Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭brotherrabbit

Well
    I was order of malta and im its not gonna be a issue. also have serving friends on CD and GR, der is no issues its just alot to take on your self

• Registered Users Posts: 3 banghan

Hi all,
    just letting you all know that the next intake is in september, most of you's probably know by now but there's two classes in that month!
    two classes of 40!

cheer's
    TI

hi
    i did my interview and written exam at 3 wks ago but wasn't successful , can i apply again for another try? and how long do i need to wait for next interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

banghan wrote: »
    hi
    i did my interview and written exam at 3 wks ago but wasn't successful , can i apply again for another try? and how long do i need to wait for next interview?

I think there has to be a 6month gap between when you last applied(when you sent the application) and when you send another one, im not 100% sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

Hey guys got a letter today to say I didnt get in.
    Completly devastated iv waited two years for this.
    Does anybody have any advice Im going ahead with appeal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

At what stage and for what reason was stated for your refusel

• Advertisement

At what stage and for what reason was stated for your refusel

It just says "having considered your application in accordance with regulation 5(2) garda commisioner would not accept you for admission as a garda reserve"..? any thoughts?

It just says "having considered your application in accordance with regulation 5(2) garda commisioner would not accept you for admission as a garda reserve"..? any thoughts?

At what stage were you at:
    A: you completed the written test
    B: you completed the BR checks
    C: you met with Chief/super/inspector
    D: you completed your medical

So which stage were you at ?

At what stage were you at:
    A: you completed the written test
    B: you completed the BR checks
    C: you met with Chief/super/inspector
    D: you completed your medical

So which stage were you at ?

Sorry munster misunderstood..
    I'm assuming it was the BR Checks or The Super interview(had that about a year ago) BR checks were on going up until last week when I called HQ.
    As far as im aware my WHOLE file including my super interview etc and my BR checks were sent to the commisioner who then refused my application.
    Iv never been in serious trouble in my life nor have my family so im lost?

Sorry munster misunderstood..
    I'm assuming it was the BR Checks or The Super interview(had that about a year ago) BR checks were on going up until last week when I called HQ.
    As far as im aware my WHOLE file including my super interview etc and my BR checks were sent to the commisioner who then refused my application.
    Iv never been in serious trouble in my life nor have my family so im lost?

Well, so to me the issues arose in the BR checks or/and the second interview... Going on the fact that you wouldn't have come across in the interview in a negative light (you are the only one that can reflect on this), I would assume that the problem may have being in the checks.

I know from other unsuccessful applicants at that stage, that it is quite difficult to attain a reason from the Reserve office why your application was refused!

Note: You mentioned that you weren't in serious trouble.... were you in just trouble before!

Well, so to me the issues arose in the BR checks or/and the second interview... Going on the fact that you wouldn't have come across in the interview in a negative light (you are the only one that can reflect on this), I would assume that the problem may have being in the checks.

I know from other unsuccessful applicants at that stage, that it is quite difficult to attain a reason from the Reserve office why your application was refused!

Note: You mentioned that you weren't in serious trouble.... were you in just trouble before!

I was arrested when i was about 16/17 and falsely accused of smashing somebody's window but nothing ever came of that but that is all i can think off??surely that wouldnt effect me?
    I have been advised by a number of guards who know me to appeal it as there very suprised as they know me well?
    Do you know of anybody who's appealed and the decision been over turned?

• Advertisement

I was arrested when i was about 16/17 and falsely accused of smashing somebody's window but nothing ever came of that but that is all i can think off??surely that wouldnt effect me?
    I have been advised by a number of guards who know me to appeal it as there very suprised as they know me well?
    Do you know of anybody who's appealed and the decision been over turned?

Never heard of anybody's appeal been overturned... but that's not saying there wasn't one!

Never heard of anybody's appeal been overturned... but that's not saying there wasn't one!

What exactly have you heard about the review process?

What exactly have you heard about the review process?

Don't know much about that process.. Sorry.
    Why don't you ring the Reserve Office... they will give you all the relevant information in that process.

Don't know much about that process.. Sorry.
    Why don't you ring the Reserve Office... they will give you all the relevant information in that process.

Iv done that so next step is a review of my application not the actual decision.as far as im aware i have an informal meeting with somebody up in hq and i can put my case forward then they decide whether a review will take place if they say no i can take it further and somebody else will review it..really nervous about the whole thing had my heart set on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Jaymacc

Hey guys. Just want to say thanks to all those who answered questions I had during the process. I passed my medical and am waiting for the letter to arrive!

I'm just wondering if anyone knows when I can expect to get into Templemore for training?

Thanks again. Good luck to eveyone else who are waiting. It took me a year to get this stage so fingers crossed for allof you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Iv done that so next step is a review of my application not the actual decision.as far as im aware i have an informal meeting with somebody up in hq and i can put my case forward then they decide whether a review will take place if they say no i can take it further and somebody else will review it..really nervous about the whole thing had my heart set on it..

