am NOT looking up the Wikipedia article on that in work!), meaning its less porous and less moist and less suitable for HIV to live on/get through; or at least thats what The Lancet or BMJ or whatever was lying around work article I read suggested...
    Cheers MYOB So it turns out the jewish were right (albeit a few thousand years before the virus existed). Now starting to wonder if perhaps AIDS or something similar may have existed thousands of years ago and circumcision was the primitive preventative 'cure'... interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,225 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cheers MYOB So it turns out the jewish were right (albeit a few thousand years before the virus existed). Now starting to wonder if perhaps AIDS or something similar may have existed thousands of years ago and circumcision was the primitive preventative 'cure'... interesting.

The same process is believed to reduce sensation somewhat significantly, though. And its apparently VERY painful to get it done as an adult. You're choice :p

If that's the case, was there not a major difference? I'd be very surprised to hear that female genitalia was less sensitive to a difference in sensation than male genitalia when using/not using barrier contraception!

With that person the difference wasn't so great that I had issue with but I will be honest and say I think that came down to the person, their skill and the over all enjoyment of the night.

it might just be the difference between men and women and this may start a totaly different debate but I want sex to be alot more then just "insert penis" All this talk about sensation and feeling has me wondering what kinda of foreplay people are having.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

eep.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The same process is believed to reduce sensation somewhat significantly, though.

Yup, a guy I know says he barely feels anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

my bf still uses extra safe condoms, even tho i'm on the pill. He really mustn't feel much. id rather he used something lighter

The same process is believed to reduce sensation somewhat significantly, though. And its apparently VERY painful to get it done as an adult. You're choice :p
    That's no choice whatsoever. I was curious as I've always argued that it's a barbaric practice which shouldn't be tolerated on religious or 'hygienic' grounds.
    With that person the difference wasn't so great that I had issue with but I will be honest and say I think that came down to the person, their skill and the over all enjoyment of the night.

it might just be the difference between men and women and this may start a totaly different debate but I want sex to be alot more then just "insert penis" All this talk about sensation and feeling has me wondering what kinda of foreplay people are having.
    Thinking you're missing out? :p

Seriously though, I get where you're coming from but the extra sensation of natural sex helps add to the emotional intimacy of the act. Particularly from the point of just being able to progress to/from penetrative sex without the need to stop proceedings to 'suit up'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

the extra sensation of natural sex helps add to the emotional intimacy of the act.

I would agree with this. I would also say the intimacy of (sorry to go all technical) the penis touching the vagina, and the semen going into the vagina, is an important part of sex. After all, that is the purpose of sex. You are "not supposed" to be putting the semen in a rubber tube.

It's just unfortunate that STI's and unwanted pregnancies come with the territory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

For those of you who think the odd bareback session with someone you trust and think might be ok.......makes you think. A half an hour of pleasure and then.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055209822

Also those for you who said it's the girls job to sort contraception...cop yourselves on. What age are you?

This is such a ball breaker? Gonna post on that now, but it's reality hitting the nail on the head.
    FOR THOSE MINUTES OF PLEASURE IT DEFINITELY ISN'T WORTH IT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

dublindude wrote: »
    I would agree with this. I would also say the intimacy of (sorry to go all technical) the penis touching the vagina, and the semen going into the vagina, is an important part of sex. After all, that is the purpose of sex. You are "not supposed" to be putting the semen in a rubber tube.

Bold reply... but all the same it is true..
    Caveman in all of us isn't necessarily the smartest!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

MIN2511 wrote: »
    This is such a ball breaker? Gonna post on that now, but it's reality hitting the nail on the head.
    FOR THOSE MINUTES OF PLEASURE IT DEFINITELY ISN'T WORTH IT

It's not just a few minutes of pleasure though, like catching that episode of buffy before heading into college, it's a significant part of any relationship. While people have caught HIV in what they were sure was a trusting monogamous relationship I'd imagine it's very rare.

There's very little pleasure in life without some element of risk attached. From sky diving to going for a walk, you might die. I'm not saying that people with a partner they trust shouldn't wear a condom, but I am saying that it's not an open and shut case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

It's just unfortunate that STI's and unwanted pregnancies come with the territory.

its what its made for ... both things... babies and fun..

also where's the option for "johnny hats are against my religion" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Spyral wrote: »
    its what its made for ... both things... babies and fun..

also where's the option for "johnny hats are against my religion" ?
    You've been in the UK for too long.

The Catholic church are now the most evil thing to ever happen to Ireland.
    They are to blame for all of societies ills. As such, all mentions of the religion formerly known as Catholicism are now to be stricken from all forms of media, for fear someone may be offended.
    Any support of said religion will have you struck down any pissed on, because, you know, it's the stuff of scumbags, paedophiles, the poor and the insane. Any right (hah) thinking person knows that religion (especially Catholicism) is pure evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    What do you think the morning after pill is?

You could take a megadose of the pill and it'd probably have the same effect.*

that was going to be my next question ;)

Seeing as the MAP is basically a smaller dose of the abortion pill (though a different compound i think) what's stopping people taking two (or more) doses of the MAP if they are really desperate?

If anyone's about to get freaked and worry "oh god what's that girl going to do to her body?! I'm sure daddy would pay for a "shopping trip" in London...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Messing about with pharmaceuticals on an ad-hoc basis is a fools game. Some medications are designed to have secosndary effects (like vomiting) to discourage abuse.

Taking the MAP more than something like once a year is considered dangerous.

Lots of women use some kind of barrier to masturbate, like silk.
    Condoms = More friction = More sensation for women.

dublindude wrote: »
    I would also say the intimacy of the semen going into the vagina, is an important part of sex. After all, that is the purpose of sex.

Schiesse! Would you feel more intimately connected if someone left you a massive goober from a kiss?
    I think your view is odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i akin bareback riding to drink driving.

Is convenient, it can be great craic and feels fine at the time, but you can ruin your life and the life of others by doing it... and you feel like a dick head the next morning.

Advertisement