Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: December 2007

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭arctictree

2.1c here. The frost tonight seems to be from a line north of Dublin.....

A

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Down now to -3.2C here, dodgy cycle home over all those ice patches from people defrosting their cars earlier!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-1.5c here now.

I wonder how slow or how quickly that rain front will move in overnight;)

Nice thought but will not loose any sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its turned very mild, as the wind has picked up.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

DOCARCH wrote: »
    -1.5c here now.

I wonder how slow or how quickly that rain front will move in overnight;)

Nice thought but will not loose any sleep!

Forget about any thoughts of brief snow, these cool temperatures are purely the result of surface cooling. If it was a bit windier we would see temps around 8°C+ with 850 temps like present.

This means that any stuff falling from the sky is going to be long melted before it hits the cooler air near the surface here.

At best we may see some rain freezing on impact for a short time making roads tricky, even this isn't freezing rain proper (the rain won't be supercooled).

Snow is a long long way away from this setup unfortunately.
    Yours truely,

A grumpy Longfield,

Stratus muck is denying me my frost tonight!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

There was a snow shower in Castledermot last night!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

-3/-4C

severe ice outside. Ratoath and Dunshaughlin is a skating ring. The pavements are covered in ice with ice in between all the cracks and bricks in the ground, it looks like a very light dusting of snow in places there is so much of it. Shame this will all be well gone by the morning. Our best display of a frosty day in 15 years I reckon and thats no exaggeration.

Up to 4.2°C here now, warmest of the day.
    Looks like the warm air is moving up north quickly.
    Enjoy the frost those who still have it , its going to be gone soon :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Temp rising quickly now here, up to -2.2C from -3.8C in the past 20 mins or so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This is some warm front... -4C here and +10C in the southwest. If the warm front was to stay out we wuda easily reached -8 tonight I reckon.

Cloud starting to form now:( I reckon the temps are on the rise from now on here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Gonzo wrote: »
    This is some warm front... -4C here and +10C in the southwest. If the warm front was to stay out we wuda easily reached -8 tonight I reckon.

Cloud starting to form now:( I reckon the temps are on the rise from now on here.

Yip - temp. up to -0.8c now from a low of -1.7c earlier. Intermitant cloud now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

6.1c here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

My -7c recorded this morning was definitely accurate as the car thermo agreed, as did gonzo in nearby dunshaughlin. Today was a fantastic day in Dublin too- beautiful skies and seasonably cold. Ground in shade was frozen all day too and on way into town I noticed there was a thin layer of ice on the canal. I dont know about it being the best frost day in 15 years Gonzo (i remember a couple of days with freezing fog and proper hoar frost with ice on the stream near my house) but it was certainly a wonderful day.

-3.0c here btw, I think it's getting milder now and some higher level cloud has moved in :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

6.2C, nearly back to max of day.
    Cloudy

1.5mm of rain! That was hardly worth getting rid of the cold weather for. :mad: Bye bye winter for the forseeable.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    1.5mm of rain!

Same amount here. Temp up to 9.7C, now back below 9C

Dublin AP got down to -3.7C last night

-13C in Scotland last night, and thats without snow cover.

Temp here 6.4°C down from 8.5°C before the front passed.
    Beautiful clear crisp day, should be another nice frost tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heavy shower early this morning (it woke me up), now clear and sunny. Crisp.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭arctictree

5.0c here, bright crisp day after some rain last night. First morning in about a week that I didn't have to break the ice in the drinkers in the chicken pen!

A

• Advertisement

Longfield wrote: »
    Beautiful clear crisp day, should be another nice frost tonight.

And I've been looking longingly to my west for your clear sky. I'm just seeing the first sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Fantastic day here,not near as cold as yesterday.
    7.6c atm
    1mm rain

2.6mm of rain this morning, sunny now with a temp of 6.3C in a light westerly breeze.

Broken sunshine. Its been clear overhead all day, but where the sun is, to the south is fairly cloudy.
    max 10C has just fallen below 9C

I may see another air frost tonight, though only expecting -1C as apposed to the -3s of recent nights.

The clouds overhead today are more cumulus in nature so should fade away after dark (I hope), about three octas cloud coverage here right now.

Hopefuly the frost will last into the morning as I want to go out and get some frosty snaps.

Mothman, I dunno, any wind will be from the west, and this air is actually colder aloft than the air which gave the good frosts recently and no doubt ground temps are depressed, I wouldnt be surprised to see you down around -3°C again .

Mothman, I dunno, any wind will be from the west, and this air is actually colder aloft than the air which gave the good frosts recently and no doubt ground temps are depressed, I wouldnt be surprised to see you down around -3°C again .

It will be certainly clear.
    I'm not expecting it to be flat calm, and so the cold air won't pool.
    If it is flat calm, then nothing will stop the temp falling to -3C.
    It depends on the breeze.
    Still 9C ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Wind is pretty light here and the temp has already fallen down to 7.6C from a high of 10.1C earlier

tropical compared to yesterday, 7C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

The clouds overhead today are more cumulus in nature so should fade away after dark (I hope), about three octas cloud coverage here right now.

Hopefuly the frost will last into the morning as I want to go out and get some frosty snaps.

Was travelling down the M1 and could see the clouds over Wicklow mtns.More stratus form and with cirrostratus,basically tomorrows weather.

Clear and quite chilly here 6.8c.Wind from a west direction

• Advertisement

Yep, damn stratus has reached here, mostly cloudy now and temperature not falling much.
    Hope this crap clears away.

Advertisement