Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome New Mod of AH, Dudess

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Silverfish wrote: »
    Afaik, moderators don't have the ability to pre-empt what a poster is going to do, nor do we have time to 'set them straight' before they do what they are going to do.
    Yeah, wtf, Minority Report isn't real WitchyWoman.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Having read the whole original thread from start to finish I was suprised at some of the posts from the moderators.
    Which ones?
    I am as humourous as any other boardsie...
    I doubt it. Throw your best joke out here or do something humorous.
    ... 6th , but I do think that he was unfairly dealt with, why on earth he wasnt put straight before he exploded and made a show of himself? Surely common decency should have prevailed.
    There was some trolling - by a user. We are not here to hold anyone's hand. 6th is a grown man. He's older than me. He can take care of himself and for the most part did. He "exploded" only at the end. He crossed the line with personal abuse. He was banned. End of discussion as far as I can see.

Ed:
    I can predict the future in After Hours. I am always right. I am not allowed use my powers though. Something about fascism, taught-police or something.... :/

Sic. ¬_¬

Karoma wrote: »
    There was some trolling - by a user. We are not here to hold anyone's hand. 6th is a grown man. He's older than me. He can take care of himself and for the most part did. He "exploded" only at the end. He crossed the line with personal abuse. He was banned. End of discussion.

Tbh Karoma, I wasn't even out to p1ss him off, as I said, in my mind both of us were having a laugh and it wasn't at all serious. Seems I was the only one in that frame of mind though!

Again, T'Internet, serious f*cking business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well it's sleep time for me. Thanks again for the congrats and recommending and stuff!

Good night...

(I've a strong feeling that I'll wake up tomorrow and this'll all have been a dream...)

Dudess wrote: »
    Well it's sleep time for me. Thanks again for the congrats and recommending and stuff!

Good night...

(I've a strong feeling that I'll wake up tomorrow and this'll all have been a dream...)
    Erm, Dudess, sorry to be the one to tell you but...AH mods aren't allowed sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

rb_ie wrote: »
    Erm, Dudess, sorry to be the one to tell you but...AH mods aren't allowed sleep.

yeah you're allowed a 10 minute break when the database backup occurs but you still have to be on stand by just in case it explodes or something and they need volunteers to put out the blaze.

Good night...

Funnily enough I had a boards-related ream once. Was quite arousing.. ehm ..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I dont have a problem with the chosen one, as some posters seem to think.

who said you had a problem with it? YOu seem to be making up stuff as you go along.
    Nor do I have any desire to moderate this or any forum.

Who said you did?
    Having read the whole original thread from start to finish I was suprised at some of the posts from the moderators.

Perhaps you need to define to me what the role of a mod is and we'll have a wee chat about that?

[QUOTE=witchywoman;54706450I am as humourous as any other boardsie and I dont have any affiliation with other posters including 6th , but I do think that he was unfairly dealt with, why on earth he wasnt put straight before he exploded and made a show of himself? [/QUOTE]

becuase im not his mother. im not nanny, and im not here to molly coddle or hold anyones hand.

However, I have asked you questions that you refuse to answer, you have spouted out allegations, and refuse to back any of them up with any links. You have been abusive and rude, youve exploded and made a fool of yourself. What should I do with you?
    Surely common decency should have prevailed.

In what way? What should have been done?

Seriously, Im missing all of your points here.

rb_ie wrote: »
    She's not in the Moderator group just yet. We can forgive her this one time.
    Funnily enough I had a boards-related ream once. Was quite arousing.. ehm ..
    About WWM's balls?

About WWM's balls?

Wow! Did you have that dream too?

• Advertisement

Hrmm, sounds alright I suppose. Dudess, rest up well, for tonight is the last night you'll sleep over 2 hours should you want to remain a mod in AH, you can kiss goodbye to your looks (the rest sure did...)as you'll now be spending the best part of your days and nights infront of a glowing monitor watching your paranoia grow.

Best of luck with it!

Wow! Did you have that dream too?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Congrats and good luck Dudess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

It's me. I'm da mod in da op.

No.

Its ok, you can admit it to me! I wont tell!

Tbh, I'd imagine the things that go on in Karoma's dreams are far, far more f*cked up than WWMs hairy sack.

Well, the last one involved the bread of doom... I mean, shut up! I'm normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

wow ten pages..

so who is the new bitch.. err.. mod?

edit: ok I read it, congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

I never knew there were so many people queueing up to do it, considering that theres no financial reward entailled, it just goes to show ya how many power hungry people there are on here. A disgraceful exercise .......
    It was considerably funnier than a sharp stick in the eye though.
    jonny24ie wrote: »
    Or else 6th is after possessing another boardsie so he can post in AH again.. :D
    I doused myself in holy water after reading her post tbh.
    I WOULDNT MODERATE YOUR FORUM IF YOU BEGGED, I have no issue with the chosen boardsie, I wish her well. You can stick your forum where the sun dont shine, you insulting fcuk.If the only reply mechanism you have is to bully people into shutting up , then you are indeed a b****x. Feel free to ban me.
    Well happy christmas to you too.

Good night...

Don't forget, theres still time to reject it with gales of laughter! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Binomate wrote: »
    It's me. I'm da mod in da op.
    See? I knew I'd wake up and it would all be a dream. Congrats and good luck Binomate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

i must say, having watched this thread with intrigue i am disappointed. I originally thought that the people posting on after hours were mature ,well adjusted adults. To find that the whole thing is a piss take is really not appealing, how regular posters can be cajouled, ridiculed, made fun of, and for the whole thing to be kept up for days is sad. I never knew there were so many people queueing up to do it, considering that theres no financial reward entailled, it just goes to show ya how many power hungry people there are on here. A disgraceful exercise .......
    perhaps , I did not phrase that correctly!! Of course , the forum is not too serious, its the way this moderator thread has gone on that I find strange, I really didnt realise that hundreds of posters were wanting to get their sweaty little paws on the title. Sad, plus the fact that powers that be showed themselves up to be nothing more than piss takers.
    believe it or not ive read the whole thing from start to finish!!I like the jibe about local government, youve obviously taken the time to look me up! YOUD BE SUPRISED HOW MANY BRAIN CELLS A FEMALE HAS.
    I WOULDNT MODERATE YOUR FORUM IF YOU BEGGED, I have no issue with the chosen boardsie, I wish her well. You can stick your forum where the sun dont shine, you insulting fcuk.If the only reply mechanism you have is to bully people into shutting up , then you are indeed a b****x. Feel free to ban me.
    Yeah, yeah great stuff. Now be a pet & stick the kettle on.

* pats witchywimmins condescendingly on the ärse as she heads back to the kitchen *

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Bugger...?

If you want... :D

Welcome, wilkommen, etc.

A vast improvement, I might add.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Dudess - Heartiest congratulations & the very best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

So Moe Syzlack is being replaced with The bearded Homer-Woman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

WindSock wrote: »
    So Moe Syzlack is being replaced with The bearded Homer-Woman :)

No, a grown up Lisa.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good luck Dudess. You have your work cut out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Einstein

so did i get the job or wot?

Divers wrote: »
    so did i get the job or wot?

Yes. Now drop your pants for the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Hurray! A mod-est, mod-ern moderator for the new dec-...hurray!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Congratulations, Dudess!

Advertisement