Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying voice on radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

That annoyin one thats on 2fm at 12 clcock, nikki hayes , makes me wanna come through the radio and beat her to dath

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

That annoyin one thats on 2fm at 12 clcock, nikki hayes , makes me wanna come through the radio and beat her to dath

calm down, ye mad yoke.:eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Couldn't be arsed reading through this whole thread so apologies if he's been mentioned. Johnny Lyons, he does the sport on Q I think it is. Puts on this really annoying dramatic voice when saying his own name

Collie D wrote: »
    Couldn't be arsed reading through this whole thread so apologies if he's been mentioned. Johnny Lyons, he does the sport on Q I think it is. Puts on this really annoying dramatic voice when saying his own name

yep, it's 98fm. "I'm Johnny Lyons". what a legend....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Here's a crazy idea:

CHANGE THE STATION

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Jenny Kelly and Micheal McMullen......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

gucci wrote: »
    Jenny Kelly and Micheal McMullen......

Look we shoudnt rate anybody from these sink hole stations... somebody mentioned Susan jackson - jeeze she sounds seriously hott...anyone got a pic ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

Lux23 wrote: »
    I hate your man who was in Bacherlor's Walk voice, he does every second advert and he drives me up the wall. Where exactly does an accent like that come from??

He annoys the f=ck out of me too, does the intro, and entro ? out of business news on breakfast show on Newstalk, Are we talking about the same guy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

Daft Dave advert on beat fm.. Hate it!! haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

jenny kelly by a mile. what a snob. all her co presenters on radio (and tv) cant stand her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Laura Woods has a really snobby D4 accent.
    Very annoying.
    Would hit it though - might have to tape or stuff her mouth first...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Matt fcuking Cooper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

I find Matt Cooper irritating at the moment, maybe the topics covered add to it, everything seems to be so negative, he doesn't do the "have to be asked" questions particularly well, take a lesson from Rachel English on that one Matt...

Ryan Tubridy (Sp?) is a definite change channel also, I just don't like his style, pity because he often has an interesting line up.

Joe Duffy is OK, some of his callers would test a saint though...

I really like Jenny Huston, she comes across as extremely genuine and non pretentious, her playlists are peerless IMHO. Would love to share a bottle of wine with her.

Now I know he's been the cause of trouble here before, but I do enjoy Ray Foley, I love his tongue in cheek style.

In terms of "foreign" stations, the airwaves just haven't been the same since J Peel left us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Pat Kenny.

Not just on radio, in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

A recent nomination to this list from me, Johnny Lyons,

but the alltime horror, is the fella that does late date on RTE1, can't think of his name at the moment, and I'm afraid to try too hard, cos I've got to go and sleep!! I'll have nightmares!

He's from Cork and talks shoite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

tampopo wrote: »
    A recent nomination to this list from me, Johnny Lyons,

but the alltime horror, is the fella that does late date on RTE1, can't think of his name at the moment, and I'm afraid to try too hard, cos I've got to go and sleep!! I'll have nightmares!

He's from Cork and talks shoite.

John Creedon.

what about Ciaran Mulooly(?) on RTE1 and occasionally on Radio 1. the weirdest and most annoying accent I've ever heard. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dirtybarry

staker wrote: »
    jenny kelly by a mile. what a snob. all her co presenters on radio (and tv) cant stand her

interesting indeed..where did you hear this information??reliable source??i have always had my suspicions that her co workers may not exactely have liked her

el diablo wrote: »
    yep, Paul Collins. what's with the 2 accents? "Howya getting on?" in the thickest country accent and then straight after a totally different accent for reading the sports news... pretty weird. :rolleyes:

and let's not forget Marty Miller on 98fm. what a t**t.

yeah paul collins is a clown...why does he feel the need to put on a stupid accent like that when talking to gaa players??somebody should pull him up on that..he has a completely different accent when reading the sports bulletins

surprised that colm and jim jim have escaped without mention on this forum..absolute pair of idiots..annoying accents..their show is muck..wish they would just piss off.the poor mans ray and jp in my opinion!!!!

• Advertisement

dirtybarry wrote: »
    surprised that colm and jim jim have escaped without mention on this forum..absolute pair of idiots..annoying accents..their show is muck..wish they would just piss off.the poor mans ray and jp in my opinion!!!!
    it's the other way around for me. I'd listen to Colm and Jim Jim but I can't stand Ray Foley and his lover....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

stephen p wrote: »
    When I've no choice but to listen to Gerry Ryan I find his voice very monotonous. Especially if his show is on in a doctors waiting room. It feels like an eternity!! :mad:

Agreed !!! :cool: Can't stand the sight or sound of him or Ryan Tubridy !!!

Joe and Keith from Spin 1038 though ... now that's class !!! :D Love the two silly eejits !!! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Ray "How the hell am i still on the radio" D'arcy

&

Jim & Colm Colm. These two have to be the most annoying people i have ever heard in my life. The little time that i do listen to them when i mistakenly tune into 2fm in the car in the morning i hear the same crappy jokes and same crappy prank phone calls. There like D'arcy with his 10 year long fix it friday and odd one out quiz!!

*Rant over!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

dirtybarry wrote: »
    interesting indeed..where did you hear this information??reliable source??i have always had my suspicions that her co workers may not exactely have liked her

no proof just a hunch imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

Defo agree with moiiichael mc mullin

and the guy on sunday radio one, sounds old, cant really read sounds like he has a speech disorder

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

staker wrote: »

+1
    words cannot describe my hate for this woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Defo agree with moiiichael mc mullin

and the guy on sunday radio one, sounds old, cant really read sounds like he has a speech disorder

Could be one of hundreds:cool:

Gerald Barry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Tony Fenton (and that tool Pamela that works with him) or Larry Gogan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Also very annoying are the morning guys on Spin, the afternoon ones [Kate and Ali or something] and Jonathan McCreagh-jesus he is so up his own ass

think they shifted to Q 102, in fairness to the bloke at least he is a yank. but your one kate has no excuse

WTF does every new presenter sound like a fcuking trinity head? oh for the good old days when you got into radio through pirate radio stations and normal people could actually be heard .the whole fecking airwaves are starting to sound like student central. do NONE of these feckers have a natural accent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

I can't stand Joe Duffy
    Matt Cooper's voice is pretty irritating too

Advertisement