Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you Brazilian wax.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭trixie11

would love to have it all off but lacking the courage and confidence to get it done professionally. can anyone recommend a good place in galway for it?
    dont mind the waxing at all...do bikini line myself and sometimes a bit more but takes way to much time and effort
    also how often would you and can you keep doing it? ive had legs waxed in salon before..once i got turned away right before a holiday cos girl said hairs were too short even though hadnt touched them for 3 weeks in preparation...so was kinda annoyed with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

Hi can i ask anyone thats had one how far under to they go when doing a brazilian wax. I know it's the bikini area etc but do you have hair still around your "V" if you know what i mean? They obviously don't wax all of it off do they? do they wax right in around the ahem "holes" sorry this is crude but no other way to explain!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

jellybeans wrote: »
    They obviously don't wax all of it off do they?

yeah, that's the point... if you go for a Hollywood, which is all off, they wax EVERYWHERE, including around all the 'holes'. Brazilian usually leaves a small strip just above the labia, but the labia are waxed too...

really oh ok so you you have to go in starkers then?? Im getting laser and amn't sure how close to go in. i've always waxed my bikini line as in around my knicker line but have never gone for anything more. I want to consider my options so to speak. Ive haven't eally worried too much about underneth, so they go right up to your ass? Id find that a bit scarlet I have to say :o not sure if I could even get the razor up there in preparation for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

jellybeans wrote: »
    really oh ok so you you have to go in starkers then?? Im getting laser and amn't sure how close to go in. i've always waxed my bikini line as in around my knicker line but have never gone for anything more. I want to consider my options so to speak. Ive haven't eally worried too much about underneth, so they go right up to your ass? Id find that a bit scarlet I have to say :o not sure if I could even get the razor up there in preparation for it

Well you can keep your top on ;)

They don't go UP your ass, they just wax the bits around it... and they won't go anywhere you don't want them to. Specify which bits you want done!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

ever waxer will tell you NOT to shave/trim yourself before an appointment, as you might take too much off to be waxed etc.
    Does the beauticians have a website?
    I know Brazilia have a FAQ for customers on theirs.
    *edit* here you go :http://www.brazilia.ie/femalefaq.html

no it's in preparation for laser treatment I have to shave not for waxing. I've decided Im gonna go for a High bikini line and a tidy up around the "V" and "A" ! that should do it! so would there be still some hair around the ass etc

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Merged with the main waxing thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I'll say it: I don't like to spend money. But when it comes to the upkeep of my nether regions, I will absolutely pay to have a professional do my brazilian!!!

I started out shaving years ago (I danced growing up and had to wear leotards and tights) and wish that someone had told me that there was a better way. I first got a bikini wax because I was curious, and upgraded to a brazilian. Even though I don't get it done religiously, I try to go when I can. It's not THAT expensive - and it's nice to only have to worry about it once every 4-6 weeks than having to worry about the stubble from a razor every few days, not to mention the razor burn.

As for the pain -- well -- it's not a walk in the park, but then again, I've been known to text people while I'm on the table. It shouldn't take more than half an hour. And just tell the aesthetician how much hair to leave on if you want a little more than a strip - you're paying her to landscape your "lady garden", so it should look exactly how you want! (And seeing as how my OH is happy however he gets it, his opinion isn't the of utmost importance in this instance.)

Kudos to those who self-wax, though. I completely understand the do-it-yourself mentality, but I just picture myself fumbling with a mirror and wax strips and worrying about whether or not the wax is too hot, or what if I don't pull hard enough, and which direction I'm supposed to pull the strips, and did I make sure to get it all between the front and back door? . . .

Madness.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

SeekUp wrote: »
    tell the aesthetician

The what??? Surely that's not a real word, or is it just a case of someone bigging up their job title? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

SeekUp wrote: »
    the aesthetician
    QUOTE]

aesthetician?? when did they stop being beauticians?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

The waxer woman(/man???) -- I think that might also include people who can perform facials, manicures, pedicures, etc., not just waxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Sorry to drag up this thread...
    Just a question that probably has been answered, but I probably missed it going through all the pages!

After a waxing, how long (on average) after does the hair stay away?
    Also, how long is it red for?

Thanks gals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Malteaser! wrote: »
    I've used Immac on my bikini lilne before and oh god what a disaster that was. Tiny little bloodspots in every bloody pore. In fairness though it was my own fault, the canister does say you shouldn't put it near the bikini line and I did it anyway. My razor was too blunt to use!

Are you sure thats not because you hadn't left it a few days after shaving? I shaved my legs once, forgot to leave 72 hours before using the immac and ****ing hell, it stung and blood all over te gaff!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

Cleeo wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up this thread...
    Just a question that probably has been answered, but I probably missed it going through all the pages!

After a waxing, how long (on average) after does the hair stay away?
    Also, how long is it red for?

Thanks gals!

The hair usually starts to grow back after a couple of weeks but at least its still very very short for at least 4 weeks and if I get a hollywood wax say early in the day then the redness has gone by that nite and I would have sensitive skin. Once you keep getting waxed the hair takes longer and longer to grow back. I can't recommend hollywood waxes enough and Brazilia are probably the best. I've tried others and have ended up with blotchy skin and bumps...yeeeuuuccckk. Not pretty. Defeats the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭uniqueusername

hi guys, any salons you can hand on heart recommend??

for a hollywood wax especially, seems really hard to find one in dublin that will remove every bit of hair, esp around the ass, and that wont leave you looking like a bloody mess. have a few horror stories to tell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Immac is muck!! Ugh I hate the stuff. It smells disgusting and it doesn't work. It may be useful for very fair haired people but personally, I think it's a load of junk!

Waxing FTW!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Immac is muck!! Ugh I hate the stuff. It smells disgusting and it doesn't work. It may be useful for very fair haired people but personally, I think it's a load of junk!

Waxing FTW!! :D

And you get fantastic burns from the stuff if you leave it on too long! Can't stand it either :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Hey... I'm a lil confused!! There's lotsa different types of waxes available right?! A lotta people here are mentioning Bikini waxing... Brazillian waxes are different though... Aren't they??? :confused: Now I dunno what's what!! :o

Bikini:

http://www.techdigest.tv/myleene-klass-bikini.JPG

Brazilian:

http://www.leeabbamonte.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/ronaldinho.bmp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bubbles McGinty

watna wrote: »
    I used to get them every 4 weeks for about a year. It was great. I felt much better about myself, even though noone really saw it except my other half. When i started saving to go away it was one of the things that got cut. It saves me €60 I miss it though! When I'm away and not saving I'll go for it again. It wasn't too painful, in the grand scheme of things!

I started when I was travelling in NZ and after the first one I had to do it myself. That was three years ago and I never looked back. Nair do a great salon wax-melt wax in MW and then peel off skin, not strips. It actually isn't that painful and with time it just gets easier!! I think its about €20 a tub, pretty decent seeing as you'll get at least three or four waxes out of a tub! I do my underarms that way too. So quick. I would never shave again!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FairFilly

Full Hollywood sometimes done by myself or sometimes i pay to have it done professionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Brazilian all the way. I have to say though, the beauticians here have NOTHING on the ones in the states. Its so fast and painfree.

Woo.. I just discovered a place only five mins from my house that does hot waxes :D

Pretty cool prices too, full leg and bikini wax for €45 :D
    My housemate went the day before yesterday and said they were brilliant!!

\o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

Cherryvega wrote: »
    And you get fantastic burns from the stuff if you leave it on too long! Can't stand it either :/

gotta disagree you need to try - immac in shower hair removal the one with the sponge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Ladies, I am considering submitting myself to the torture of having a Brazilian done.. I have been lucky in that I dont have issues with 'maintenance' if you know what I mean and this is purely for aestetics (sp?)...

Is it painful? Is there anyway of minimising the pain (assuming its painful)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Ladies, I am considering submitting myself to the torture of having a Brazilian done.. I have been lucky in that I dont have issues with 'maintenance' if you know what I mean and this is purely for aestetics (sp?)...

Is it painful? Is there anyway of minimising the pain (assuming its painful)....

Go mid-cycle, and take two paracetamol about twenty minutes before your appointment, and its really not too bad at all. It gets easier the more you have it done, so it's never going to be as bad as the first time again. Really, in professional hands, its not a terrible experience.

Like lots of things really...!

gotta disagree you need to try - immac in shower hair removal the one with the sponge

I've tried it and it's still krap. Just isn't effective at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

only ever get regular bikini waxes where you can keep your knickers on, but girls is it embarassing the 1st time you get a brazillian? I've heard awful things about the positions you have to get in so they can access all the necessary regions!! can anyone explain in depth how it goes? really appreciate it thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

And can anyone recommend a good place to go to in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Can't beat Brazillia - definitely some other posts lurking around here recommending them....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement