Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying voice on radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Ryan Tubridy, his breakfast show used to make me assault the radio.
    Ruth Scott, Fiona Looney, Jenny Kelly, and all them other birds who sound fit on the radio but really, really aren't.
    Ray Darcy, I used to like him but he seems to have turned into a
    really annoying, jumped up, pedantic, patronising, @rick.
    Who cares if he cycles to work, do we really have to keep hearing about it?
    Now he's almost as annoying as his missus.
    And let's not forget Bono...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Who's Ray Darcys' wife?

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Who's Ray Darcys' wife?

He's with Jenny Kelly, isn't he?

He's with Jenny Kelly, isn't he?

Wow. Shes nice.

Wow. Shes nice.

Looks like she's let herself go.

http://static.flickr.com/9/69132570_8d595c991d_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

There's no way that's the same person?:eek:

Bros123 wrote: »
    There's no way that's the same person?:eek:

Thats Jenny Kelly alright.
    That's what marrage does to a chick, the minute they say 'I do' and BAM

Yeah, couple of years livin with Ray Darcy is bound to wear a girl down.
    But seriously, It's not the same person, the fit one's from some college in America I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 King of Faces

Why do the knobs on Q102 always say "and that's the way it is" after the news & weather? What a lame little gimmick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

Dave fanning's voice p***es me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Why do the knobs on Q102 always say "and that's the way it is" after the news & weather? What a lame little gimmick.

Ah that reminds me of a pet peeve. More of a tv thing when a presenter ends a show by saying

'I've been'

Jimmy Carr is one who does often 'I've been Jimmy Carr.'

:confused: Well who are you usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Better pic of Nikki Hayes

She's hot. End of

Wow. It gets worse - Multiple pictures of her trying to get as much t*t into the frame as possible with a big goofy head on her. Her dress sense is appalling. Who goes out in a string top with those shoulders??? Good thing she's not on the telly. Face for radio and all that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Don Wycherley FTW.

Oh and that Nicki Hayes one- is she in training for p0rno or something?
    Couple of seriously dodgy comments on her site, which she is apparently ok with. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

The most annoying voice on radio had to be the Female movie reviewer on Today FM on the Matt Cooper show.... O MY GOD.
    She starts every sentence with "YEA but No but Yea but No"... its as if shes in an argument with herself !!!!!!
    I thought she was a comedian when I heard her first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ChunkyManSkinny

Traffic and news peeps on national stations, "Red cye rindabite, long mile ride" i just have to turn over onto another station!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

prendy wrote: »
    dave fanning...cant bear his voice!

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Death to Jenny Houstan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

Michael He Digsin even though his potolicks are outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Evelyn O’Rourke on the Gerry Ryan Show. She makes me cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Eamon Keane (newstalk presenter) - gay hairdresser accent.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Anyone think that bucker Will leahy in 2 FM is getting a bit above himsell - JA**us by the pitch of the freekers voice you would think WW3 had broken out - cop on son an calm down ..

PS Who ever heard of anyone from LIMERICK called "WILL" - surprised he survived although I suspect he was Bill or Billy in a former life - wha ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Just trawled through the earlier posts - glad to see all my favourites are there
    Ruth Scoh
    Omma Moc Nomora
    Moikal Moc Mollen

Thanks - Thought I was freekin alone !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Could I add on Mark Little here.

Accent has got very "skangerish" in my opinion. Dropping "H" at the end of words,adding the extra syllable when its not there.

Has the same annoying trait as Eamonn Coughlan of trying too hard to pronounce the "th"s in fact you closed your eyes you would swear it was Eamonn .

Are they both from the Drimnagh general area????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Jenny Kelly

"Rayy I wis shohhping en Dandrawm Centir and I met my friend Urs-you-la, you loike toe-tilly know Urs-you-la, Rayyyy"

"Jenny?"

"Yes Rayyy?"

"How the fcuk did you get on this show again?....And why do I feel the blood being sucked from my neck you parasitic leech"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Steve K on Spin 103.8 with his fake mid-Atlantic..:mad:
    Tony Fenton
    Cormac Battle
    Will Leahy
    that's all for the moment....

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Jello wrote: »
    Ruth Scott.

And those two planks on Spin 103.8 in the mornings. James and Keith or whatever the hell they're called.

yep, that's Joe and Keith and they're the worst duo on radio. their sketches are absolutely terrible and they've horrible accents too...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There are tons of annoying voices on the radio - lots of ad voiceover artists, the AA Roadwatch crew, Emma McNamara, Emma Counihan (2FM breakfast news), Susan Jackson (2FM newsreader), Paul Collins (Today FM sport in the morning - mid-Atlantic drawl for reading the bulletins, Tipp/"Deise" accent when interviewing GAA personalities), George Hook (false teeth falling out leading to slurred speech).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,846 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

from the ad point of view, the guy that used to be on Bachelors walk, and does the MyHome.ie ads. Sounds like he's constantly vibrating while he talks or something!

While Jenny Kelly's is far from the worst, her voice just bugs me. I used to think she sounded pretty hot till i saw her, but as the years have gone by she seems to just get more annoying. I'm sure she's been getting a snobbier accent by the day!

Dudess wrote: »
    There are tons of annoying voices on the radio - lots of ad voiceover artists, the AA Roadwatch crew, Emma McNamara, Emma Counihan (2FM breakfast news), Susan Jackson (2FM newsreader), Paul Collins (Today FM sport in the morning - mid-Atlantic drawl for reading the bulletins, Tipp/"Deise" accent when interviewing GAA personalities), George Hook (false teeth falling out leading to slurred speech).

yep, Paul Collins. what's with the 2 accents? "Howya getting on?" in the thickest country accent and then straight after a totally different accent for reading the sports news... pretty weird. :rolleyes:

and let's not forget Marty Miller on 98fm. what a t**t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

That first picture is defo not Jenny Kelly. I know her and that ain't her.
    She always spoke like that and she's actually sound. No idea what she is doing with him..I hate the whole cycling to work thing and also the way he says lurry and then apologises and pronounces it lorry - drives me mental.

Also very annoying are the morning guys on Spin, the afternoon ones [Kate and Ali or something] and Jonathan McCreagh-jesus he is so up his own ass

Advertisement