Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome New Mod of AH, Dudess

Options

Comments

rb_ie wrote: »
    If you've an issue, off to Feedback you go.

And bring a LOLcat while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Sad, plus the fact that powers that be showed themselves up to be nothing more than piss takers.
    They're moderating a forum as volunteers. They're not being paid, they're doing this for fun, with a chunk of responsibility thrown in because they have been decided from Buddha (or Cloud, DeVore, whatever you want to call him). Why exactly are they not entitled to take the piss every once in a while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Do you actually read anything, or do you just jump in, two feet straight in gob, with little or no logic or brain functions engaged?

surely the obvious answer to that is apparent by the fact that shes a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I for one welcome our new mammy/mod and would like to endear myself to her by deploring the allegations currently flying around that this promotion was in any way earned through "womanly charms". Shame on yiz :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭witchywoman

?

sorry?

A piss take?

Where did you get that from?

Dudess has been a mode a moderator fo the forum from the other post.

Do you actually read anything, or do you just jump in, two feet straight in gob, with little or no logic or brain functions engaged?

Whether or not there are power hungry power people out here has nothing to do with boards.ie. perhaps you should take it up with local government, they may be able to serve you better.

and im not sure of any cajoling or ridiculing of users by moderators. maybe amongst themselves, but i tell people what to type or what to think.

although, i may tell people they are stupid every now and then. consider this one of those times.
    believe it or not ive read the whole thing from start to finish!!I like the jibe about local government, youve obviously taken the time to look me up! YOUD BE SUPRISED HOW MANY BRAIN CELLS A FEMALE HAS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Why exactly are they not entitled to take the piss every once in a while?

They can take the p1ss the whole time if they like (and Karoma does), as long as they run the forum well then that's all that matters at the end of the day.

YOUD BE SUPRISED HOW MANY BRAIN CELLS A FEMALE HAS.

I heard it's somewhere in the region of 5-15. Could you confirm this?Kthnx.

rb_ie wrote:
    They can take the p1ss the whole time if they like (and Karoma does), as long as they run the forum well then that's all that matters at the end of the day.
    Qft

A lot less than people think?

Damnit rb_ie!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I heard it's somewhere in the region of -515. Could you confirm this?Kthnx.

let me correct that for you...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Karoma wrote: »
    He didn't manage to get one. I pestered. I checked. He didn't. He's going soft...

well the lack of tit pictures will do that, maybe you can help him get hard again with all your 'checking'?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I like the jibe about local government, youve obviously taken the time to look me up! .

Dont kid yourself. I have no idea who you are, nor do I care.

Who said anything about women?

Its amazing how easily some people can turn something that was said, into something that wasnt said. Heres a classic case.

If you have any further issues with this forum, the way its moderated, or the way that we choose a new moderator, please feel free to take it to the Feedback forum of this site.

BUt do feel free to acnswer any of the relevant questions asked about this whole thing being a piss take, or the cajoling etc of users. And if you can stick up some links anad examples as well, while you are at it, that would be much appreciated.

Otherwise, Im just going to assume you are having a 6th like fit becuase you werent chosen.

Oh, and with regards the woman remark you made above, I think it says more about your own mindset than mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

YaY congrats, Dudess. So. Who ya gonna ban first ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

perhaps , I did not phrase that correctly!! Of course , the forum is not too serious, its the way this moderator thread has gone on that I find strange, I really didnt realise that hundreds of posters were wanting to get their sweaty little paws on the title. Sad, plus the fact that powers that be showed themselves up to be nothing more than piss takers.
    It's sad that people took something seriously... that you're taking even more seriously... sorry... I haven't the foggiest what your problem is. Can you try again?

believe it or not ive read the whole thing from start to finish!!I like the jibe about local government, youve obviously taken the time to look me up! YOUD BE SUPRISED HOW MANY BRAIN CELLS A FEMALE HAS.

Is it true that a female child's got more "brain cells" than an adult's got?
    \o\
    /o/

Is too late to make witchywoman moderator? She's a she...but she also seems incapable of having fun. That's what AH needs! LESS FUN!

I confess: I was responsible for some cajoling, some tomfoolery, some ninnynannying but not ridiculing. I refute charges of ridiculing.

Ban WWM. G'wan. It'll be high-larious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Otherwise, Im just going to assume you are having a 6th like fit becuase you werent chosen.

Or else 6th is after possessing another boardsie so he can post in AH again.. :D

Dudess: Please note, I'm on my last strike around here so always give two thoughts before taking any actions against me, thanks :D

jonny24ie wrote: »
    1 thread to request people that want the job that a lot of posters on here would hate
    Some people enjoy those types of jobs, Traffic wardens spring to mind, not a lot of difference tbh ;)
    "you can't park that thread there" & "move it or I'll clamp (lock) it" :D

Congrats Dudess

Is too late to make witchywoman moderator? She's a she...but she also seems incapable of having fun. That's what AH needs! LESS FUN!

I say we hold off until she comes out with the classic children-could-be reading-this-forum line.

Some people enjoy those types of jobs, Traffic wardens spring to mind, not a lot of difference tbh ;)
    "you can't park that thread there" & "move it or I'll clamp (lock) it" :D
    My dream job involves sterilising lots of people.

Bambi wrote: »
    I say we hold off until she comes out with the classic children-could-be reading-this-forum line.
    She's worse than Hitler. So are you. So is dolanbaker. So am I.

• Advertisement

Dudess: Please note, I'm on my last strike around here so always give two thoughts before taking any actions against me, thanks :D

Surely when an AH mod hangs up their badge they dont pass the records of that class of thing onto the new one? :(

*sweats*

Worthy of its own post:
    I originally thought that the people posting on after hours were mature ,well adjusted adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭witchywoman

I WOULDNT MODERATE YOUR FORUM IF YOU BEGGED, I have no issue with the chosen boardsie, I wish her well. You can stick your forum where the sun dont shine, you insulting fcuk.If the only reply mechanism you have is to bully people into shutting up , then you are indeed a b****x. Feel free to ban me.

My dream job involves sterilising lots of people.

She's worse than Hitler. So are you. So is dolanbaker. So am I.

I must have been upgraded, i was only worse than Stalin the last time i checked.

Why would I ban you? You're entitled to an opinion. You do disappoint me, however. I originally thought you were a mature, well-adjusted adult.

I WOULDNT MODERATE YOUR FORUM IF YOU BEGGED,

even if we begged in traffic? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I WOULDNT MODERATE YOUR FORUM IF YOU BEGGED,.

WE WOULDN'T WANT YOU TO MODERATE SAID FORUM EITHER. WHY ARE WE TALKING IN CAPS?

I WOULDNT MODERATE YOUR FORUM IF YOU BEGGED, I have no issue with the chosen boardsie, I wish her well. You can stick your forum where the sun dont shine, you insulting fcuk.If the only reply mechanism you have is to bully people into shutting up , then you are indeed a b****x. Feel free to ban me.
    Am I the only one that still doesn't really get what her point is?

Who on earth is bullying you??

I think you need a chill pill and a deep breath!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭cson

Is it true that a female child's got more "brain cells" than an adult's got?

Well they do have more bones than a grown-ups got. (And thats a natural law....dun dun.. dem bones dem bones need calcium etc etc)

Advertisement