Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy French in a critical condition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Only one line about the cocaine speculation
    Gardai are likely to interview everyone at the party amid fears that the model may have overdosed on cocaine.

People, please do not let this thread descend into chaos again.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TrollPatrol

I think once tainted with the 'drug taker' mark, it is hard to leave it behind. Not to mention that giving up drugs is hard in itself.

I have sympathy for those who fall into addiction and regret each snort but I don't have sympathy for those who free base because its trendy (which hides their addiction).

Whether Katy has a specific illness, the illness was brought on by repeated drug abuse, or if a one time snort caused the problem, we don't know.

Lets just wait until the facts come out to cast the first stone.

I have no knowledge of her academic abilities but she is certainly an attractive woman and thats enough for my shallowness at the moment. And certainly enough for me to wish her a good recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

xzanti wrote: »
    According to today's Herald... "Medics are preparing to bring her out of the coma".. So things may be looking up for her..

Thats excellent news.Hope she is back to normal very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RobertaHQ

Beechman wrote: »
    I would hate to be a moderator of this thread and all the other ones in regards to Kathy French . The amout of crap they have had to delete over the past few days because of some really cruel comments..

Well done moderators!

Beechman, you do realise who and what this thread is about?

I was totally careful in what I said anyway- seriously, once we know whether she pulls through or not it's all going to be out in the open anyway! You can't actually get done for Libel or slander if the alllegations are true

But, nothings official so we'll have to wait and see

DesF wrote: »
    Only one line about the cocaine speculation

People, please do not let this thread descend into chaos again.

Thanks.

It is kind of a key line Des

It doesn't say she was baking a cake and confused it with icing sugar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

RobertaHQ wrote: »

I was totally careful in what I said anyway- seriously, once we know whether she pulls through or not it's all going to be out in the open anyway! You can't actually get done for Libel or slander if the alllegations are true

that's because if it's true, it's not libel or slander. Until "everything" comes out, we assume the girl is completely innocent of any wrongdoings. No more allusions please.

True.....Speculation is my favourite word

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

kelle wrote: »
    :) That's a relief to read - I hope things are looking up for her!

Don't mean to put a downer on it but the Herald also said that they have tried already 3 times to take her out of the medically induced coma but it hasn't been successful, a spokesman also said she has a 20% chance of survival.

True.....Speculation is my favourite word

You can keep all speculation off this thread, stick to facts please.

This goes for everyone.

jessie1 wrote: »
    Don't mean to put a downer on it but the Herald also said that they have tried already 3 times to take her out of the medically induced coma but it hasn't been successful, a spokesman also said she has a 20% chance of survival.

Yeah i would agree with you, I read that its only 20% survival chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dahayeser

Sure off with her if she wants to write a book on her ordeal. If nobody buys the book then she falls flat on her face having invested her time and money in it. If the book does sell then that proves there is a market for it and her decision to write it would be vindicated.

I can't see why it would irritate people so much to see her book on the shelves. Live and let live and all that, it's only of interest to her and those who want to read about her. It shouldn't effect the rest of us at all ..

I'm sure most people would write a book if they thought it would sell. Most of us would admire an entrepreneur and thats all Katy French is. She saw a gap in the market and went for it. Best of luck to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

RobertaHQ ,Yes I certainly do realise who and what this thread is about! Regardless of the comments flying around in the media and on the internet we must not forget one thing, a young woman is fighting for her life in Navan.

All I am saying is the mods have had to remove threads , edit and ban a load of users to this forum because of comments placed, fair play to them for respecting her family and the law !

drdre wrote: »
    Warning given for this.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

People having allergic reactions to Aspirin kills tens of thousands of people around the world every year, but I don't see people rushing to the politicians to get that banned.
    And since "coke kills" seems to be the message on this thread, why not ban motorcycles completely off the road? The net gain in people not dying would be absolutely massive.

Why shouldn't we? Because people should be able to make the choice whether or not they want to ride a motorbike, just like they should have the choice whether they want to take coke.

Entrepreneur is being generous I think?

What part of broken engagement due to posing in sexy lingerie on restaurant table followed by public spat is entrepreneurial?

Cheap would have been my word

Though maybe if her vocabulary can stretch far enough she will write a book and we'll all be so happy for her :rolleyes:

Look, we all know what we are talking about here, and most of us will have raised an eyebrow when we first heard this story. Talk all ye want about whatever ye want in the pub, in school, or in work. There are certain areas surrounding this topic that cannot be discussed on boards. Number one among these is whether or not anything the person did contributed to their position. Until it has been officially confirmed, the position of this forums mod (stargal) is that there is to be NO speculation of any kind.

Any of you who were on this thread yesterday will have seen various posters "confirming" that she was already dead, if that doesn't show you how much faith you can have in internet sources, it'll have to be a banning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

drdre wrote: »
    Yeah i would agree with you, I read that its only 20% survival chance.

20% is better than no chance. While there's life, there's hope.

Get Well Soon

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dahayeser

There's nothing wrong with "sexy lingerie on restaurant table", plenty of Models do that. I doubt that was a setup. She certainly add fuel to the fire after and used it to boost her profile. The work started rolling in after and every so often she'd do or say something to cause a bit of a media stir to make sure it stayed that way.

I'd say her income this year is at least 10 times what it was last year. Fair play to her on that score. As far as I can see she's harmless, she hasn't hurt anyone on the way up so good luck to her.

I think we all have our opinions on Katy. Why is this thread still open when all it invites is speculation, allegation, consternation, repudiation, castegation, prognostication, deviation and annoyance.

Why not simply have a thread saying messages of sympathy for Katy French.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I think we all have our opinions on Katy. Why is this thread still open when all it invites is speculation, allegation, consternation, repudiation, castegation, prognostication, deviation and annoyance.

Why not simply have a thread saying messages of sympathy for Katy French.
    Because this isn't the Pointless Platitudes forum. Just because there's variance in whether or not people feel sympathy for her doesn't mean that the thread should be closed. People are free to discuss her as long as they don't get Boards into any trouble.

thank God you're back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Speculation isn't necessary.

Look at all that's *not* being said in these articles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Lol, I'm guessing it's been a bit more hectic than Long-Term Illnesses? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

This thread is a measure of the how clever and hard working this girl is.

She's done very well for herself in a competitive market - this time last year everyone was going on about Gilson and Drico's break-up.

Hope she pulls out of this, gets saturation coverage in the media (French Independent) and makes loads of moola.

Whatever the reason, it's a grave situation to be in. Feel sorry for her family.

Stargal wrote: »

a lot more - and there are 5 of us there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

People in this country have short memories, we only have to look at Irish politics to know that. If this incident was caused by involvment in anything dodgy people won't remember for too long no matter what the outcome.

We don't speak ill of the dead here and if she pulls through, which it appears is looking likely, she'll only be back bigger and more in your face than ever. Any alleged dodginess only makes the tale more interesting for everyone.

I don't particularly care what happens one way of t'other, but it is keeping me distracted from work etc. so if that's the only good that comes out of this from my point of view, so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Stargal wrote: »

Eh bad form.

Amz wrote: »
    People in this country have short memories, we only have to look at Irish politics to know that. If this incident was caused by involvment in anything dodgy people won't remember for too long no matter what the outcome.

We don't speak ill of the dead here and if she pulls through, which it appears is looking likely, she'll only be back bigger and more in your face than ever. Any alleged dodginess only makes the tale more interesting for everyone.

I don't particularly care what happens one way of t'other, but it is keeping me distracted from work etc. so if that's the only good that comes out of this from my point of view, so be it.

What happens if someone in your family was dying and someone said hope he/she dies what would you say.
    Just stop being a fool.

• Advertisement

MayMay wrote: »
    Eh bad form.

tbh mods LTI.

This thread has been more active than LTI would normally be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement