Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy French in a critical condition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

MayMay wrote: »
    Harsh! You'd think these girls were serial killers or something! :rolleyes:

Maybe a wee bit harsh but i can fully understand their feelings about Miss French. She is a media whore and will go to any lengths to get her puss photographed and in a newspaper or on tv. I'm sick to death of seeing her orange tinged, tanned to within an inch of her life, face looking out at me when i open a paper or magazine.

I did not see it myself but i was told today that there was a picture of her in yesterdays Sunday World getting out of a car at her birthday. She is apparently going commando and the picture leaves nothing to the imagination with her privates are on parade.... Now she knew full well there would be photographers there (as she normally tips them off herself) so she obviously planned to whole thing knowing it would get her in the papers again. Its all just a bit sickening at this stage that the girl is that desperate for publicity. No doubt if she does recover it will generate further column inches for her and lead to even greater exposure of her. She is a pretty pathetic figure in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I suppose you have a point alright Fozzie. I just don't really read the papers she's in so I suppose I'm not as sick of her as a lot of people are that are forced to see her mug every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Its unfortunate that shes ill, but tbh I dont feel any pity or sorrow for her. There are ICU's all over the country that are full of people, who's stories are never told. Whether she pulls through or not, I really dont care. One less media whore tbh. Guarantee you the "bouncing back" book will hit the shelves next xmas, if she does pull through.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can you overdose on orange tan?

Can you overdose on orange tan?

That was it!!!! :eek: Notify the doctors!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i hardly surprised she is ill, if she was quoted correctly in the papers last week.

She apperently said that she has had a kidney infection all week and was taking antibotics, so she would be taking it easy on the drink for her birthday.

She should not be drinking at all, if she was taking medication.

Thats according to the The Mirror, the day after her party.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Obviously wouldnt like to see anything bad happening to her but it all sounds like its her own doing! guarantee in two or three weeks she ll be posing with da docs who saved her life and pleding a life of abstinence and celibacy!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

So she's actually in the news for something more important than being herself?

*those were my exact words when I heard Princess Di was in a car crash. Wonder if the same jinx can hit twice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Maybe a wee bit harsh but i can fully understand their feelings about Miss French. She is a media whore and will go to any lengths to get her puss photographed and in a newspaper or on tv. I'm sick to death of seeing her orange tinged, tanned to within an inch of her life, face looking out at me when i open a paper or magazine.

Don't read rags then. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    I did not see it myself but i was told today that there was a picture of her in yesterdays Sunday World getting out of a car at her birthday. She is apparently going commando and the picture leaves nothing to the imagination with her privates are on parade.... Now she knew full well there would be photographers there (as she normally tips them off herself) so she obviously planned to whole thing knowing it would get her in the papers again.

So what? Who's to blame anyway? Katy French who wants the attention or the media who give it to her... or the morons who read their papers/magazines?
    Its all just a bit sickening at this stage that the girl is that desperate for publicity. No doubt if she does recover it will generate further column inches for her and lead to even greater exposure of her. She is a pretty pathetic figure in my eyes.

I would agree that she's not exactly top of my respectability list as she has no discernable talent to speak of. But generally models don't - all they're really supposed to do is look pretty. That's their job.

Has it ever occurred to you that the reason Katy French is in all these magazines and papers is because people like you are buying them?

I know very little about Katy French. Maybe she's bitchy and bad natured - but it would seem, Fozzy Bear, that so are you. I don't really see the difference between bitchy celebrity types and the idiots that read about them (and then consequently bitch about "having" to read about them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

kelle wrote: »
    I was just reading about her yesterday in the magazine supplement to the Daily Mail, and in it she said she had taken cocaine in the past, but doesn't now and was warning others to stay away from it.
    well, she'd hardly admit to being a coke fiend, would she?*

*not that i have any reason to believe she is, but an 'i don't indulge in *insert illegal activity*' statement in the press is meaningless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

daveirl wrote: »

Funny, I read the Times and I don't remember seeing her in it. Eyes must have selectively passed over the picture/article. I have a habit of not reading stuff that I'm not the least bit interested in. You must really have a pathetic chip on your shoulder to be calling a woman you don't even know a 'daft bint' and a 'muppet'. Classy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭ivorygal

I heard Katy French being interviewed on the Drivetime Programme on 2fm a couple of months ago. I have to say I was blown away by how eloquent she was - especially for a 23 year old. Like a lot of people I had seen her pictures in the Sunday Independent, Evening Herald etc etc and had built up a negative image of her in my mind. Hearing her speak, listening to her views I had to admit that my preconceptions of her were way off base.

As a model, the better known she is the more she's going to be booked for modeling assignments. It's in her best interest to have people talking about her and to be seen in the papers - it's her career. She's been incredibly savvy if you think about it she has created a talkability factor around her - we're all on this forum talking about her now.

The RTE news at 9 featured Katy as their fourth ranked story -which is significant. It's significant in that the news editors at RTE felt that the people of Ireland would be interested in this story and sadly, I would speculate, that Katy is in a gravely serious condition they know about and are currently unable to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CALI

sadly, I would speculate, that Katy is in a gravely serious condition they know about and are currently unable to report.[/QUOTE]

I would agree....

Still no word on any improvement or anything at all then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

was told by a friend that its pretty bad
    dunno how true it is but a machine is keeping her alive......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

ivorygal wrote: »
    sadly, I would speculate, that Katy is in a gravely serious condition they know about and are currently unable to report.
    CALI wrote: »
    I would agree....
    roughan wrote: »
    was told by a friend that its pretty bad
    dunno how true it is but a machine is keeping her alive......
    Jesus, enough of the stupid rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

If she was very serious, she wouldn't be kept in Navan.

Unless of course, there's no hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I don't know the girl, I don't particularly like her media persona, but I do feel very sorry for her family if she is gravely ill, and would hope that she recovers. Whoever she is in the media (remember, most people in the media construct a public persona for themselves), she's still someone's daughter, sister, niece, friend - those people deserve a bit of respect too. I can't imagine the fact that anyone in my family was gravely ill being plastered all over the media would give me any comfort, should the situation arise. If she has chosen to court the media as her main means of providing herself with a living, so be it, but surely all the ill wishes being tossed around as her illness is discussed will do more harm than good should she NOT pull through?

If you want to speculate on her personality, perhaps doing so might be more prudently reserved until she's declared well enough to not care about what you think, again? Otherwise your barbs or frustration at who she portrays herself to be may merely add to the suffering of those to whom she is someone dear. Just my two cents. (Keep the change.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Katy French watch:

08:50: Some goy pulls up in a '99 Jag outside the Hospital.
    His chino's so don't match his dubes, stay tuned to TV3 for more shortly.

• Advertisement

Katy French Watch:

08:50 - Andrea Roche emerges into car park only to be pounced on by press.
    "Can you turn around, come back and start the interviews again she asks, she's clearly had a tough day......."

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

If anyone has the Sunday Indo have a look at the back page of the Living(?) section I think its the Double Edge, they were talking about her party on Saturday night and quite clearly talking about her cocaine use.
    And again if you look at todays paper online, similar in the last paragraph,

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/model-katy-still-fighting-for-her-life-1236234.html

news stories now have the life-support machine and heart attack.....if you play with fire expect to get burnt...

From breakingnews.ie........

04/12/2007 - 08:29:08

Concern is growing for model Katy French, who is understood to be in a critical condition in hospital after falling ill at a party during the weekend.

The 24-year-old was reportedly rushed to hospital in Navan in the early of Sunday morning after collapsing at a friend's house in Ashbourne.

Reports this morning say is on a life-support machine and showed no sign of improvement over the course of yesterday.

The cause of her illness is unknown, but media reports this morning claim she may have had a heart attack.

A HSE spokesman is quoted describing her condition as "very serious".

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

It is very strange that her family and friends are refusing to comment on what is wrong with her. This is the girl who reveals everything about her personal life to the papers after all.

sssshhhhhhhhhh, we can't be talking about Cocaine use in this country.
    Tis taboo ya know, the upper/middle classes have no problem with being laced with the stuff as long as they are safe from the health dangers and the criminal gangs.

I'm sure we'll see an outcry from the very people that created this monster, the Independent news group, the irony.

Katy French Watch:

09:45 - Some ugly ginger bloke enters hospital car park claiming to be a journalist who knows the star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

dude, you're feckin hilarious, please please keep posting your comedy stylings.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

ang wrote: »
    It is very strange that her family and friends are refusing to comment on what is wrong with her.

eh, because it's not her job too be 'seriously ill'.
    Being a model in Ireland, she knew that most of her private life and lifestyle would be under the spotlight, and could be used to boost her profile in the Irish modelling scene.

At the moment, friends and family now want the total opposite to what she normally endures. She is at he most vunerable, and that's when you want to shy away and hide, but it's when everyone really wants to look.

I don't 'hate' these models, but you have to admit to the large part they play in celebrity, showbiz and media circles... this being the reason I posted it here, and not in AH. If I put it there, it'd be full of anti-katy / model posts, which aren't needed in this case.

The truth will eventually come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

as the post I was replying to has been deleted, I'll just say this. If you have a source to say that she's ill because of drugs, or even that it's heart-related, by all means, link to them here. Anything else is hearsay, and uncalled for.

IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I'm going to spell this out for the cheap seats in the back - No more potentially libelous speculation about what happened to Katy French.

Have a bit more cop on than that folks. I've already had to delete, edit and ban far too many people. I don't want to close this thread but I will if the current levels of muppetry continue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement