Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome New Mod of AH, Dudess

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Congratulations Dudess.May your first banning be everything you always hoped it would be.You getting the job reminds Pighead of that time 6th went for the job but didn't get it or that other time rb_ie went for it and didn't get it either. Its funny the way the old brain goes off on tangents sometimes.

Happy modding buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Heh, this thread is a hellhole, but I just wanted to say congratulations Dudess. Looks like democracy-dictatorship works after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

LAWL! Firstly, congrats to Dudess. From reading your posts over the past while I can tell you're quite level headed and all that.

Secondly, this is the most entertaining post I've read on AH for a LOOONG time and we need a lot more of it. I think you should post here more often WWM. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Myth wrote: »
    Yes. Now drop your pants for the medical.

awwwww yeeaaaa

Bom chica wah wah....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Kungrajoolayshuns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Congrats Dudess: Smite them O mighty smiter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

i must say, having watched this thread with intrigue i am disappointed. I originally thought that the people posting on after hours were mature ,well adjusted adults. To find that the whole thing is a piss take is really not appealing, how regular posters can be cajouled, ridiculed, made fun of, and for the whole thing to be kept up for days is sad. I never knew there were so many people queueing up to do it, considering that theres no financial reward entailled, it just goes to show ya how many power hungry people there are on here. A disgraceful exercise .......

Be off with you to PI !

Actually could a system be implemented where well adjusted adults like this are confined to PI and politics and not allowed anywhere else on boards ??

And might I take this opputtunity to say that I whole-handedly welcome on our new overlady !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

*gulp*... you guys!... *sniff* *sob* :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Dudess wrote: »

Congrats Dudess!

Silverfish wrote: »
    Afaik, moderators don't have the ability to pre-empt what a poster is going to do, nor do we have time to 'set them straight' before they do what they are going to do.

They don't yet....but if the Microwave and Time Machine forum gets approved, it won't be long before we have time travelling mods banning posters before they've even registered !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Be off with you to PI !

Actually could a system be implemented where overly serious adults like this are confined to PI and politics and not allowed anywhere else on boards ?
    PI has enough of them, tbh. Politics and soccer ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Tranny! *MAY THE BAN HAMMER FALL!*

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Deep breath and...
    cf. earlier post.
    Do I have to give you head now?

Karoma wrote: »
    He didn't manage to get one. I pestered. I checked. He didn't. He's going soft...
    Lack of boobies will do that.

i must say, having watched this thread with intrigue i am disappointed. I originally thought that the people posting on after hours were mature ,well adjusted adults. To find that the whole thing is a piss take is really not appealing, how regular posters can be cajouled, ridiculed, made fun of, and for the whole thing to be kept up for days is sad. I never knew there were so many people queueing up to do it, considering that theres no financial reward entailled, it just goes to show ya how many power hungry people there are on here. A disgraceful exercise .......
    Huh?

perhaps , I did not phrase that correctly!! Of course , the forum is not too serious, its the way this moderator thread has gone on that I find strange, I really didnt realise that hundreds of posters were wanting to get their sweaty little paws on the title. Sad, plus the fact that powers that be showed themselves up to be nothing more than piss takers.
    Come again?

believe it or not ive read the whole thing from start to finish!!I like the jibe about local government, youve obviously taken the time to look me up! YOUD BE SUPRISED HOW MANY BRAIN CELLS A FEMALE HAS.
    You'd be surprised by how many brain cells a woman has..
    I WOULDNT MODERATE YOUR FORUM IF YOU BEGGED, I have no issue with the chosen boardsie, I wish her well. You can stick your forum where the sun dont shine, you insulting fcuk.If the only reply mechanism you have is to bully people into shutting up , then you are indeed a b****x. Feel free to ban me.
    Banned.

Why would I ban you? You're entitled to an opinion. You do disappoint me, however. I originally thought you were a mature, well-adjusted adult.
    For abusive posting.

bully people?

where is the bullying?

again, i ask for the proof. you seem to be missing that in most of your 'points'

and last i looked, we didnt beg anyone to mod. we asked people to apply.

seriously, if thatst the best you can come up with, im loath to actually ban you. i think youre hilarious. we really need some more outbursts. maybe i should let 6th back in!

to hell with it!

Karoma, im going for a smoke, klet 6th and Feelgood back in, let em know, and dont ban witchywoman. SHe shall be used as a lesson to other posters that taking the interweb too seriously can cause stress.

really. Im still appalled at your behaviour. you do nothing for woman kind with that sort of child like tantrum. If I was a chick id be disgusted at you right now (and then Id go and feel my own breasts for the rest of the day)
    Damn it. No ban then.

Mordeth wrote: »
    if I was a chick I'd be touching my breasts all day too.

actually I'm male and I still touch my breasts whenever I get the chance.
    Two hands. One for the boobies and one for the cock.

Bugger... walked into that one didn't I?
    Backed into it.

you cant ban me.

muahahahahahahahaha.

but youre aright about the missus. be afraid, be very afraid.

and we will have no more discussions about Dudess's breasts please.

my powers, they wane.....
    I'm not afraid of her. She's on the other side of the world.

Now that I have the power to rewrite history and distort reality, I'm actually a bloke.

So when you're a moderator do you dream about Boards due to over-exposure to it? And do flashes of it appear in your mind when you're offline? And do you start treating everything in life (e.g. conversations, text messages etc) as Boards conversations?
    I do sometims dream about boards.
    When it starts, then you know it's time to get away from the keyboard for a while.

Thank you, for having the manners to shed some light on it. I dont have a problem with the chosen one, as some posters seem to think. Nor do I have any desire to moderate this or any forum. Having read the whole original thread from start to finish I was suprised at some of the posts from the moderators.I am as humourous as any other boardsie and I dont have any affiliation with other posters including 6th , but I do think that he was unfairly dealt with, why on earth he wasnt put straight before he exploded and made a show of himself? Surely common decency should have prevailed.
    He broke the rules. Simple as that.

Silverfish wrote: »
    Afaik, moderators don't have the ability to pre-empt what a poster is going to do, nor do we have time to 'set them straight' before they do what they are going to do.
    I do.

yeah you're allowed a 10 minute break when the database backup occurs but you still have to be on stand by just in case it explodes or something and they need volunteers to put out the blaze.
    No ten minute break. You have to keep pressing F5 until boards comes back online.

Funnily enough I had a boards-related ream once. Was quite arousing.. ehm ..
    The hookers are only for the mods.

Binomate wrote: »
    It's me. I'm da mod in da op.

Who let you back in?

Congrats, Dudess.
    Best of luck.

Jesus, that was one heckuva a long breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Jesus, that was one heckuva a long breath!

No, just lots of short ones.

No, just lots of short ones.

[insert blowjob innuendo connecting to short breaths]

Man, I'm too lazy to come up with anything.

Terry wrote: »
    Deep breath and...

Do I have to give you head now?

Lack of boobies will do that.

Come again?

Two hands. One for the boobies and one for the cock.

Anyone else spot this subliminal message in Terrys mega-multi-quote post ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Good luck Dudess!

Now I must enquier, what made the mod's choose Dudess over anyone else?
    Good grammer?
    Never banned/warned or anything?
    Funny?

What?
    Tell me! I crave t3h kn0w|3ge!

Good luck Dudess!

Good grammer?
    Funny?

What?
    Tell me! I crave t3h kn0w|3ge!

11th Commandment....Thou shalt not question the decisions of the mods (except in feedback) !

I heard there was sexual favours involved in the decision though

I heard there was sexual favours involved in the decision though
    I heard there weren't. That's what worries me ... all the old traditions are being discarded! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I heard there weren't. That's what worries me ... all the old traditions are being discarded! :(

Randy meet Terry, Terry meet Randy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Oh, new movie: "When Randy Met Terry".

I won't have whatever they're having. It's a sin against God and against nature.

Sleepless in After Hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Sleepless in After Hours?

Are you saying the mods in AH have aids?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

pid() wrote: »

LOL, think ya may possibly have mixed up two films there pid()
    Although they both have Tom Hanks in them!

Indeed, that was a monumental leap you made there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Quick. Close the pool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

Damnit, I've been waiting to use that line for months now. >_>

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Randy meet Terry, Terry meet Randy.
    Oh, new movie: "When Randy Met Terry".

I won't have whatever they're having. It's a sin against God and against nature.
    Pfft! "When Randy met Tara" more like ... and no bloody fake orgasms either!
    Damnit, I've been waiting to use that line for months now. >_>
    That's what you've been waiting for all this time?! O_o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Good grammer?
    Thanks GC :)
    Oh I've been warned all right. Warned many a time.

Advertisement