Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Zune

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Believe it or not, what's stopping me from buying one this second is that Zune 3.0 breaks Zenses, which I was planning on using for Last.fm! Has anyone else been relying on such an addon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Some more info on the 3rd gen model now on CNET, review here

Interesting and disappointing they no longer include the premium IEMs.
    No major changes from the Zune 80 and nothing prompting me to upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JessMyz

Just dowloaded the 3.0 software update and looks pretty goo so far. It will be interesting to see how many of the new features I put to use.

Already tagged a couple songs off the radio this morning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭zap27

Hi all

can anyone recommend a good converter for putting vids on the zune 80gb ? ive tried a few trial versions before considering buying and although they did convert to WMV the quality was terrible in all-totally unwatchable.

Anyone able to conrt to high quality wmv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

zap27 wrote: »
    Hi all

can anyone recommend a good converter for putting vids on the zune 80gb ? ive tried a few trial versions before considering buying and although they did convert to WMV the quality was terrible in all-totally unwatchable.

Cucusoft do a piece of software that works great.

Not free, but defo worth getting.

iirc there's a link in this thread somewhere to it.

• Advertisement

Must say I'm enjoying the new features and have finally managed to get the video podcasting to work via the marketplace.

kaimera wrote: »
    Cucusoft do a piece of software that works great.

Not free, but defo worth getting.

iirc there's a link in this thread somewhere to it.

yep since i posted this morning i came across cucusoft and am just in process of trying the trial version-its looking good so far but its taking an absolute age to sync it onto the zune itself 10% done after a half hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

zap27 wrote: »
    yep since i posted this morning i came across cucusoft and am just in process of trying the trial version-its looking good so far but its taking an absolute age to sync it onto the zune itself 10% done after a half hour!
    I've not used it in a while myself but try one of the different zune player format options it gives you perhaps?

Maybe even mp4?

thanks yeah ill try changing the formats because its not syncing at all really-its stuck on 10% now for last 20 mins and doesnt look like going anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Since updating to 3.0 the time on my music in the 'now playing' screen stays at 0.00 even though the music plays fine. Had a look around and it seems a few people are ahving the same problem since updating the firmware. hope there's a fix soon.

• Advertisement

went ahead and bought the cucusoft converer. Its priced at $39.95 but that quickly turns into €36.83 when you add on "sales tax" of 15%. Bah:mad:

could have said no at that point but didnt and im sure ill be happy once i have vids on it but just a heads up to others thinking of buying...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I'm on marketplace.

Use zInternational

I then signed up with my Irish Credit Card and a false US Address. I presume it accepted the address as I'm already on XBox Live and my card details have been previously validated.

Hmmm am in a pickle here.

I downloaded the reg fix and am able to access the marketplace now but when I try to log in, I am told that it is not available in my region.

I have updated my address on my passport/live/hotmail settings to the United States. Incidently, my credit card is authorised on xbox live already and the xbox live account is associated with my live id.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hmmm am in a pickle here.

I downloaded the reg fix and am able to access the marketplace now but when I try to log in, I am told that it is not available in my region.

I have updated my address on my passport/live/hotmail settings to the United States. Incidently, my credit card is authorised on xbox live already and the xbox live account is associated with my live id.
    Yep - I had that too with my hotmail adress, so I signed up to Windows Live using my gMail address (as a new member) and during sign-up I said I was in the US.

Try that and see how it goes for you.

Hi all

See here

Yep - I had that too with my hotmail adress, so I signed up to Windows Live using my gMail address (as a new member) and during sign-up I said I was in the US.

Try that and see how it goes for you.

Appreciate the reply, will give it a go!

Edit: Seems to have worked. Cheers :)

Edit: Seems to have worked. Cheers
    Cool !
    So are you totally signed up to marketplace now ?
    PS. What's your Zune User ID, I'll add you to my Zune :)
    Mine's "Westmeath"
    Actually - might be worth having a sticky for Zune IDs maybe ??

Mine is mobikaks..

I have signed up to the marketplace but not subscribed. My credit card is already associated with my xbox live account under a different windows live id, I am guessing that I can't use that to subscribe to the marketplace. I am assume that my only choice is to my live points from the states?

I've already my CC registered against my Hotmail for XBox Live also, and I used it my GMail and for Zune (with a fake US Address) without a problem.
    Give it a whirl !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

My tag is keaneal
    It'll be interesting to see what the social thing is like. The recently played and top artist feature isn't great because it doesn't seem to go back very far, seems to refresh after a week?
    Anyone know what the badges are about and how do you earn them?

Have been trying to sign up with my credit card and keep getting the below error:

Your credit card information is not valid. Please verify and try again.

Might just buy some points on ebay.

Edit: Added both you guys :)

• Advertisement

Make sure you get them from eBay US as they have to by US points

Make sure you get them from eBay US as they have to by US points

Yup!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Got my 120gb Zune in the post today and I'm very impressed. Easy to use and feature-laden.

One thing that's annoying me is that whenever I'm syncing my music collection, I'm getting "Zune is not responding" errors meaning I have to reset the device and start syncing albums one by one. What's worrying though is that whenever I get the error, the music that was syncing doesn't appear on the player, but the space is occupied!

Anyone have any similar issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

arethay any good?

xbox36016 wrote: »
    arethay any good?

thayare ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

no ipods are

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

I have one of the 1st gen Zunes, the Zune 30 but I lost the connection cable whilst one holiday? I can't buy from eBay cause I don't have a credit card - anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I have one of the 1st gen Zunes, the Zune 30 but I lost the connection cable whilst one holiday? I can't buy from eBay cause I don't have a credit card - anyone any ideas?

Try getting one of those 3V vouchers that take the place of credit cards for online transactions.

http://www.3v.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Lads, have read through the thread, some very useful stuff here, was a very good read. I have an ipod currently and it basically sickens me, have it since the first Zune came out because i couldnt get it here but now i am intent on getting the 3rd Generation 120GB Zune. Has anyone dealt with these guys and have any comments?

http://www.zunethings.co.uk/zune-black-p-119.html

Its working out at €253 including delivery, it can probably be got cheaper from the states but i'm not sure if i will take the chance with customs.

My only problem is i have a load of music i bought off iTunes which is DRM protected, can this be used with Zune at all, feck them anyway, i paid for the music, i should be allowed use it on my other hardware!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

bought the second gen 80gig from states off ebay last week, friend in work had one so i picked one up to.

have had 3 ipods, last 2 were 80 gig classics. decent enough but the zune blows them out of the water with the sheer size of its screen.

took me ages to find a good converter to start converting my 50 gig of tv shows like the office, family guy, trailer park boys etc but once i found the right one i was suckin diesel!

great mp3 player ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement