Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying voice on radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chewie283

98fm sports guy in the morning, Johnny Lyons, I think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Dave Fanning,Eamonn ''Dutch Gold'' Dunphy,Deirdre O'Kane who makes my ears cry and last but not least Jim-Jim ''I have frequent constipation'' Nugent.

Well somebody has to stand up for Moooooooooiiiiiiichael Mcccmullllen:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Dudess wrote: »
    Since people are including regional radio personalities, anyone listen to Cork's 96FM news at 5.45 on weekdays? (I swear I don't listen to it for anything else! Worst. Station. Ever.)The male anchor has the most disinterested, jaded, bored sounding voice I've ever heard. It really communicates "I don't give a fukk what I'm doing". And it's really low and soft as opposed to authoritative, which is what a newsreader's voice should be. And he mumbles, mutters, trails off. It's appalling.
    There are two female anchors on rotation. One is fine - I've heard people slag her for being "too posh". She's fuppin' English for god's sake! But the other one... Oh good Christ! The most snooty, contrived, stuck-up accent - she is the Emma McNamara of Cork! And she puts on a kind of sneering tone that makes her sound so up herself. Why do people bother putting on accents? Are they that insecure?

Oh just thought of the worst: Noel Fogarty on INN, which is the generic news feed that local stations use at night (so you hear it on a number of stations simultaneously). Oh Jesus H Christ. The posh accent, the laughable way he pronounces his name (a name that, in fairness, doesn't exactly lend itself to poshness), the way he injects melodrama into his reading, the pauses, the stop-starts - my ears bleed when he's on...

I'd bone Emma,don't care what she looks like.Never saw her.have the image of a short haired hockey girl.
    That accent makes me hard.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Anyone on Spin 103.8 all D4 Heads :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'd bone Emma,don't care what she looks like.Never saw her.have the image of a short haired hockey girl.

She's behind this link.

Dare you click it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

I hate all the people who do voice overs for ads who put on really bad american accents. Too many to mention really, clearwire braad-band adds are especially painful.

Don't know if they have radio adds but the bag of shit who does the voice over on the TV add for yourlocal makes me want to kick the TV every time it comes on. Possibly the worst put on voice I've ever heard.

Btw if ad men want american accents why don't they just hire americans?

*hopes to god the people he just slagged aren't actually from america :D*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

them two plonkers on 2fm in the morning colm & jim-jim wreck my head!:mad:

on the other hand joe duffy is king, joe tells it like it is!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Dudess wrote: »
    The American fella who does Cork Talks Back has been gone from that show for five years! Unless you're talking about the current guy who has a Cork accent with an American twang? (Maybe he lived in the States for while, then again maybe he just puts on a hint of an American accent - not uncommon)..

yes that man god he makes my ears bleed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

doubt she'd be interested in someone like you.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

ray houghton's voice is the worst

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

Rick O' Shea, what a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Oh yes, you're right! He's worse - sorry ray

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Has to be the plank Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

WindSock wrote: »
    I don't often listen to today fm, but there's some guy on in the morning with ray d'arcy with a high pitched voice trying to be funny. I'd love to kick him in the ghoulies.

I know the one you mean, would love to stab him in the face with a hammer (it is possible lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

that bird who does the voice over on the bulmers light ads.
    i. want. her. to. die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭EJLL

Rick O'Shea. His voice sounds like diarrhoea splattering on the bottom of a toilet bowl. If you say “putha, putha, putha, putha, putha, putha, putha” really fast you get a sound similar to Rick O’Shea talking on the radio. Wrecks my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭2-ShortDa5foot5

That pretentious w*nker who does the last word on Today FM. Matt Cooper I think it is? Kinda has a sarcastic smarta*s tone, I HATE him. :mad:

Lux23 wrote: »
    I hate your man who was in Bacherlor's Walk voice, he does every second advert and he drives me up the wall. Where exactly does an accent like that come from??

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOD....

Just saw this post. I HATE him. And he has an "I think I'm really funny" tone??

Die!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Rick O'Shea, christ!

WhY. DoeS. He. TalK. LikE. ThiS?!

Accentuates the last letter of each word and stops in between words. Very William Shatnery.

Has a tendancy to mumble through emails and texts as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I hate your man who was in Bacherlor's Walk voice, he does every second advert and he drives me up the wall. Where exactly does an accent like that come from??

Don Wycherley? The bastard is a queue jumper too. I was in Dunnes in the city centre queuing behind about 7 people and he just saunters in up near the tills and takes his place ahead of everyone else. He was buying a large French Stick. You could tell that people were fantasising about inserting said stick up his bum-bum. He even dresses like a knob, with his old Paddy-Irish man hat and dirty cords.

Ha ha look at this

http://www.donwycherley.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

dancor wrote: »
    Harvey Norman :mad:

+1

Also the Oul Mr Brennan ads bug the sh1t out of me.

Anybody in Cork HATE Red FM?

IN particular, those two PR1CKS on in the morning, KC & Lenny! :mad:

They have about as much chemistry as Pat Kenny does with his guests, and they are NOT funny!

Speaking of Rick O' Shea, KC sounds like he's doing his best to sound like him, da bulbous eyed d1ck! :p

Also, speaking of radio ads, does anyone HATE the seemingly quick, breezy and to the point ads for banks, which are over in 30 seconds, only to be followed by another 30 seconds of "Allied Irish Banks is regulated by the financial regulator... etc etc... lending criteria... terms & conditions" muddling up your brain?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Anybody in Cork HATE Red FM?

IN particular, those two PR1CKS on in the morning, KC & Lenny! :mad:

They have about as much chemistry as Pat Kenny does with his guests, and they are NOT funny!

Speaking of Rick O' Shea, KC sounds like he's doing his best to be like him, da bulbous eyed d1ck! :p

Pot and kettle and all that jazz

togster wrote: »

Scuse me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I think he was trying to say you're a bit annoying, for much of the reasons you've outlined above.

togster wrote: »
    tbh wrote: »
    I think he was trying to say you're a bit annoying, for much of the reasons you've outlined above.

You're a nice bunch! Was just trying to contribute to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

ShortDa5foot5: Tone it down.
    The rest of you: tone it down & back off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Mister Fister

Anybody notice that Moooooooooiiiiiiichael Mcccmullllen has been replaced (well sometimes anyhow) with some mincer who actually copies the way Moooooooooiiiiiiichael Mcccmullllen says his name? I cant remember the girls name but Jaysus hes twice as bad as Moooooooooiiiiiiichael Mcccmullllen but also screams that he takes it up the chuff!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Anybody notice that Moooooooooiiiiiiichael Mcccmullllen has been replaced (well sometimes anyhow) with some mincer who actually copies the way Moooooooooiiiiiiichael Mcccmullllen says his name? I cant remember the girls name but Jaysus hes twice as bad as Moooooooooiiiiiiichael Mcccmullllen but also screams that he takes it up the chuff!!!!

Whah ? ! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

el diablo wrote: »
    doubt she'd be interested in someone like you.

'Scuse me!! Do I know you?

Advertisement