Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

Hows it going? is there anyone out there in the same postion as my self . Did interview/written september passed left in br in early october . and guss what !! heard sweet fa since ? anyone in the same boat in the north east area ?

is that sept and oct of this year or last year??? if its this year u have a very long wait dude.... join the club :) i applied in nov 08!! my form br is sent off since 5th june and i dont expext to hear anything for a while yet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

is that sept and oct of this year or last year??? if its this year u have a very long wait dude.... join the club :) i applied in nov 08!! my form br is sent off since 5th june and i dont expext to hear anything for a while yet....

Worse news folks,

I applied in late 07 and heard nothing back a year after I had the interview with the local superintendent!!

Gonna ring HQ tomorrow and see if they will tell me anything!

Worse news folks,

I applied in late 07 and heard nothing back a year after I had the interview with the local superintendent!!

Gonna ring HQ tomorrow and see if they will tell me anything!

Thats a can of urine :(

Thats a can of urine :(

Thats an understatement my friend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Help! I applied for Garda reserve 3 weeks ago on public jobs, have not been contacted about interview yet. I checked my public jobs account just now and the application has now closed? What does this mean? Have I been ruled out?
    I've been assigned a contact manager and am waiting a response from him. Also, I notice that they are not advertising the Garda Reserve position anymore.
    I know I am way behind you guys but can anyone offer some knowledge here?

Thanks all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

ring PAS they will be able help more...

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Help! I applied for Garda reserve 3 weeks ago on public jobs, have not been contacted about interview yet. I checked my public jobs account just now and the application has now closed? What does this mean? Have I been ruled out?
    I've been assigned a contact manager and am waiting a response from him. Also, I notice that they are not advertising the Garda Reserve position anymore.

Thanks all!

In the same boat as you . Mine was also cancelled and i am awaiting reply from public jobs

Thats an understatement my friend!!

Ill get an infraction if i tell you what i really think, wont i Nice Guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

poconnor16 wrote: »

Thanks all!

you should have received an email/notification from publicjobs recently. All accounts are being affected cos they're doing some account upgrade or other. Here's what I got:

Oct 15 (11 days ago)
    publicjobs.ie – upgrade
    As part of The Public Appointments Service commitment to customer service, we are upgrading the facilities available on publicjobs.ie during November 2009. This upgrade will enable us to continue to provide an excellent service to our customers.

Users will need to re-register when the upgrade is complete.*

We will be sending members an important e-mail in late October with details on when and how to re-register on publicjobs.ie.
    Please be advised that after the upgrade any existing messages under your current profile will no longer be accessible*. If you want to save any of your existing messages, we would encourage you to login to your publicjobs.ie account now and save any messages to your own PC. To save your messages, click on “My Messages”, copy them into a new document, and save them to your own PC.

* does not apply to CAF applicants

We value your continued support and our FAQ document which is available on Publicjobs.ie should answer any questions you may have.

lisnsooz wrote: »
    you should have received an email/notification from publicjobs recently. All accounts are being affected cos they're doing some account upgrade or other. Here's what I got:

Oct 15 (11 days ago)
    publicjobs.ie – upgrade
    As part of The Public Appointments Service commitment to customer service, we are upgrading the facilities available on publicjobs.ie during November 2009. This upgrade will enable us to continue to provide an excellent service to our customers.

Users will need to re-register when the upgrade is complete.*

We will be sending members an important e-mail in late October with
    details on when and how to re-register on publicjobs.ie.
    Please be advised that after the upgrade any existing messages under your current profile will no longer be accessible*. If you want to save any of your existing messages, we would encourage you to login to your publicjobs.ie account now and save any messages to your own PC. To save your messages, click on “My Messages”, copy them into a new document, and save them to your own PC.

* does not apply to CAF applicants

We value your continued support and our FAQ document which is available on Publicjobs.ie should answer any questions you may have.

I dont think the email makes a difference, they are not advertising it as a job anymore on the site, it must be closed or something, if you go onto public jobs all thats on it about the reserves is campaign updates for people still waiting. But id say if you got your application in before they took it down your fine, they're just upgrading the site.

• Advertisement

I dont think the email makes a difference, they are not advertising it as a job anymore on the site, it must be closed or something, if you go onto public jobs all thats on it about the reserves is campaign updates for people still waiting. But id say if you got your application in before they took it down your fine, they're just upgrading the site.

Thanks all - I am going to try and get in contact with public jobs and see whats going on and how to proceed. I will post here to let you guys know what happens:(

.....update...

Public jobs replied stating that I had not filled out the interview application form yet i.e. the next step. They have also emailed this to me with further instructions.
    I never received notification to do this first time around - so if you are seeing the same thing, send them an email. They have been very quick to respond to me.

Good luck all!;)

You can always PM me with your real feelings!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Would I do that!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Well is there anyone here heading to Templemore for Phase1 training in November then? or anyone here anything about medicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Well is there anyone here heading to Templemore for Phase1 training in November then? or anyone here anything about medicals?

Are you........

• Registered Users Posts: 34 limerick2009

Yeah had my medical at H.Q. oct 08.Was grand out,the people conducting medical very nice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

A while back there the question of whether or not it's possible to train/complete duties in one area and then transfer to another arose. Just to let anyone interested in this know; I rang the reserve office today and was told that it's definitely possible to transfer from one area to another (I'm moving to Dublin in a few months time and hadn't wanted to screw up the timing with the move and the training, etc).

Furthermore, you can even have had your interviews with super/sgt in the one location and then do your training elsewhere - same with training in one area and then doing your attested duties elsewhere.

Quite the relief for anyone who's been waiting for ages, is planning on moving over the next while, and doesn't want to have to start all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

So I can send the application form back by email, or by post. But if by post, I need to send 4 copies?

If I send it by email, do I have to send my original leaving cert by post separately?

Would it be better to send it in the post? Cos you can't email a copy of the Leaving cert.

Confused :/

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

funkyflea wrote: »
    So I can send the application form back by email, or by post. But if by post, I need to send 4 copies?

If I send it by email, do I have to send my original leaving cert by post separately?

Would it be better to send it in the post? Cos you can't email a copy of the Leaving cert.

Confused :/
    Easier to send the application in by email. Less time, less chance of it being lost in the post, and fewer copies.

If I remember correctly, the PAS person at the initial interview and report-writing stage brought a copy of my application along on the day. I showed her the original documentation and then she signed off on the copies of these included in my application form. Open to correction on this though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Thanks I'll get in touch with them and find out anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

Quick question. I applyed for the reserves a few weeks ago trough the public jobs website.

I havent got any information back from them yet on my application,
    but i was on the website today and found a Interview application form for position of garda reserve.

The question is do i have to wait for information from public jobs or can i just complete the above form and send it off??

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    Easier to send the application in by email. Less time, less chance of it being lost in the post, and fewer copies.

If I remember correctly, the PAS person at the initial interview and report-writing stage brought a copy of my application along on the day. I showed her the original documentation and then she signed off on the copies of these included in my application form. Open to correction on this though.

This is exactly what I done aswell ie e-mail in my application form and exactly what happened on the day of my Interview/ReportWritting. The lady had a copy of my interview form which she gave to me to review before I went in and hold onto inside. The interview panel also had their own copies inside when I went in.

I brought along all my original certs and photocopies of each as required and she signed off on them and gave me back my originals. It was all very organised and all very quick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

hey, just wondering is their age limit on joining the reserves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

i d give PAS a call just to be on the safe side....

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭freddiew

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    hey, just wondering is their age limit on joining the reserves?

60 years of age

Are you........
    Yeah had my medical at H.Q. oct 08.Was grand out,the people conducting medical very nice:)

Hey Limerick2009, I seriously wish I was joining you there but as of now NGA I have not heard anything about even a medical never mind my background checks being complete. This waiting is just :( now.

Hey Limerick2009, I seriously wish I was joining you there but as of now NGA I have not heard anything about even a medical never mind my background checks being complete. This waiting is just :( now.

So people are being notified about november??? :eek: great... back in limbo guys obviously not our turn yet :rolleyes::(

jmc1546 wrote: »
    Quick question. I applyed for the reserves a few weeks ago trough the public jobs website.

I havent got any information back from them yet on my application,
    but i was on the website today and found a Interview application form for position of garda reserve.

The question is do i have to wait for information from public jobs or can i just complete the above form and send it off??

Gosh this auld age is getting a fright with the memory :p but as far as I remember you have to wait for them to contact you first via e-mail. That e-mail will basicly confirm they acknowledge your application and will inform you when stage1 will be held in your chosen area(s). That then along with an e-mail address to which they ask you to send on that interview application form completed.

But in short, you have to wait for them to contact you first acknowledging your application before that completed interview form is to be sent in, as far as I remember anywhoo.

Best of Luck with your application though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

Thanks for for that.
    I guess i will just have to play the waiting game now so.

Advertisement