Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy French in a critical condition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 I Shot J.R.

There was no mention of her, just of the Waterford lad alone.

Rbtfl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

parliament wrote: »
    And more that you and anybody else on this thread, whats your point?

He as infinitely more time and money, but on a ratio of free time and time spent doing charity work, I know many people who do a whole lot more for charity the Bono. Have you not realised that the naysayers here mostly have a problem with the genreal public gushing about how much they respect and admire these everyday unextraordinary people. If a so called celebrity performed some fund raising for a homeless charity they would be hailed as a role model yet the same people worshiping the celebrity would probably still show no more concern for the plight of the homeless man that their beloved celebrity brought focus to.

my point is that not all celebrities do charity work for their own ends, as you insinuated with your remarks about bono. I would have thought that was pretty clear, but you change your argument every time, it's hard to keep up :)

Nobody's on here saying how much they respect and admire Katy French - as a matter of fact the most common statement is "I'm no fan" - it's just that some put a "but" after that. You call them "naysayers", I see them as people gloating over the fact that a 24-year old woman is on a life support machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

It was supposed to be a subtle way of saying that someone I know who works for one of the papers told me a few hours ago. I also said to wait for confirmed reports before taking what I said as true. You obviously are a selective reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

2 people in work have told me that they heard she died. I haven't heard it. I think people are definitely getting mixed up.

The poor lad in waterford died this afternoon. He was only 21, and received the all clear from cancer recently. cocaine is SO DANGEROUS. I would never touch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Kar0ma

If she does die of cocaine related issues, it wouldnt be mentioned, it will be a genetic defect.

If she lives and it was coke related, it will be the basis for canonisation to Saint Katy of the Church of Redeemed Cokehead.

• Advertisement

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    It was supposed to be a subtle way of saying that someone I know who works for one of the papers told me a few hours ago. I also said to wait for confirmed reports before taking what I said as true. You obviously are a selective reader.

if you don't want rumours spread, then don't spread them. Simple as, no selection required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I have it from a reliable source that they switched off her life support a couple of hours ago. Have been looking for it to come up on a newsite for the last while but it hasnt. I would not be taking anything as gospel until confirmed reports. Rumours can spread very easily in these cases and even reach the media.
    ams wrote: »
    I heard the same Mike - we'll know for sure in the next while
    Enough with the pointless speculation. Stick to the facts people.
    Fieldog wrote: »
    Hold your horses peeps!!!

I was literally going by what one of the lads in work said to me, I hope he was getting mixed up with that Waterford lad....

(even though I shouldnt)

My heart goes out to both families....
    You were about to be banned for trolling so thanks for posting that clarification. Sounds like he did indeed get mixed up with the Waterford guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No mention on fm104 news either, just the Waterford lad.

Yeah it was 'just' him. He wasn't famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Still showing up on Aertel, etc, that she is alive but in a serious condition.

I tend not to focus on whether she was out partying, etc. I would focus more on the fact that she came across as a lovely, level-headed indiviual on that celebrity thing she was on.

My mother had never heard of her before (although she reads newspapers!) and thought that she seemed to be a very nice, strong person.

I'm sure many of us know people who go out and do far worse things than Katy supposedly did (I really don't know much about her social life), and I'm sure many of us do worse, so we really shouldn't judge.

Personally, I don't really know what she does, I've never seen any of her campaigns or shoots, so I'm basing this solely on the fact that she seems to come across as a nice person on tv and radio, and I wish her, and her family, well.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

That 'Waterford lads' life is just as important as Miss French everyone.

She shouldnt be protected for taking it - she worked the media for a long time.

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    if you don't want rumours spread, then don't spread them. Simple as, no selection required.

Someone else posted she was dead and I was saying I had heard it also. Get down off your high horse for a second. Your not the mod of this board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

It wasn't meant like that. He meant it as in just the waterford lad i.e no one else was mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

How can you be a "fan" of a model ?

That just means you think she's hot. That established, She is also a budding journalist, with great potential imo, as she comes across as being a smart girl. Hopefully she'll pull through this and get a chance to feed some fcukers their words. I know its how she makes her living, but public life is a nightmare when something like what has happened comes to pass.
    It would be a tragedy if she did'nt survive this, an I really hope you sneerin fcukers would have some sort of consicence about taking the piss out of somebody that did no harm on their death bed.
    Give her a bit of credit, she's nowhere near as annoying as Gilson or that Byram one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 I Shot J.R.

You said it not me.

THERE WAS NO MENTION OF HER DYING ON THE FM104 4PM NEWS, THERE WAS A MENTION OF THE WATERFORD LAD WHO DIED.

Apologies for caps mods, selective reading quite rampant around here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

family have announced a press call for 5 to make an announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

Give her a bit of credit, she's nowhere near as annoying as Gilson or that Byram one.[/quote]

Glenda and Amanda discretely get on with their jobs

Someone else posted she was dead and I was saying I had heard it also. Get down off your high horse for a second. Your not the mod of this board.

I don't need to be the mod to point out the hypocrasy of saying you heard she died, and then telling people not to post rumours. That's a hint that will guide you in real life, not just boards ;)

Folks can we get off scoring points off each other. 1 person has definitely died and another possibly... does personal tittle tattle matter at this time?

tbh wrote: »
    I don't need to be the mod to point out the hypocrasy of saying you heard she died, and then telling people not to post rumours. That's a hint that will guide you in real life, not just boards ;)

I didnt say not to post rumours I said not put too much weight into them until a source confirms them. Maybe a tip for you for real life would be to actually get a real life.;)

My point exactly, it is to do with your physiology not the drug.

Repeated exposure weakens the heart, if you have a weak heart already it has the same effect in a shorter time.

No one else was taken to hospital that night

• Advertisement

I'm locking this thread for at least an hour to give people time to cop on and think about what they're posting. Some posts and users are also going to be gone.

Ok, I've gone through the whole thread again and removed some more potentially dodgy comments so going to re-open it.

Two things: Firstly if you come across an offensive or potentially libelous comment then please press the Report Post button. It makes it a lot quicker to find these things. There could still be a few dodgy ones lurking so do keep an eye out.

Secondly I'd ask that everyone please have a bit of common sense when posting and not say anything that could get Boards into trouble.

The following people have been banned at some stage today. Please don't forget to PM me in about a week to have your ban lifted.
    6th
    ACVP
    rovers_runner
    Lux23
    gickballs
    Fieldog

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Stargal wrote: »
    Ok, I've gone through the whole thread again and removed some more potentially dodgy comments so going to re-open it.

Two things: Firstly if you come across an offensive or potentially libelous comment then please press the Report Post button. It makes it a lot quicker to find these things. There could still be a few dodgy ones lurking so do keep an eye out.

Secondly I'd ask that everyone please have a bit of common sense when posting and not say anything that could get Boards into trouble.

The following people have been banned at some stage today. Please don't forget to PM me in about a week to have your ban lifted.
    6th
    ACVP
    rovers_runner
    Lux23
    gickballs
    Fieldog

Jaysus relax a bit there, its only a message board

Thanks. I'd forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

As for people's nasty comments on here, not overly surprised...but still disgusted at some of the things said.

God Bless her. While there's life there's hope.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Support the mods decision here. The thread is/was fully of ****e and rumours. Little do you realise, Boards.ie can be held responsible for whats said here. If you have nothing to contribute, leave.

Otherwise, state your couse over at HelpDesk/Feedback/Mods Inbox.

End Off.

Anyway, little can be said in here. Hope she pulls through.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

On topic- rte said she remains critically ill&the family have another anxious night ahead. HSE to make a statement at 6.50am. Hope shes ok, i wish the posters who are saying they dont & wont care if she does die,would not bother as most of them are just slating her & its not really the time or place for that. She did no harm to anyone,probably a lot more successful than a lot of people posting about her. We may not like what she did for a living but it didnt make her a bad person. She is someones daughter,friend so leave the slagging to the healthy people who can answer back should they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I found this thread via another one on the mods forum , What I'm trying to understand is : Is kathy the irish version of Paris ? Sorry i have been out of Ireland for 2+years so have no idea who this girl is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 joanb1

I think Katy is a really pretty, gutsy girl who has been out there trying to make a go at doing well. I saw her on tv on one of those stupid celebrity games where they frighten the life out of the competitors, just to show it to the viewers and Katy handled it so well, with grace, good humour and courage. I would neither have the looks or the guts to live her life. Why do people want to knock her.

I wish her a full recovery and know that her in-built personality traits will help her. May God bless her and her family at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

joanb1 wrote: »
    I think Katy is a really pretty, gutsy girl who has been out there trying to make a go at doing well. I saw her on tv on one of those stupid celebrity games where they frighten the life out of the competitors, just to show it to the viewers and Katy handled it so well, with grace, good humour and courage. I would neither have the looks or the guts to live her life. Why do people want to knock her.

I wish her a full recovery and know that her in-built personality traits will help her. May God bless her and her family at this time.
    +1
    I hope Katy is strong enough to get through this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement