Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Zune

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thinking of buying an 80gb iPod classic or 80gb Zune, thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Thinking of buying an 80gb iPod classic or 80gb Zune, thoughts?

Yeah, get a 32gb Ipod Touch, you want be dissapointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

cheesedude wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get my new Zune 80 repaired? The screen does nto work properly...it just lights up but does not display the menus...it can play music but i can't see which songs i am selecting...i.e. not much use!

Sure it's feckered? Try reflashing the firmware again and see if that helps. Just a thought.

Cheers

TinCool wrote: »
    Yeah, get a 32gb Ipod Touch, you want be dissapointed.
    Costs too much, dont want to spend a cent over 200 squid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I'd buy a Zune 80 over an 80GB iPod because it supports more formats and it has a bigger screen and has WiFi for wireless syncing. You could wait till Sptember/October when Apple will probably announce a new iPod.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GoGoGadgetGar

just go my 8GB zune from that ebay seller senap

ordered monday - arrive thursday no bother

I was abit freaked out when it wouldn't turn on but a bit of a charge and it was sorted.

Still waiting for my 80gb, over 2 weeks now, but it is coming from America

I'm growing more and more fond of my Zune. The software is actually very good, easy to use with lots of features. The player is just excellent. There's a few little tweaks that can be applied such as getting the ability for your song plays to show up in your zune.net profile - like in my sig! :D I added the tweak just recently. And if you fancy a little gaming on your player then you can grab a handful of little games that can be installed.

It can only get better.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

hshortt wrote: »
    I'm growing more and more fond of my Zune. The software is actually very good, easy to use with lots of features. The player is just excellent. There's a few little tweaks that can be applied such as getting the ability for your song plays to show up in your zune.net profile - like in my sig! :D I added the tweak just recently. And if you fancy a little gaming on your player then you can grab a handful of little games that can be installed.

It can only get better.

Cheers

Whats the tweak to get in your song plays to show up in your zune.net profile. I tried for ages to get it to work but it seems you had to be in the U.S. for it to work properly?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mangangreg

Please check out my zune thread and leave a comment if you have a zune Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Is there any new way discovered that allolws the Zune to work as a hard drive? I hate synching songs up and then having them all split into different folders just because all the tags are not set up properly...why can't I just put one folder from my desktop, directly onto the zune without having to synch it all up via the zune software!?!?!?

It will take me WEEKS to fix all the tags on my mp3's

Get a hold of the software media monkey (http://www.mediamonkey.com/), with a little config it will re-tag all your tracks.

There-after you should be able to keep your tracks organised.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Get a hold of the software media monkey (http://www.mediamonkey.com/), with a little config it will re-tag all your tracks.

There-after you should be able to keep your tracks organised.

Cheers

I second Media Monkey. You can tag whole folders. You can tag files based where they are located and how they are named.

C:\Music\Blues\Clapton\Best Of Clapton\1 - Hullo.mp3

Once you have the album tag filled in, it can look it up on the web to get the track names and album art.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

is there anywhere in ieland sells these?.....i need a test go on one before buying it!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

slickmcvic wrote: »
    is there anywhere in ieland sells these?.....i need a test go on one before buying it!!

Nope, it has not been released out side of north America yet. Maybe you live near someone here who owns one though...

found a few decent reviews youtube...think'll order 1!!

If you are near Bray you are welcome to a demo from mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭zap27

Was looking at buying one of these on ebay myself but there was a note on the sellers site that you need windows vista premium in order to work the Zune second generation.

Anyone hear about this? I only have vista home basic myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

zap27 wrote: »
    Was looking at buying one of these on ebay myself but there was a note on the sellers site that you need windows vista premium in order to work the Zune second generation.

Anyone hear about this? I only have vista home basic myself

That doesnt sound right, I've used mine on two laptops one with Windows XP SP3 and the other with Vista Premium.

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work with Vista basic.

Have a read here for full list of OS support for the Zune software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭zap27

Thanks thats helpful-yeah it doesnt make much sense but thought i'd throw it out there. let the ordering commence!

Just a word of warning for anyone buying a Zune from ebay

Look at this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055350365

Avoid any seller with the email address jalenhutt31@yahoo.com

Looks like he has just done a runner so he may try to start up again under a different ebay username

Can anyone recommend an ebay seller, have to reorder a Zune?

.....I've ordered mine from this guy yesterday
    http://myworld.ebay.com/bindis_world/
    he's solda fair few of them and has great feedback!!
    If you are near Bray you are welcome to a demo from mine.

i'm not too far from Bray...I'll pm ya me no. thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

fyi, it doesnt come with screen protectors. Can get them on ebay for like 2e or summet.

Just wondering if anyone who ordered from the US on ebay was charged for customs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Just wondering if anyone who ordered from the US on ebay was charged for customs?
    No probs with customs when I bought mine.

zune landed today a week after ordering from the us.
    the packaging was very wet
    (probly after being manhandled by the customs!) but the device was top notch.
    no customs charges as the "gift" box was ticked.

Got round the us software clause by goin straight to microsoft and dowloading the 2.5 software.

Took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to sync my music and now its 40 gig full.

still trying to figure out how to transfer my wmv files and find the drag and drop feature talked about here.

...so far so good anyways

zune landed today a week after ordering from the us.
    the packaging was very wet
    (probly after being manhandled by the customs!) but the device was top notch.
    no customs charges as the "gift" box was ticked.

Got round the us software clause by goin straight to microsoft and dowloading the 2.5 software.

Took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to sync my music and now its 40 gig full.

still trying to figure out how to transfer my wmv files and find the drag and drop feature talked about here.

...so far so good anyways
    Who did you order it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

CantGetNoSleep:
    From post #145 (about 5 posts up the page from your post)...
    .....I've ordered mine from this guy yesterday
    http://myworld.ebay.com/bindis_world/
    he's solda fair few of them and has great feedback!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement