Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭willit

kerry4sam wrote: »

For the record, I also done my stage1 in Cork, infact I was the only one there that day from Kerry, but sur their is always one :D

Not too sure how happy the Cork boys will be to see a Kerryman coming through the door after what we did this year :p

On another note, it's great to have a place like boards to come to for advice and help isnt it. What did we do before we had the interweb :o

Thanks to all that have given me help over the last while. Don't worry, I'll be coming back here for a long time to come picking your brains ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nurane

hi i have a question i am leaving in a refugee accommodation, and i have more than 4 years in Ireland, so can i apply for garda reserve?i got no status as a resident yet?thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭glhoran121

ya will be good surely i going down on the thursday night for the early start !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

Just an update for those who have been waiting around with no news for a while (a year in my case).

Rang Garda HQ in Phoenix Park today and they said that they had sent stuff out to my relatives and had not received it yet. Silly me didnt ask which "family" of mine hadnt bothered their a*se completing the thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

hi all:cool:

Starting on the 27 of nov. cant wait, looking forward to meeting you all:), we have to all set together for lunch and everyone else will be wondering how the hell do they all know each other:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Just a call from the local sergeant to go down and have a chat tomorrow. Thing is, he specifically said not to dress up or anything but that goes against anything on here!

What did the rest of you do/were ye specifically told not to bother doing anything extravagant? Any words of wisdom either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

sdonn wrote: »
    Just a call from the local sergeant to go down and have a chat tomorrow. Thing is, he specifically said not to dress up or anything but that goes against anything on here!

What did the rest of you do/were ye specifically told not to bother doing anything extravagant? Any words of wisdom either?

Just go in wearing something smart. Doesnt even have to be smart casual like a shirt. Think I just wore jeans and a jumper....nothing flash but not tracksuit either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

jazuz youd nearly be better starting from scratch at this stage!

youd probably end up down in Templemore quicker than those of us waiting 8mnths +! :(

sdonn wrote: »

hi
    i went in to see the sergeant and super. in a shirt, jumper, and jeans, that will do you, there is no need for a tie or any thing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

From the amount of sgt interviews being talked about on here looks like maybe they're trying to get the numbers up for the Nov intake maybe, wish my phone would start ringing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭barneycotter

Hey all met the sergant yesterday just to go through my application.what's the next step do I got to meet the super too? And if so what's that about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Just met my Sgt there, said he'd be passing the form up to an Inspector or Super within the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

It is good that their is some movement by people and that you are informing us here of such,

damn what I wouldn't give for a phone call to do my medical and head to Templemore on the 27th November :( I'm waiting 7months now for that call. I might give a call and see if someone will tell me anything about anything tomorrow.

redsurfer wrote: »
    hi all:cool:

Starting on the 27 of nov. cant wait, looking forward to meeting you all:), we have to all set together for lunch and everyone else will be wondering how the hell do they all know each other:D

ya will be good now hopefully you going down on the thursday ???

glhoran121 wrote: »
    ya will be good now hopefully you going down on the thursday ???

hi

i from north tipp so im just going to show up at 10, cant wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 merry08

headin down on the 27th myself...really lookin forward to it

merry08 wrote: »
    headin down on the 27th myself...really lookin forward to it

all us boards people will have to meet up there :D see you outside the guard house. i be wearing a red rose in my coat :P

lmao...and i'll ave dark glasses and a dafodil stuck behind me ear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭rookie09

Hi redsurfer
    where you long waiting on your backround checks?

hey rookie, i was waiting about 5 months for the security checks don't know if its the same for everyone...

• Advertisement

hey rookie, i was waiting about 5 months for the security checks don't know if its the same for everyone...

5 months thats not too bad at all!! hope mine goes like that:D,just trying to get an idea of the waiting times i realise its going to be different for each person especially if you have relatives abroad:eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

nurane wrote: »
    hi i have a question i am leaving in a refugee accommodation, and i have more than 4 years in Ireland, so can i apply for garda reserve?i got no status as a resident yet?thank you

As you can see from this link, you need to meet the following requirements to join the Garda Reserve:

Applicants to join must: -

* Be a national of a European Union Member State, or
    * Be a national of an EEA State or the Swiss Confederation, or
    * Be a refugee under the Refugee Act, 1996, or
    * Have a period of one year's continuous residence in the State immediately before 1 September 2005 and, during the 8 years immediately preceding that period, have had a total residence in the State amounting to 4 years. (Periods of illegal residence or residence as an asylum seeker do not count in the qualifying 5 year period).

If you meet any of the above requirements, then you can apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nurane

well that meens that i have no right to be a garda reserve , but i already applyed, and am waiting for the interviu,So what can i do now?Should i write them and let them know about my situation?Thank you very much for advice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kingdom lad

Well done lads on getting the call the wait is over:).
    How were ye let no email, fone call or what.
    Whats next for ye now, medical the 27th is it or what?
    Was hoping for a call waitin on checks 6months now, hopefully next time round:)

so is it possible for everyone heading down on the 27 th november to set up a thread to get to know each other better ????

rookie09 wrote: »
    Hi redsurfer
    where you long waiting on your backround checks?[/quot

the whole thing took 10 months but i had to miss sept. intake due to work ( assholes :mad: ) i think the checks took 5- 6 months rookie09

lmao...and i'll ave dark glasses and a dafodil stuck behind me ear :D

i think all us should wear pliot sun glasses:cool: and a 80's moustache with a tooth pick hanging from the side of are mouths, just so we can stand out a little:P

i applied in febuary had sergant meeting in july and medical 3 weeks ago !!!!!!

redsurfer wrote: »
    rookie09 wrote: »
    Hi redsurfer
    where you long waiting on your backround checks?[/quot

the whole thing took 10 months but i had to miss sept. intake due to work ( assholes :mad: ) i think the checks took 5- 6 months rookie09

no way id say your delighted to be going in with this intake,
    that seems to be the time it takes for checks quite a few said it took roughly the same time.

the waiting is a killer:mad:

• Advertisement

glhoran121 wrote: »
    so is it possible for everyone heading down on the 27 th november to set up a thread to get to know each other better ????

ill set one up now dude:D

Advertisement