Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Final '07 - South Africa V England (Saturday 8pm)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Im sure in eyes of the Global Audience Rugby looks incredibly stupid -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's only a dream now for England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats that.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Crap final...one of the worst games in the World Cup.

Last night's game will be my highlight for RWC 2007.

Right now to plead for Sevens to be shown on more channels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭monaghanbiffo

Rolland was a disgrace tonight i really feel sorry for england

Rolland was a disgrace tonight i really feel sorry for england

I think he did reasonably well. As for feeling sorry for England, they lost to their own tactics. They should never have been in the Final.

Given their last few years, they can be very proud of getting that far.

Ultimatly age as much as anything defeated England, you can see them slowing in mind and body.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭monaghanbiffo

I think he did reasonably well. As for feeling sorry for England, they lost to their own tactics. They should never have been in the Final

I think you know reasonably f all about rugby then. SA negativity is what ruined the game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

congrats to SA beat england at their own game

i feel proud to be english to pick themselves up from the group stages i'm just hoping they can build on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A poor game for a RWC final. But when the stakes are high.................

Roll on 6N 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Roland was poor this evening. He didn't penalise SA when they commited the same offences as Eng.

The first penalty of the game set the scene. Steyn on the wrong side and stopping Tait getting the ball back and he penalises him for holding on.

****ing joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

BEtter team won thank god we dont have to listen to english media waffling on if england had won!!:D

I think you know reasonably f all about rugby then. SA negativity is what ruined the game

keep it civil.

Don't get personal.

And who are the past masters of the dark arts of negativity and ball-killing? England!

I have already lamented the shi*e game caused by SA's negative tactics, but unfortunately the current laws of rugby allow a lot of legal negativity. The new rules coming in should sort out a lot of that.

Ah no point moaning about the ref, England did'nt engineer the oppotunites for a decent score. I would have though, late on Wilkinson would have got more chances.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Seriously get yore head out of yore ass.England beat France/Australia playing negative rugby.South Africa played them at their own game and England had no plan b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

The fact that England could have won this match, shows what a bad world cup this has turned into. NZ will be kicking themselves, having won the tri-nations for the last three years. Rowland did'nt have a great game. I doubt he will ever ref another final.

This may go down as the worst final the world cup has ever seen. Disappointing result for England defiantly the side that tried the hardest.

The most ironic thing i find though is that every SA on this forum repeatedly talked about how they play champagne rugby and how it was England how played the crappy non entertaining style in the world and then SA go on to win the world cup through their forwards and kicker like they'v always done.

Id give England a pat on the back though they did extremely well to get where they did and defended their title bravely.

As for South Africa well done though going by the these new quotas they ll again ironically enough go into the decline that happened to England 4 years ago :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Once SA got to 9 points ahead England didn't know how to get back into it. As posted probably age in the end. Fair play to them for getting so far. Congrats to Boks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Poor Final compared to last nights game...

Anyone else have a feeling that we didn't get to see some of the potential heavyweight matchups.

Are SA worthy winners?, beating Fiji / Argentina / England to win it.

Well its not as impressive as dispatching Australia and France then South Africa would have been.

Mike.

zabbo wrote: »

Anyone else have a feeling that we didn't get to see some of the potential heavyweight matchups.

Meh at the end of the day they did win it so you cant argue that point but still they'v won it in the most ironic fashion.

Still think Argentina deserved it the most and England should be proud to be where they got.

you can only beat who is in front of you...not SA's fault that the teams they faced are not the "big guns".

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not the best final at all but SA were the only unbeaten team. They coped with everything thrown at them unlike Australia, France and NZ. Some of them turned out to be heavyweights in name only.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yep you can only beat the teams put in front of you, i enjoyed the game just from the character england showed after the group stages but then i'm english

cup competitions are all about beating whatever is thrown up you cant pick and choose
    i loved it when greece won the european soccer championships they beat the teams put in front of them

Rugby newbie here...who's the guy who brought out the cup with the 2 kids?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

tv3 panel all seem to think it was a try? which seems nuts to me.
    what are we saying?
    I thought it was definitely not, his foot definitely brushed the edge of the line
    before it came up imo and that was long before he put the ball down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Can't argue with them being winners, wouldn't take anything away from them.

Just a feeling the big games didn't live up to the hype.

Looks like the WC Winners will be playing the Baa-Baa's in twickers next month.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    tv3 panel all seem to think it was a try? which seems nuts to me.
    what are we saying?
    I thought it was definitely not, his foot definitely brushed the edge of the line
    before it came up imo and that was long before he put the ball down.

ITV boys and Martin Johnson say it was not a try.

Advertisement