Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions: December 2007

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Skies are clearing now , yay!
    Temp now falling nicely, currently 4.3°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

God damn its cold out!! Just after doing some work in the garden and my two feet are froze! :rolleyes:

Currently 3.9c here, a clear sky and a very bright clear, almost full moon too, nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Winds are very light from the west.
    AWS at 4.8c but the mercury thermo now at 3.5c

Slow temperature drop continues, skies now clear but there is a light breeze, currently 3.2°C.

Hopefully by tomorrow morning there will be an air frost and with the breeze it will to be a pretty penetrating one, at least I hope so - I'm looking forward to walking around taking some pics.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Slow drop here too.
    2.8c on the mercury and there is a bit of ice forming on the decking from this mornings rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭arctictree

1.2c here now. Would be nice to go negative. That would be 7 days with an air frost this month, 8 if it continued after midnight. Frost already on the grass here...

A

Just took a stroll outside, roofs are reflecting white in the moonlight and the grass crunches underfoot.
    Temp continues to drop slowly, don't think its gong to make subzero before midnight (to give me a sixth day in a row with subzero temps) but it might by sunrise tomorrow morning.
    Its a perfect winters night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not a cloud, you could read by moonlight (big print edition), exposed cars iced over.

Mike.

Down to -0.5c here, calm and perfectly clear. And I thought the last of our frosty nights left with the easterly...

A

Currently 0.8°C, frosty everywhere.

If only snow was on the horizon.. (its not..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

1.6c here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Frost beginning to form here, clear, moonlit night.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

0.7c here, falling steady now the last hour. not a cloud in the sky!

Temp down to 1.7c but rising in the last 10mins as the wind has picked up a tad now 2.2c.

0.1°C here, should be nice frost by morning, is all white outside now :)

Just went -0.1°C, six days in a row with sub zero , thats a nice cold snap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Still on course for sub zero,
    Though not without hiccups.
    Down to 2.4C at 1820, then back above 5C, and slowly falling since,
    Currently 3.1C

Just noticed, wind has dropped.
    I should see a quicker drop in temp now.

-0.3°C here.
    Slow temp fall, not going to beat -3°C tonight (maybe -2c).
    Should be good for pics tomorrow morning

2.1c
    LOL, I was 7 seconds too quick in trying to post this message after my last message. This never could happen in my dial-up days.
    And now temp is 1.9C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

struggling to go under 0.0c here. really bugging me. hovering between 0.0 and 0.2 for the last 40 mins!!

Damomanye wrote: »
    struggling to go under 0.0c here. really bugging me. hovering between 0.0 and 0.2 for the last 40 mins!!
    :D
    Recalibrate the thermometer:p

1.8C with a sub zero dewpoint

1.7c from the mercury.Has been stuck at this temp now for awhile.
    My low temp this week was -0.0c from the unsheilded thermo while the mercury got down to 0.1c.
    Id trust the mercury over the other thermo's in thses conditions so not quite a subzero temp for me all week but maybe tonight?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

+0.7c here at the moment. Hit +0.3c a couple of times overnight but no lower.

Mothman wrote: »

I may see another air frost tonight, though only expecting -1C as apposed to the -3s of recent nights.

I had a look at AWS min of -1.2C and had very smug look :p
    Got tempered a bit as screen min is -1.5C. Was sub zero for only 2 hours and the timing of min was just after the only calm 5 minutes all night.
    Grass min -6.8C and the lake looks more frozen than 2 mornings ago. The swans have a very small area ice free.

Longfield will be filling his lungs with the lovely crispy icy air taking plenty of snaps of the winter wonderland.

WOOT! -0.6c my first subzero of the season:rolleyes:
    But apparently the AWS is 1.8c
    Mercury -0.6c
    unsheilded -0.5c
    Very icy around here after the rain yesterday.

Temp soared 2c around 0700 but fell just as quick.Wind is blowing from the SE and looks the cause of the increase and was on course to record lower temps around here.

Mothman wrote: »
    Longfield will be filling his lungs with the lovely crispy icy air taking plenty of snaps of the winter wonderland.

You got that right!
    I'm just back from a walk, the light isnt great so not sure how the snaps turned out, will upload a couple later.
    Everywhere is a lovely white, it really is a winter wonderland.
    Overnight got down to -2.2°C but its rising fast now in the breeze, currently 2.4°C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Clouded over here at some point, result no frost, its not even cold.

Mike.

Hit -2.4c last night.

Thats 8 air frosts recorded in Dec here.

My weather station records daily extremes from midnight to midnight. So last nights frost would have counted as 2 days as it went over the midnight boundary. Met eireanns system I think is more accurate, where they measure from 9 to 9 (I think).

A

• Advertisement

Temp has risen 4c in the last hour now at 6.6c
    Wind South at 5 mph

Advertisement