Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: December 2007

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Damp old evening, currently 9.7°C with 7.8mm rain so far.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Up to 12.2mm now.
    Someone remind me what time of year it is?
    Must be the first winter ever in my living memory that the Wicklow mountains had no lying snow even on the highest peaks.
    Whats worse is that if anyone thinks there's some coming soon their living in fantasy land :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wet windy mild all day.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Hmmm, a very seasonal 11.2c outside :rolleyes: SW'ly wind, gusting up to 12-15mph. Rain fall for the past 24hrs has been 17.6mm with 0.5mm in the last hour.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

12.4c at present here now - like a chilly summers day! Quite windy, gusts up to 40mph overnight.

12.3mm of rain in the last 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Wild night indeed.
    12.9c atm and sun is poking through now.

The wind has'nt let up for about 36 hours at this stage. It might brighten later.

Mike.

Balmy at 13.9c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Front just came through.

It went 'bang'. Quite impressive noise without thunder.

Gale force easterlies with heavy hail.

Brightness for about 20 mins, its closed in again with showers.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Darwin

Absolutely torrential downpour passing overhead now with hail at the back end

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Huge shower here in the last hour with lightning and thunder. 3.3mm. Has been very windy here all day but the wind really dropped off at the back end of the shower!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Have shower here, almost 3C temp drop, from 9.6 to 6.9C

Temp drop pretty dramatic here too, down to 5.8°C here, thats almost normal late December temps!
    Rain since midnight here 8.4mm, been raining and drizzling here for almost two days now

Just look at this temperature chart for here!!
    OutsideTempHistory.gif

Don't often see the temp drop like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Similar drop in temp here, down from a high of 11.6C to 5.7C now.

Total of 5.2mm of rain for today, with most of that (4.1mm) in one downpour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭arctictree

5.0c here now. Down from a high of 11.2 earlier. Met.ie are mentioning wintry showers over high ground. A drop of a few degrees still required for that. I drove from Galway today. Was circa 12c all the way across the country.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temp down to 7.1C here with snow showers crossing the country according to NW, likely:p

I can see the precip approaching on the radar :

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Dont think its cold enough here to snow (4c ATM) but there could be snow on the mountain tops...

A

As the day started, it shall be ended.

Mike.

Any snow up there Arctictree or Longfield? I presume not, as you'd be posting on here if there was. 5.1C here with moderate rain, thought that would make it near cold enough for snow up there. More heavy/wintry showers to come into the early hours of the morning.

• Advertisement

trogdor wrote: »
    Any snow up there Arctictree or Longfield? I presume not, as you'd be posting on here if there was. 5.1C here with moderate rain, thought that would make it near cold enough for snow up there. More heavy/wintry showers to come into the early hours of the morning.

Nope, 3.3c here and just gone clear. I think it would need to be a degree or two colder (not going into DP's etc). Maybe early in the morning we might get a shower...

A

trogdor wrote: »

I wish, tis 3.7°C here right now and dry.
    If it was snowing here i'd be posting pictures of my car with melting snow and generally posing like crazy

Maybe the mountaintops saw some action though, will be nice to see in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Gone pretty windy out there! W'ly wind gusting up to 20/30mph, highest so far was 39.3mph!

Current temp of 4.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Well it's sleeting here now at 2.0c
    Came back from Navan there and it was sleeting heavily most of the way- very very wet flakes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Probably not accurate but the netweather precip-type radar is showing snow showers over the midlands of ireland at the moment.

Heavy hail bout an hour ago.

Very stormy out, I couldnt sleep with the noise outside. Currently 4.2°C

Was woken up a few times by the wind last night, max gust was 67.5km/hr at 5:47 but it's gusting very close to that again now. Just had a gust of 64.8km/hr. Highest mean wind speeds are coming in now as well, 10 min wind speed atm is 43.5km/hr.

Sun and (relative) calm here. The wind is about but in gusts rather than steady blow-mode. A few degrees cooler.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Windy,
    10min mean up to 29mph, gust 49mph, equal highest of month.

Advertisement