Ah jeez Eliezer Powerful Signal I am sorry to hear your news here. Truly am. I hope your meeting in HQ goes okay for you & you let us know how that goes. It's the first time I have heard of something like that to be honest, an informal meeting in HQ to have your application reviewed i.e. When is that meeting for you?
    Best of Luck anyway :)

Jaymacc wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just want to say thanks to all those who answered questions I had during the process. I passed my medical and am waiting for the letter to arrive!

I'm just wondering if anyone knows when I can expect to get into Templemore for training?

Thanks again. Good luck to eveyone else who are waiting. It took me a year to get this stage so fingers crossed for allof you.

Well done you! When did you start your application? There is an in-take in September so you might be "invited to commence training" then. Bet you can't wait to start eh?!

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Ah jeez J.C I am sorry to hear your news here. Truly am. I hope your meeting in HQ goes okay for you & you let us know how that goes. It's the first time I have heard of something like that to be honest, an informal meeting in HQ to have your application reviewed i.e. When is that meeting for you?
    Best of Luck anyway :)

Well to be honest im not 100% on what the next step is but basically iv to apply in writing that if want to appeal the process (this is not a review of the decision)thats what they said? And what i could make from the what the girl said in hq i will then be asked to attend a meeting somewhere in Dublin (probably HQ)..what have u heard in relation to people appealing im a bit lost.Devastated i really dunno were it went wrong.

Well to be honest im not 100% on what the next step is but basically iv to apply in writing that if want to appeal the process (this is not a review of the decision)thats what they said? And what i could make from the what the girl said in hq i will then be asked to attend a meeting somewhere in Dublin (probably HQ)..what have u heard in relation to people appealing im a bit lost.Devastated i really dunno were it went wrong.

check your pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Jaymacc

Well done you! When did you start your application? There is an in-take in September so you might be "invited to commence training" then. Bet you can't wait to start eh?!

I started my application a year ago so I guess it was quick ish! I cant wait to get training and see what its like. Have you done it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Hey all!
    This might have been answered recently, but has the reserves reached it's full capacity yet or is it nearing it? (I think it's supposed to be 10% of the force)

I'm starting my application again so just wondering how many places are left and my chances of getting in:D

Jaymacc wrote: »
    I started my application a year ago so I guess it was quick ish! I cant wait to get training and see what its like. Have you done it? :)

Ah nice, yeah that it quick-ish alright, well done. Ah I'm just a rookie reserve myself, only graduated on the 15th July, but I'm loving every day of it since I first entered Templemore in February of this year.

spudz21 wrote: »
    Hey all!
    This might have been answered recently, but has the reserves reached it's full capacity yet or is it nearing it? (I think it's supposed to be 10% of the force)

I'm starting my application again so just wondering how many places are left and my chances of getting in:D

No the reserves have not yet reached capacity. The gates of Templemore are not closed to reserves just yet, still on-going with in-takes :)

Refresh my memory there will ya, what happened that you are starting your application again?

No the reserves have not yet reached capacity. The gates of Templemore are not closed to reserves just yet, still on-going with in-takes :)

Refresh my memory there will ya, what happened that you are starting your application again?

Good news so:D although I'd imagine the process has slowed down somewhat!

I applied in 09, passed interview stage, but didn't go further with the process due to work and then heading off travelling:D So now I'm back for round 2 after some thinking about it!:) think interviews are next month!

spudz21 wrote: »
    Good news so:D although I'd imagine the process has slowed down somewhat!

I applied in 09, passed interview stage, but didn't go further with the process due to work and then heading off travelling:D So now I'm back for round 2 after some thinking about it!:) think interviews are next month!

Hope you enjoyed your travels though, that has to be done! Best of Luck again this time round, hopefully more good news for you :)

Hope you enjoyed your travels though, that has to be done! Best of Luck again this time round, hopefully more good news for you :)

Thanks! I am looking forward to it:D Loved the travelling, tan is fading now though:(
    You're in and working away since I posted last in here, congrats:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Anybody know what the lower age limit is? I'm asking because somebody told me to lower limit is actually 30? That seems very odd.

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Anybody know what the lower age limit is? I'm asking because somebody told me to lower limit is actually 30? That seems very odd.

According to Conditions for Entry into the Garda Reserve "(4)the person is not less than 18, but under 60, years of age when commencing the prescribed training".

Have a look through this information booklet from publicjobs for more criteria and information.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

I'm really sorry to read that Eliezer Powerful Signal. Hope the appeal goes well for you, and make sure to let us know how you get on.

L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Altezza98

I was on to HQ to day, Was told I had been put on a list for October and may get good news in September. . :D All going well I hope I get called for Octobers intake :cool:

Advertisement