Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

Altezza98 wrote: »
    I was on to HQ to day, Was told I had been put on a list for October and may get good news in September. . :D All going well I hope I get called for Octobers intake :cool:
    When was your medical? :) thats great. Hopefully I will see you there. Not sure when I am registered for yet.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Jaymacc

Altezza98 wrote: »
    I was on to HQ to day, Was told I had been put on a list for October and may get good news in September. . :D All going well I hope I get called for Octobers intake :cool:

Thats great. When did you do your meical? Hope it goes well for you. Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Altezza98

I did it on the 6th of April 2011. I applied January 2010. Fingers crossed now I get the e-mail/call or what ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

It appears that it could be some time now before another batch of trainee Garda Reserves see inside Templemore :(

I hope you don't give up anyone who is waiting, keep the dream but most of all don't sit back waiting either. Keep up-skilling where possible and try not to let the wait take priority in your life.

Best of Luck to everyone who is waiting on an in-take, I'm hoping circumstances improve again very soon for everyone waiting in-takes or courses :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

kerry4sam wrote: »
    It appears that it could be some time now before another batch of trainee Garda Reserves see inside Templemore :(

I hope you don't give up anyone who is waiting, keep the dream but most of all don't sit back waiting either. Keep up-skilling where possible and try not to let the wait take priority in your life.

Best of Luck to everyone who is waiting on an in-take, I'm hoping circumstances improve again very soon for everyone waiting in-takes or courses :)

Really Kerry?do you have more info?

I have interview coming up soon and realise I'm at the back of a very long queue but are they planning on stopping intakes?
    I have no problem waiting:)

Ps Up the Dubs:p

• Advertisement

spudz21 wrote: »

I have interview coming up soon and realise I'm at the back of a very long queue but are they planning on stopping intakes?

up da dubs, you know what: It was some sight to see, Dublin did deserve to win to be fair, it was a long time coming :)

I'd wait for official word from the powers-that-be but cutbacks have extended further.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    up da dubs, you know what: It was some sight to see, Dublin did deserve to win to be fair, it was a long time coming :)

I'd wait for official word from the powers-that-be but cutbacks have extended further.

Very mysterious answer there!

I have a feeling that numbers are probably nearing capacity and recruitment has definitely slowed down significantly over the last while! Whether or not it will stop completely, I suppose will have to wait and see.

I hope I do get a chance at it but not the end of the world if I don't:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

If you need any clarification I would recommend you ring the GR office in HQ and ask them. Thanks a good luck... Oh, up the Dub's

Best of Luck in your up-coming interview spudz21 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Altezza98

I got my e-mail about training to day :D (happy out) Anyone else get anything, Would be nice to know someone else on the day ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Congrats!

Still waiting to hear from them regarding my start date. Who did the email come from? (PM the name if you can please) I'm hoping I haven't receieved it into my spam folder.

one2one wrote: »
    Congrats!

Still waiting to hear from them regarding my start date. Who did the email come from? (PM the name if you can please) I'm hoping I haven't receieved it into my spam folder.

It will arrive by e-mail from the Garda Reserve dept. in HQ, really shouldn't go into your spam folder though. You'd be the first I'd have heard that happening to if it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Goldielocks!!

Hi all!
    Just said I'd sign up and make a contribution.Im a serving Garda reserve with hope of joining full time,originally applied for full time in early '08 but was unsuccessful..wait for next campaign has been tough and perhaps wait of another few years but reserve experience has been positive and makes the wait alot easier. :0)

Apologies,think I've posted three times but the post is not showing up,I'm probably doing something wrong

Apologies,think I've posted three times but the post is not showing up,I'm probably doing something wrong

Hey, welcome to our Garda Reserve forum.

Don't worry about your duplicates, I just deleted two there for you. It can take some getting used to alright.

:)

Thanks for the welcome Kerryforsam...I'm from Cavan so I couldn't have a similar name to yours unfortunately!:D

Thanks for the welcome Kerryforsam...I'm from Cavan so I couldn't have a similar name to yours unfortunately!:D

Your welcome. Jeez I don't know about that. I mean if Dublin can win SAM then their is hope for everyone :p

How long are you in the Reserves now? I'm only attested since July this year myself!

That's mad I graduated in July also,middle of the month from what I remember around lunchtime!

That's mad I graduated in July also,middle of the month from what I remember around lunchtime!

ha ha! :D When did you start your initial training?

/ from what I remember though, it was all over by lunchtime ;)

Hi,
    Getting a bit ahead of myself here....but just doing some research:)I have 2 questions....

With regards to your form BR, this is done through your local station?

Then when you are stationed as a GR, does your preference account for anything (i.e. where you would like to be stationed)? and can you be put in your local station?

Thanks!

Note: 200th post woo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

With regards to your form BR, this is done through your local station?

Yes
    Then when you are stationed as a GR, does your preference account for anything (i.e. where you would like to be stationed)? and can you be put in your local station?

You will normally be put outside your own Garda district, and in country areas you will normallyoften be in the neighbouring Division. I dont know anybody in their own district (its possible though), and definately not their own station.

You dont get a form to pick and choose stations as such. It may perhaps be discussed with you over where you will be stationed (ie discussed in passing, not formally), and transfers are possible post graduation.

TylerIE wrote: »
    Yes

You will normally be put outside your own Garda district, and in country areas you will normally be in the neighbouring Division. I dont know anybody in their own district (its possible though), and definately not their own station.

You dont get a form to pick and choose stations as such. It may perhaps be discussed with you over where you will be stationed (ie discussed in passing, not formally), and transfers are possible post graduation.

Excellent, thanks for the quick response!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭gerarda

Posted off my application today, fingers crossed all goes well and I will be in blue!

gerarda wrote: »
    Posted off my application today, fingers crossed all goes well and I will be in blue!

PAS will get in touch with you when stage1 interview/report-writing will be held in one of your chosen areas.

Let us know how that goes for you though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭brotherrabbit

What's killing me is doing on to boards and reading people got called for training. Mdical done so I guess I just gotta hold the horses a little longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

What's killing me is doing on to boards and reading people got called for training. Mdical done so I guess I just gotta hold the horses a little longer
    mate listen its all about pactience i have waited nearly 5 years actaully confirmed the longest on the waiting waiting list and i got a call the other day for me medical so just sit tight once you get the call then your in business just dont let it get ya down i felt the same as u people saying this and that about how great it is in all but just think of it when your graduated in all keep the head up

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ghost86

Bilko, you must have family in every corner of the earth; 5 years, omg!

ghost86 wrote: »
    Bilko, you must have family in every corner of the earth; 5 years, omg!

Ha funny thing is i dont ha i dont no wat it was but anyway long wait till now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

folks how would someone go about joining the reserves?

• Advertisement

folks how would someone go about joining the reserves?

Goto: www.publicjobs.ie

information is all on there, then fill it out app form

Advertisement