Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy French in a critical condition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm a well informed individual, who is studying law- and everyone but the blind has read about it at this stage to be fair, and I am active on other Irish message boards that have pasted links about the story- now stop sniffing, because there is nothing to find.

Bully for you.

I'm not even slightly interested in what you do outside this site or how you think it should be run.
    We have rules here and you will abide by them or leave.

If I see anymore gip from you, I'll site ban you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

site banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Sweet talk will get you everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Spicy123

It seems Katy is still critical, her condition has not changed throughout the night.

Had to delete, only read back on the thread now and what I've been saying could be trouble...sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Stargal has some more tidying up to do, I'm sure she'll be thrilled :)

Now, on-topic, has anyone heard anything else about her condition? Katy, not Stargal. :)

EDIT: Thanks for the update Spicy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Romero

I wonder if it has anything to do with that photoshoot she did a couple of months ago where she jumped into a pond and got very sick from it, could have got some kind of rat virus or something and its only hit her badly now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Spicy123 wrote: »
    Does anyone here believe that her situation could have been brought on by a genuine illness or is everyone convinced that it has something to do with drugs?

We've been told not to speculate about her illness, so don't.

Wait until the truth comes out, then we can discuss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

No change r3nu4l

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

It's what's not being said that speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Spicy123

As above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's what's not being said that speaks volumes.
    I'm not sure. I'm sure her PR guy was straight in there weighing up the options. Chances are the medical personnel know very little except what actually happened - that is, if she had a heart attack as reported, then the doctors treating her know that's what happened, they may not know what caused it or why it happened.
    So in that case, if the family come out and say, "All we know is that she suffered a major heart attack at the party", her career is gone - media rumours would abound. If she did take drugs, then they're not going to say it.

As far as I can see, the media have done a good job of cushioning her, by bringing up her comments at her birthday party re: antibiotics and a kidney infection. If she wasn't drinking because of antibiotics and assuming that she's as intelligent as you all give her credit for (I've never seen her on TV) then why would she take anything else while on antibiotics?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

[QUOTE=seamus;54580468.
    So in that case, if the family come out and say, "All we know is that she suffered a major heart attack at the party", her career is gone [/QUOTE]

Don't know about that, look at Kate Moss, yeah she lost a few contracts over doing coke but now she seems to be doing better than ever.. I'm not condoning it but it seems to have given her more of an 'edge' for want of a better word.. That's if she pulls through of course.. which I hope she does..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

xzanti wrote: »
    Don't know about that, look at Kate Moss, yeah she lost a few contracts over doing coke but now she seems to be doing better than ever..

Can't really compare the Kate Moss story to this. That was such a PR stunt by the tabloids and her agency, it was unbelievable. As you rightly said, she lost a few contracts (but many were really just 'on hold' or reviewed) and then she was snapped up for bigger and better things. That story was the best thing that happened to her career ironically.

This seems like a total tragedy brought on by circumstances yet unknown.
    TV3 this morning said she was in a 'medically induced coma', which doesn't bode well for her health at all if she get's over the worst and can regain conciousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

I dont want to speculate but kidney infections can be really serious.

I quite liked her on the Celebrities Go Wild programme. She came across as smart, eloquent and up for a challenge.

I dont read the sindo or the red tops so dont know much about that side of her public persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

whiskeyman wrote: »
    This seems like a total tragedy brought on by circumstances yet unknown.
    TV3 this morning said she was in a 'medically induced coma', which doesn't bode well for her health at all if she get's over the worst and can regain conciousness.

My dad was in a medically induced coma following bypass surgery, this state allows the body to recover without putting extra stress on the body, he was 73 and pulled through after a few days being in a coma. Katy is young and hopefully that will stand to her, it's a horrible time for the family, the waiting and not knowing, we need to stand by them quietly and will her, in our thoughts, not to give up the fight. Stop the bitchin, it's not helpful and is very negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

greine wrote: »
    My dad was in a medically induced coma following bypass surgery, this state allows the body to recover without putting extra stress on the body, he was 73 and pulled through after a few days being in a coma. Katy is young and hopefully that will stand to her,

