Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Final '07 - South Africa V England (Saturday 8pm)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

If SA win this they have to win it by more then one point otherwise every uk newspaper and every forum wont shut up about how they were robbed which i guess is fair enough but still it ll never end!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yep, I'd like to see a try too .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

mike65 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why when playing the line out England slap the ball down rather than clean catch and pass?

Mike.

They want quicker ball off the lineout, the quickest ball for set plays is off the top of the line out, that said they've not much outside to do anything with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Can anyone explain why when playing the line out England slap the ball down rather than clean catch and pass?

Mike.

pressure from sa best disruptors of line outs around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Mike.

Either they want to get quick ball or else they can't catch cleanly....due to pressure

• Advertisement

Mike.

Heh, on the training ground someone catches those!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers chaps! :)

Poor George Hook he's loosing his voice as he's the sole commentator (the usual guy is ill).

Mike.

I think the longer it goes on like this, the better chance England have of snatching the game. SA are not creative, not making incisive attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

SA are killing the Ball. At least Rowland blowed up on it there, but he is not imposing his authority enough. Berger is getting away with murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Its almost coming together for England now, if they do spark and score i'd fancy them to see it through. Questions being asked of SA now :)

• Advertisement

Have to admit I'm liking the english honest endevour and heart.

That looks like its gotta hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Ouch! I'd like too see that camera angle!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Martin Johnson saying "well done Toby Flood" for pushing Montgomery into the camera :eek:

Longfield wrote: »
    Have to admit I'm liking the english honest endevour and heart.

If only we didn't have to listen to them for 4 years, I would actually prefer to see England win it based on SA's negativity in this match.

Fwaggle wrote: »
    Martin Johnson saying "well done Toby Flood" for pushing Montgomery into the camera :eek:

Well remember his behaviour on the red carpet in Landsdowne a few years ago...hardly surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ref is riding England.

SA are going to win this by out kicking England, its a pity, they could score trys to win this.
    Understandable though.

Rollaind is a contradicting his decisions pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

Wilko, you're up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Well remember his behaviour on the red carpet in Landsdowne a few years ago...hardly surprising

What did he do? As per my previous post I'm only a fairweather rugby supporter (watch 6 nations and WC) so I don't know :)

Montgomery's gotta be replaced, he's out of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Surprised Wilkinson hasn't dropped into the pocket

If SA go on to win this it will probably be the most undeserving victory in a world cup final ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

If only we didn't have to listen to them for 4 years, I would actually prefer to see England win it based on SA's negativity in this match.

South Africa are playing England at their own game and doing it quite well.

Surprised Wilkinson hasn't dropped into the pocket

9 points behind...think they need to concentrate on getting a try for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

9 points behind...think they need to concentrate on getting a try for the moment

Yep - and soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

they need points,better chance of the drop than the try at the mo

Looks like its going to be uncontested.
    Not a classic by any means, but that said I'm glad the Bokke are getting their victory - its probably their last for a long long time.

• Advertisement

Longfield wrote: »
    Looks like its going to be uncontested.
    Not a classic by any means, but that said I'm glad the Bokke are getting their victory - its probably their last for a long long time.

Why do you say that ? Because of Jake White leaving and the quota system ?

Advertisement