Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying voice on radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

That MacMoiillen fecker drives me nuts, also, it doesnt help that i hate soccer and thats all he seems to talk about.
    that myhome.ie guy.......:mad:
    Fento is starting to get to me too. his voice sounds like a computer or something

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

It was his unrelenting sleaziness that annoyed me.

"Sooo goys, I was out with GIRLS ALOUD last night, and BOY was THAT a late night, if you see what I mean! THANKS girls!"

etc.. when you know what really happened is he met them at an album launch, he said hello and then they left him to get pissed in a corner on his own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Most annoying E.V.E.R. is Dave Fanning(Fanny)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

What a great thread! There's just so many it's unreal. Gilroy from morning on newstalk, Maxi, truckers' wet dream Anne Marie Kelly, every AA roadwatch person, every irish voice over actor! but one in particular called bosco hogan, those two knobs on 2fm in the morning, Simon Maher from phantom in the afternoon, the list is just endless..... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

Phlann wrote: »
    I haven't listened to the radio in 7 years, but Tony Fenton always used to piss me off.

Is he still on/alive?

Unfortunately the answer is yes/yes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Orla Barry - most annoying woman on the planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Sorry Trev but Laura Woods (crops up on Will Leahy's show, ya dont wanna know trust me) has already claimed that prize ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭BennyLava

Have to say Ray Foley's voice bugs the hell out of me,

Sorry Trev but Laura Woods (crops up on Will Leahy's show, ya dont wanna know trust me) has already claimed that prize ;)

She better watch the fook out cause Barry wont take too kindly to playing second fiddle to anyone....Barry is from Cork FFS:rolleyes: ya know what they're like:D {legs it}

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭suspectdevice

big b wrote: »
    Today FM
    Good evening, Ooooooiiiimmmmmmm Mmmoooiichael MmmmcMullen

speak properly man, this isn't a self-parodying comedy skit :rolleyes:

is there anyone whose voice annoys you more?

no, this is thw worst, in the car with my moth and she turns the sports news off because of this dope

and the bird on rte news who does the weather and has severe breathing problems whilst talking

• Advertisement

no, this is thw worst, in the car with my moth and she turns the sports news off because of this dope

and the bird on rte news who does the weather and has severe breathing problems whilst talking

"Dope" LOL exactly what he is! Havent heard that in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

How can anything beat George Hooks voice!!! That chap sounds like theres somthing stuck in his throat or something. God its annoying to listen to him.

He does have a face for radio though

Those troll yokes are sheeeiiiittte , completely unfunny too

Actually , on balance and it comes as no surprise - radio in general is pretty sheeeiiiiitttee with teh exception of Moncreif who always makes me laugh with the nutballs he gives air time to

LouOB wrote: »
    Most annoying E.V.E.R. is Dave Fanning(Fanny)

Jesus I forgot about him!! god yeah, he is a grade a P_R_I_C_K. He just sounds so boring, I just want to shoot myself listening to him.

This is a good thread!! Theres quiet a few annoying presenters out there I notice when I read this!!

Im not a big fan of Colm & Jim Jim too on 2FM, and thats putting it mildly. Even the name pisses me off

jamesozzie wrote: »
    How can anything beat George Hooks voice!!! That chap sounds like theres somthing stuck in his throat or something. God its annoying to listen to him.

He does have a face for radio though

i just keep expecting him to pull out an old stained hanky and cough half a lung of phlegm into it, wipe his nose and stuff it back in his pocket to dry out and cake up or that he actually has half a pint of guinness swilling around in there and its a full time job to stop it dribbling out whilst he talks

i just keep expecting him to pull out an old stained hanky and cough half a lung of phlegm into it, wipe his nose and stuff it back in his pocket to dry out and cake up or that he actually has half a pint of guinness swilling around in there and its a full time job to stop it dribbling out whilst he talks

:pac:

Who knows - but how the hell did he get a job like that on radio! Your dead right, it does sound like he's in need of a good nosewipe or something. The producers of that show should have been given the right hook and shown the door

jamesozzie wrote: »
    :pac:

Who knows - but how the hell did he get a job like that on radio! Your dead right, it does sound like he's in need of a good nosewipe or something. The producers of that show should have been given the right hook and shown the door

was he the candiate after dunphy gave up?

hate to see him sitting alongside that aussie muppet too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

.. and the bird on rte news who does the weather and has severe breathing problems whilst talking

I'd say you're talking about that one Jean Byrne, are you? The woman with the very glossy-looking, above-shoulder-length black hair? She's very annoying alright. SOMEONE GIVE HER AN OXYGEN MASK!! :pac:

Jerry/Gerry Murphy (weatherman on RTE1/2) is a pain in the h0le as well. The big head on him and him grinding his big jaw telling us all the weather will be sh1te for the next year.

A few people have mentioned Laura Woods.. I concur! :P I can't stand her- she's about as friendly as the surviving ("Ah, ha, ha, ha- Stayin' alive!") Gibb brothers with Graham Norton in a bar.

Yeah, Ray Foley is an annoying c*nt. That Meteor award back in February went to his already over-inflated head.

Ah, Allison Curtis isn't ashamed of her Canadian roots. I heard her saying she was homesick for her Canadian hometown (can't remember the name) when she was mentioning some music festival there (the equivalent of USA's SouthXSouthwest festival, apparently) on the radio a few weeks back.

From what I have witnessed, she isn't ashamed of her roots. Far from it.

• Advertisement

Phlann wrote: »
    It was his unrelenting sleaziness that annoyed me.

"Sooo goys, I was out with GIRLS ALOUD last night, and BOY was THAT a late night, if you see what I mean! THANKS girls!"

etc.. when you know what really happened is he met them at an album launch, he said hello and then they left him to get pissed in a corner on his own.

Hahaha. :pac: You're dead right. Tony is an imaginative auld fellow, bless his (as someone here aptly pointed out) "computer voice"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tony Fagan surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Derek Mooney - Anyone else ???

hellloooo! and cue the long-winded goodbye!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

bleedin Louise Heraghty on 98fm. I wish she'd just cough the frog up. and she's extremely annoying. She cant go a day without insulting someone or something and its starting to pee me off cause I listen to that station everyday in work :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Reeeeaaalllly shouldn't be saying this, specially as a female meself but I don't like the sound of any womans voice on the radio. Just never works for me. Doesn't sound right or satisfying.

*runs off back to the 1950s when women knew their place*

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Tony Fagan surely?

No, Tony Fenton on Today FM.

Who's Tony Fagan?

Peared wrote: »
    Reeeeaaalllly shouldn't be saying this, specially as a female meself but I don't like the sound of any womans voice on the radio. Just never works for me. Doesn't sound right or satisfying.

*runs off back to the 1950s when women knew their place*

Yeah, funnily enough, I agree with you there. Not being sexist, but I just prefer the sound of blokes' voices on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

LCDeelite wrote: »

No, Tony Fenton on Today FM.

Who's Tony Fagan?
    Tony Fenton is really Tony Fagan. I guess it was not a great name for a DJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Has to b Dave Fanny something bout him that makes u want to smash his head in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Lazer Smart

+1 for Gerry Ryan while he's eating. If the radios too loud i feel like he's trying to have sex with my ear

Advertisement