Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Final '07 - South Africa V England (Saturday 8pm)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's a good game thus far, roll on the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

mike65 wrote: »
    Will SA regret not pushing for the try and taking 3 points instead?

The Boks are in the ascendancy half time arrived at the wrong time for them.

Mike.

They made the right choice i think you need to get the score board ticking over and then the scores will come going for the try there would be too greedy.

So all bashers who went on about SA playing the "the finest 15 man game seen in the world" happy with what they'v seen?

England have spun it out more wide then them :P And their defence is spot on their grabbing a hell of alot of turnovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

England are 4-1 on betfair. I am thinking of having a piece of that.

Anyone else rooting for england?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭KlondikePaddy

Catcher86 wrote: »
    England are 4-1 on betfair. I am thinking of having a piece of that.

Anyone else rooting for england?

Me too-they have had a crap four years since their win in 2003-Brian Ashton has done a superb job since taking over from Andy Robinson and in such a short time period too!

LOL at the spectator anyone catch the name on his back all i know is that its no13

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Jimmy Jump

Knee hit the line. Maybe not looking from the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ouch, tough decision by the third ref!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

That ll shut up everyone who says they can spin it out and get tries. Brilliance by Tait. He l have a bright future ahead of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Lads on ITV saying definite try, but of course they would :D

(Edit) No try!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Must be a try

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Nope, no try :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i'm rooting for england but i'm english

bad call that was a try

Cruel decision, but probably right, hard luck England.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

WTF? That goes completely against what the TMO's have been doing this RWC. Stupid should have been a try bad call

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

He just about dragged his toe onto the line before he grounded the ball. Correct decision I reckons.

So badly wanted it to be a try. It would have put so much pressure on SA.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

that was a try, bad call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That must have not been a try by the width of a blade of grass.

Mike.

Decisions like that can change matches, hope England keep playing.

mike65 wrote: »
    That must have not been a try by the width of a blade of grass.

Mike.

Well the amount of tries that have been given the OK this World Cup that were far worse then that try. Jesus TMO's will they ever get it right:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

rkm wrote: »
    that was a try, bad call

Looked to me that his foot hit the inside of the line....correct decision. It's a pity though, a try might have set this match alight.

He just about dragged his toe onto the line before he grounded the ball. Correct decision I reckons.

Yeah I thought that was quite clear but I'm watching ITV here and the lads are saying that it must have been his knee or ankle? So, am I missing something (I could be because I'm far from an expert on rugby) or would the foot on the line not have been enough for it to be disallowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

That's the way I see it too. But, jaysus, it was close.

Loss of Robinson might just mark the end for England

Looked to me that his foot hit the inside of the line....correct decision. It's a pity though, a try might have set this match alight.

No, I think his foot was okay, it was in the air. It was his knee that was in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The guys on ITV have their rose tinted glasses on. Don't pay any attention to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Stev_o wrote: »
    Well the amount of tries that have been given the OK this World Cup that were far worse then that try. Jesus TMO's will they ever get it right:rolleyes:
    Exactly what I was thinking
    Benefit of the doubt has been giving to attacking teams this world cup on every occasion except now. They still came away with 3 points, the conversion would have been a bitch so all in all it didnt make a massive difference.

The guys on ITV have their rose tinted glasses on. Don't pay any attention to them.

Hehe yeah fair enough. I don't watch a huge amount of rugby is all, and I thought that when I saw the foot hit the line that it couldn't be a try so when they were goin on about how it was a definite try they had me wondering if I misunderstood the rules or something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

I hope someone scores a try soon to open up the game. Otherwise it'll be my kicker vs yours....an unfortunate final after a great 3rd/4th place match

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can anyone explain why when playing the line out England slap the ball down rather than clean catch and pass?

Mike.

Advertisement