Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying voice on radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭36Degrees

Annemarie Kelly all the way! Her voice makes me want to jump under a car just so I dont have to listen to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Jessers

How has that ad for 'right price tiles' not been mentioned. That guy saying 'munkehhh' (monkey) all the time. So fuuuuuuucking annoying.

And that ad for Fitzpatrick furniture - 'we'l have the kettle on and some lollipops for the kids'. Sweet sufferin jaysis. It makes me want to scream.

Also I know this isnt voices now but that ad for proactive face wash does my head in. Who smiles like a prize ****ing gimp when washing their face!!! aaaaaggghh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

what about that country fella that does the new Fig Rolls ad? "Jacobs Fig Rolls, very lovely with a cup of tea" or something.... that's one of the worst voices on radio.:mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 seamusob

Annemarie Kelly - every awkward attempt at humor, every cringetastic time she plays Bon Jovi, every time I'm up too early and I turn on the radio to her nasal impersonation of a person with a personality, every time I hear this woman speak - I want to kill her.
    D'arcy and Kelly
    Anyone on 2fm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I like AMK.. She does have some dodgy taste in music at times. Round Xmas she did a great 'Best of....' show with Allison Curtis and after that she went up in my estimation..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

seamusob wrote: »
    Annemarie Kelly - every awkward attempt at humor, every cringetastic time she plays Bon Jovi, every time I'm up too early and I turn on the radio to her nasal impersonation of a person with a personality, every time I hear this woman speak - I want to kill her.
    D'arcy and Kelly
    Anyone on 2fm

there's your problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Wow this thread is historical looking back at the starting post. It tells us that in 2007 people still used primitive technology such as radios.

Imagine a world without telepathic entertainment! What a marvelous future present we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Barry O'Neill on 2fm Sports. His pronunciation of places like Watford, Wexford etc does my head in. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

jackie from spinsouthwest

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Barry O'Neill on 2fm Sports. His pronunciation of places like Watford, Wexford etc does my head in. :mad:

yeah, he bugs me too. where the hell is he from anyway? Cavan or Louth or where?

Moicheal McMullen and Paul Collins on Today FM and Tom and Pete on the Spin Breakfast show.. they're also pretty annoying..:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Tony fenton, michael mc mullen and gerry ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Karl Corcoran

I'm not a violent person but when I hear his voice I just want to KNOCK HIS F**KING TEETH OUT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

It's Don Wycherley - everyone else is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

I hate Ray Darcy :mad:

J.S. Pill wrote: »
    Karl Corcoran

I'm not a violent person but when I hear his voice I just want to KNOCK HIS F**KING TEETH OUT!!

who's he and what station?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Bond-007 wrote: »

Me too mate WexFORD / WaterFORD...just a weekender -hopefully won't get any spots during week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

okay.... I HATE ray foley and his voice and i also HATE his radio show. Once upon a time i could listen to it. If i turn on the radio and its on, these days it lasts about 3 to 4 seconds.
    I hate the theme tune "the ray foley, ray foley, ray foley show', aaagghh, I HATE it. I HATE their attempts of humour, with their alternative news at the end of the show. I HATE their 'Entertainment update'.
    And insult to injury, they won DJ of the year prize this year, what is that about... He is the most annoying man in the world (with the exceptions of all serial killers, rapists and the like).

I think this has turned more into a rant again the show rather than the voice.. hhmm:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

That Auzzi guy that puts on that Harvy Norman add. I have not stepped foot inside one of their shops since they started using it. :pac::pac:Go Harvy Go :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Certain voiceover artists really ask for a good hard punch: there's a guy who's doing a good few voiceovers at the moment. Hard to describe - his accent is kinda americanised and he sticks his jaw out and pronounces "s" as "sh". Opens the 3 Mobile "3 is a magic number" ad. He does the 2FM Sport jingle too ("AIB, supporting clubs, supporting communities" etc). Really, really hurts my ears.