I was in a medically induced coma and pulled through no issues last year (I was 19). I think it was for 6 days after surgery on my brain and I woke up soon after they ceased the inducing medication. If anything I would take that as a positive sign that she is being let recover as stress free as possible. I don't really know anything about Ms. French but I hope she pulls through, regardless of the circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 nakedlykeenthen

Regardless of who you are or what you happen to do as a career i dont think anyone in such a serious condition like this should be mocked.
    I wish her a full recovery and my thoughts are with her family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TrollPatrol

Agreed, sympathy and best wishes are extended. I think everyones concern is that this sympathy will be exploited in the long term. I for one hope she has a change of lifestyle like Paris Hilton did and becomes an ambassador for Hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

While I am sure we all wish her well, I think it is absolutely disgusting that Ireland has turned into a society where it is a 'B' listed celeb that makes our county's hospital hit the headlines and have media camped outside it

Navan Hospital has made many a headline in the past number of years as it's future is very much in the balance. Not to mention procedures are being cancelled every day of the week. Yet while it has received much local media attention and it's fair share of national coverage, this is has been far less in proportion to that of the recent media storm brewed due to its current "celebrity" visitor.

It beggars the question of what is really important to us as in Irish society

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

katy who??????? gives a toss!!!

• Advertisement

mox54 wrote: »
    katy who??????? gives a toss!!!

In fairness this is a forum dedicated "celebrities", if you don't like it don't come in here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I find it slightly ironic that some people on here and other threads moaned about all the publicity Katy got. They fail to see that albeit to a lesser extent they're doing a similar thing, publicising their opinions on an internet message board.

She wrote a piece about a trip to Africa for Goal a while back and also a couple of columns in the SIndo's life magazine. They seemed intelligent, eloquently written and original. I think the girl is underselling herself and should aim to do more of the charity stuff and writing. And I hope she pulls through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Thats sick, but what you'd expect from the likes of the celeb rats, who probably rang their PR people before they rang 999.

I dont think she's anywhere near the level of the forehead, in regards to public hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

DesF and tbh are going to be keeping an eye on this thread for the rest of the day cos I'm up to my eyes in work, so just a warning to everyone to be good! Those guys are hardasses...
    xzanti wrote:
    In fairness this is a forum dedicated "celebrities", if you don't like it don't come in here
    QFT :)

According to today's Herald... "Medics are preparing to bring her out of the coma".. So things may be looking up for her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

xzanti wrote: »
    According to today's Herald... "Medics are preparing to bring her out of the coma".. So things may be looking up for her..
    :) That's a relief to read - I hope things are looking up for her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RobertaHQ

You know what, as much as I personally loath media whores such as Ms French; She is only 24 and she has family and friends who will all suffer if she doesn't pull through this, so obvioously my thoughts are with them.

HOWEVER, I really do not want to see the girl attempting to write books on how she survived or selling countless stories, video diaries on her after treatment.

Its everyone else who'll suffer at the end of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

RobertaHQ wrote: »
    You know what, as much as I personally loath media whores such as Ms French; She is only 24 and she has family and friends who will all suffer if she doesn't pull through this, so obvioously my thoughts are with them.

HOWEVER, I really do not want to see the girl attempting to write books on how she survived or selling countless stories, video diaries on her after treatment.

Its everyone else who'll suffer at the end of this

You just know she will though, that's a definite if she does get over this. She'll be more famous than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RobertaHQ

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/doctors-to-shut-off-katy-ventilator-for-third-time-1238717.html

I see they are finally talking about the cocaine speculation, although still saying nothing is official.

I certainly won't be queueing up to buy her book, if it was (and I'm not saying it was....but eh hello) a drug induced incident then I think people should have very little sympathy for her if she pulls through - especially given her article on how she's not a part of that scene these days only a week ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

Stargal wrote: »
    DesF and tbh are going to be keeping an eye on this thread for the rest of the day cos I'm up to my eyes in work, so just a warning to everyone to be good! Those guys are hardasses...

QFT :)

I would hate to be a moderator of this thread and all the other ones in regards to Kathy French . The amout of crap they have had to delete over the past few days because of some really cruel comments..

Well done moderators!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement