Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Final '07 - South Africa V England (Saturday 8pm)

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

ITV commentary said it was fair enough as if the ball bounced right it would still be in play for a possible try. For one thing, that ball was always going out, and secondly, you cannot push a player or make any tackle when he doesn't have the ball. Should've been a yellow. It was dangerous and unnecessary.
    Fair play to SA, but after the cruise they had to the final and the fairly poor opposition in the final, I'm not sure if they're performances warrented getting their name on the cup. People will say you can only beat what's put in front of you, but at the same time, it doesn't feel as if they've achieved as much as if they'd beaten France or the All Blacks. Or even a decent England. Best of the WC was over a week earlier IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

il gatto wrote: »
    Fair play to SA, but after the cruise they had to the final

They beat Argentina, a team that beat France twice and us too; they also beat the other finalists twice. I kinda see what you're saying, but I would say they deserve it a lot more than anyone else I don't see who else deserves it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭ThomasH

il gatto wrote: »
    Best of the WC was over a week earlier IMO.
    Yeah that's right because there is no point in the final two teams competing for the Webb trophy :rolleyes: If Ireland were in the final would you have said the same thing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Argentina are one decent team, the beating of whom should not make you world champions.
    I said the "best of the WC was over "IMO"" because the final weekend was disappoimting. I never said not to finish the thing. A strange inference to make.

Advertisement