And the guy who does the Blue Cube Loans ad - insanely posh Dublin accent. Not well spoken, FlutterinBantam - I've no problem with that. No, it's a horribly contrived extreme Dublin 4 yoke and he's got a kinda husky voice. It's utterly hideous. "Wunt a holiday? Troy Blee Kyeeb lewns!"
    Oh here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D3IPZMTXa0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Estella

Was going to say Ger Gilroy (Newstalk 106 ) But I don't think his smug high pitched voice has broken yet. So its Gerry Ryan for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

That american twat on spin at lunchtime, with the irishbird (no not boards IB, dont know which is more annoying actually:rolleyes:) Not sure if there still on air?

Since people are including regional radio personalities, anyone listen to Cork's 96FM news at 5.45 on weekdays? (I swear I don't listen to it for anything else! Worst. Station. Ever.)The male anchor has the most disinterested, jaded, bored sounding voice I've ever heard. It really communicates "I don't give a fukk what I'm doing". And it's really low and soft as opposed to authoritative, which is what a newsreader's voice should be. And he mumbles, mutters, trails off. It's appalling.
    There are two female anchors on rotation. One is fine - I've heard people slag her for being "too posh". She's fuppin' English for god's sake! But the other one... Oh good Christ! The most snooty, contrived, stuck-up accent - she is the Emma McNamara of Cork! And she puts on a kind of sneering tone that makes her sound so up herself. Why do people bother putting on accents? Are they that insecure?

Oh just thought of the worst: Noel Fogarty on INN, which is the generic news feed that local stations use at night (so you hear it on a number of stations simultaneously). Oh Jesus H Christ. The posh accent, the laughable way he pronounces his name (a name that, in fairness, doesn't exactly lend itself to poshness), the way he injects melodrama into his reading, the pauses, the stop-starts - my ears bleed when he's on...

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Not too fond of Gerry Ryan's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

that american fellow who does cork talks back on red fm and neil prendiville on corks 96 fm i hate both of them equally. the guy from bachelors walk when he says my home.ie and harvey norman adds. horrible. cant believe people hate ray d'arcy.

The American fella who does Cork Talks Back has been gone from that show for five years! Unless you're talking about the current guy who has a Cork accent with an American twang? (Maybe he lived in the States for while, then again maybe he just puts on a hint of an American accent - not uncommon).
    Estella wrote: »
    Was going to say Ger Gilroy (Newstalk 106 ) But I don't think his smug high pitched voice has broken yet.
    Hmmm. Initially he had a "It's too early in the morning and I couldn't be arsed projecting my voice or speaking clearly so I'll just mutter" attitude which I found most arrogant. But I think he's improved since.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Did nobody mention Derek Mooney?

Well I will. Oh and +1 for MOYKLE MAKMOLLON from me too. Don't care if he knows his stuff (soccer-wise, at least), I still reach for another station when I hear his ridiculous accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Gerry Ryan find his voice really irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Bard wrote: »
    Did nobody mention Derek Mooney?

Well I will. Oh and +1 for MOYKLE MAKMOLLON from me too. Don't care if he knows his stuff (soccer-wise, at least), I still reach for another station when I hear his ridiculous accent.

I'd have to go along with you here - your man sounds constipated. Newstalk heads go mental for the non-regional diction to such an extent that it backfires and gives them all a looney Tony Fenton 80s mid-atlantic accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

For me its a pretty close contest between Ger Gilroy ( Newstalk ) and that clown Paul Collins (Today Fm ) either one can out do the other on any given day !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

not so much an annoying voice, as an annoying habit. Has anyone noticed that every single texter to Ann-Marie Kelly includes her name in the text?

"There's a bad crash in Athenry Ann-Marie"

"Ann-Marie can you ask drivers blah blah"

Either every texter actually does it, or she just inserts her name herself and I don't know which one depresses me more :(

Advertisement