Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: December 2007

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

You made a new thread:eek:

Wow that one had been around for ages!

Its cold and very windy! Thats all i know;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

4.1c here, windy and clear. Where's my favorite thread gone??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Boo-urns etc.

Was fine but a huge wedge of very dark cloud has moved over us, Independence Day style. No death-rays but could be some serious rain in few mins.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

arctictree wrote: »
    4.1c here, windy and clear. Where's my favorite thread gone??!!

I decided to have a monthly current weather tread, should make looking back at exciting months easier rather than having to trail through bajillions of pages years old.
    Lets hope the January 2008 tread will be one worth revisiting in the future!

Back on topic its raining moderately here and pretty dark overhead. 3.0mm rain so far with a current temp of 5.4°C, wonder if its snowing around Sally Gap?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote: »
    I decided to have a monthly current weather tread, should make looking back at exciting months easier rather than having to trail through bajillions of pages years old.
    Lets hope the January 2008 tread will be one worth revisiting in the future!

Back on topic its raining moderately here and pretty dark overhead. 3.0mm rain so far with a current temp of 5.4°C, wonder if its snowing around Sally Gap?

Yes, good idea - makes sense.

5.0c here, rainy and windy but also some blue skies around. Better than just mild, damp drizzly weather.

Maybe we could have a sticky thread about the current 2 week forecasts as I'm always unsure where to put info about that? Anyway, I've been looking at the charts for the last few weeks and its all been about Atlantic wet and windy weather. The first gliimmer of hope is the forecast from todays forecast from ECMWF :

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/charts/medium/deterministic/msl_uv850_z500!Wind%20850%20and%20mslp!216!Europe!pop!od!oper!public_plots!2007120100!!/

Although the GFS totally disagrees. Yes, I know its in FI but at least its something!!

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

Thunder and lightening here.
    Power went off with the last one for a few seconds. About 20min ago. Very heavy hail shower just after. Also very windy.
    Ox mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Currnet Conditions for Co Galway.

Cloudy. Heavy Rain. Mild.

6.7 c / 91%rh

987.8 mb falling very rapidly.

Today's Max. 7.2c

Today was one of the more interesting days of the last few weeks. This morning started with frequent showers. These turned increasingly thundery from the late morning onwards. One thunderstorm knocked my power out this afternoon. The Lightning around 6pm this evening was epic. A storm just south of here in Galway city, coupled with a seperate storm (with forked lightning) that moved down from Mayo, gave me around half an hour gave a very vivid display in the darkness. Thunder rumbled continually (though no direct hit). It was deadly.
    It is good too know that we are getting our west of Ireland weather back again, I thought it had gone forever!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

7.4mm rain fell this morning. Very squally but bright now.
    Temp around 9.4c.
    Pressure 981.9mb and falling rapidly.

Currently 8.4°C with pretty gusty winds here, 6.9mm rain since midnight but is pretty sunny with maybe 1-2 octas coverage.
    Yesterday was the windiest day since my station was installed in June, and today had the lowest barometric pressure since then also 981.2hPa

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Sun and wind, pretty gusty out there, showers this afternoon by the looks of it.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Very gusty here this morning, with some very heavy showers of rain. Although it has calmed a little bit.

Currently snowing heavily here in manhattan and -7c :D

Theres about 2 inches on the ground already and rock hard ice!

Baby.... it's cold outside... brrrrr!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Miserable, wet, windy and feeling bitter outside even tho its 8C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Absolutely miserable day- cold rain and very windy. I usually don't mins windy days but when it's combined with frigid rain falling horizontally it's awful.

Took a little spin up the mountains this afternoon. Was 4.5°C at Sally Gap and the wind was unreal. I tried to take some snaps but couldn't stand up straight due to the wind as it was so strong and cold, it was difficult to even breath properly. Some nutters were out cycling though, very very hardy souls.

8.4mm rain so far today and totally cloudy with more showers looming.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is the type of weather I really hate, its feeling much colder than it is, lots of rain and wind cant go outside properly, yet its nowhere near cold enough for snow. I would much rather see 12C-15C and dry days for the majority of winter with a couple of very cold easterly plunges in between delivering some falls of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Miserable out, lashing rain, temp 7.2c and a W'ly wind which has died down a lot from earlier, now only gusting up to 5-8mph

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Like Longfield, recorded my lowest ever pressure of 982.0hPa thing morning around 7:30.

Clear and cool here now, wind has died off too, temp 4.1c.

Very windy here and cool here today. At least its bright though. 7.0c here ATM

Sunny and cool but not bad.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Current Conditions for Galway.

Cloudy. Occasional Light Rain. Mild.

7.3c / 90%rh

1009.0 mb falling slowly.

Today's Max: 8.8c

Today was not a bad day. Apart from a few heavy showers earlier on, it was bright and sunny. Cloudy later on with some very light rain. Not much temperature variation today, with the current 7c only a degree down from todays max.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Quite balmy here this morning. Currently 13.2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

My record Dec max could go today.
    Temp steadily rising, now 13.7C, 14.4C to beat.

13.9c

Now 14.2C, looks like I'll see 15C, especially as the sun although weak looks like it may make an appearance.

Wet, mild.

Mike.

Little bit of sunshine,
    Maxed at 14.6C, dropped a little since, now 14.3C
    If the wind which is currently SSW could veer just a little then a foehn conditions could occur and push temp up by a degree or 2, but I don't think that'll happen today

I see there's a gale at belmullet.

New December record for Belmullet 14c

previous record of 13.5c for the month!

New December record for Belmullet 14c

previous record of 13.5c for the month!

Not so, this is the max for the 1961 to 1990 period, and was recorded in 1979.
    Higher temp (than 13.5C) has been recorded in
    1994 13.6C
    1998 14.9C

Source is somewhere on CSO site

• Advertisement

Some more sunshine pushed the AWS to 15.0C

Advertisement