Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Zune

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Nothing really confirmed for a european release date , just a few statements that it will, a few places such cnet say they would put money on a european christmas release. only prob is.
    No hd radio as its different to DAB and how would the marketplace function

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Current gen zunes to be discontinued - HD the way forward.

I found the second gen zune to be quite awesome and with them being discontinued, and you cant splash for the HD, bound to be some bargins to be had

http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2009/09/01/current-zunes-are-discontinued-zune-hd-is-it-going-forward.aspx

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

kaimera wrote: »
    Current gen zunes to be discontinued - HD the way forward.

A totally logical move, although it is unfortunate. I see apple doing the same thing (maybe not this year now though)

Still am quite interested in the Zune, just need MS to port the zune software over to mac!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Mactard wrote: »
    A totally logical move, although it is unfortunate. I see apple doing the same thing (maybe not this year now though)

Still am quite interested in the Zune, just need MS to port the zune software over to mac!

they really should make them mac compatible it might win them back a few supporters .

I just hate people who just buy ipods cause they seem like the best or coolest .............. id rather buy the best quality product available whoever makes it.

and oddly enough, the new zune sw will be launching Sept 15th as well.

funny that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

Was thinking of getting a Zune HD but I see that today Apple released new Touchs and lowered the prices, 32GB Touch is now $299 and also has a 50% faster processor than the previous model, so I’m undecided now.

Just a couple of questions that maybe someone could answer.

The HD radio: will it pick up ordinary FM signals or is it a completely different technology ?
    The Touch doesn’t have a radio but if the Zune’s radio doesn’t work here then that’s one advantage wiped out.

The processor: probably to early to get a definitive answer on this, but Apple today said they’ve increased the power of their one by 50%, how does this compare to the Zune HD?

My sister is going to the States in 4 weeks so hopefully there should be some hands on reviews of both by then.

on the processor front;

the zune hd is one of the first nVidia Tegra powered handsets; from snippets I've read it has the potential to be very very good in the mobile/pmp area and is quite good on the HD.

on the radio;

I assume it does normal radio but we don't have hd stations here. (open to correction here, tis late for me atm :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Yes we have a form of HD radio [DAB], but it will not work with the HD Zune, without a firmware upgrade [maybe].

A US Zune might not work with European FM/AM radio stations without a firmware upgrade of some sort as the channel spacing and channel width are different from the US.

url

the HD is a US exclusive and MS have no plans to sell it outside the US...for now possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

****ing tools...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Actually quite annoyed that MS haven't announced anything yet. The device looks amazing and is a beast of a machine. I'd imagine it would take some market share from Apple over here. Does it suggest a lack of confidence by MS?

I'd seriously consider buying one, the only thing that would hold me back is the fortune I've spent on apps on the touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Does anyone know if dell.com ships to Ireland. They're selling the Zune HD 32GB for under $250 (170 euro)?

edit Just tried Paypal and it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

I don't think so.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Does anyone know if dell.com ships to Ireland. They're selling the Zune HD 32GB for under $250 (170 euro)?

edit Just tried Paypal and it doesn't work.

Nope, they don't, but a friend of mine on DAPreview.net might send it over for ya, he's sent me over a good few things over the years and i trust him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement