Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedians that suck

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

a) that question probably shouldn't be in the 'comedians that suck' thread
    b) someone asked that question one bleedin' page ago.
    c) full disclosure: I hate this thread
    d) I'm not helping matters any

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I saw him last week in DCU and I really, really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Love the single tag for this thread.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dubjeff

Neil Tell-a-mare (fnarr fnarr) is bruuuutal. I've met funnier Germans. Why does RTE think that everyone who appears on the Panel is hilarious and should get their own tv show. Look, it was kind of ok when Dara was on it but now its just pure crap. Loose women is funnier.

The good news though is that I've had a great idea for a new Comedy show. Why not rip off Harry Hill's "TV BURP" but the twist is get someone who is not funny to present it and remove any trace of humor. You could call it maybe "Republic of Telly" for instance - just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

dubjeff wrote: »
    Loose women is funnier.

Easy now! I wouldn't go that far!biggrin.gif But I agree with your main point. The Panel should of been axed when Dara left.

• Advertisement

dubjeff wrote: »
    I've met funnier Germans.

Damn, that made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Gone Fishin

I was at Andrew Maxwell a couple of weeks back at Vicar Street and he was absolute garbage. His jokes were lame and they were the same jokes he'd done on a TV show broadcast on the comedy channel. I actually wrote to his agent asking for my money back and strangely never got a reply. It just seemed like he didn't do any work at all for the gig. Surely there is enough material with all that is going on in this country at the moment. At least give us a few decent laughs! Never again Andrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Dane Cook
    Maeve Higgins
    Jason Byrne
    Alan Carr
    Bill Hicks
    Pat Short
    Ed Byrne
    Jon Kenny
    Richard Pryor
    Andrew Maxwell

To name a few....

Only funny things make me laugh!!!I can see why people like most of them but not for the life of me can i understand why people like jason byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

I was at Andrew Maxwell a couple of weeks back at Vicar Street and he was absolute garbage. His jokes were lame and they were the same jokes he'd done on a TV show broadcast on the comedy channel. I actually wrote to his agent asking for my money back and strangely never got a reply. It just seemed like he didn't do any work at all for the gig. Surely there is enough material with all that is going on in this country at the moment. At least give us a few decent laughs! Never again Andrew.

Have to agree. A few years ago I would of said he showed some promise to make it big but he really has gone downhill of late. The louder he shouts the funnier he seems to think he is!

Sirsok wrote: »
    Richard Pryor

Jesus.

• Advertisement

i have two pryor dvds and they just not funny!his movies are good but ot his stand up, which may be strange as i love eddie murphy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bodysmart

Bill Hicks
    Richard Pryor

Just out of interest, who do you find funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Bodysmart wrote: »
    Just out of interest, who do you find funny?

If he says Dennis Leary & Chris Rock I'll bust a gut.

Put that up who i like in the favourite comedias thread before i posted in here, but people like eddie murphy, pablo francisco, dmetri martin, jeff dunham, adam hills, frankie boyle, mitch hedberg, tommy tiernans older stuff, jimmy carr and i know its weird but a bit of tommy cooper to and like some marcus brigstocke to....im not a negative guy, i even tried to watch pryor on comedy central last night put i couldnt get into, plus eddie izzard was on and wanted to check him out cause i heard good things and he's fairly funny...

Ha dont really like chris rock either, but love eddie murphy which i suppose is weird since he's mainly influenced by pryor.

In regards to Hicks, i've only seen one dvd in fairness but really couldnt get into it, my best mate loves him though!

I know my list seems a bit exhaustive, but garunteed most people would dislike just as much people if they thought about it!!!!

Ha this will get me crucified but i love lee evans to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

SlimJ wrote: »
    Jesus.

Bit harsh?
    Jesus was more a storyteller than a comedian.
    I get what you're saying though- his standup was preachy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 doomedtofail

Got two free tickets to a recent Neil Delapratt gig. Stayed on the sofa instead. Nuff said.

This dullard

JeffDunham.jpg

tech77 wrote: »
    Bit harsh?
    Jesus was more a storyteller than a comedian.
    I get what you're saying though- his standup was preachy.

I saw him play Golgotha once, he didn't do well but at least he didn't die on his arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This dullard

JeffDunham.jpg

His puppet stuff can be funny, especially Peanut, but his non puppet stuff is as dull as ditchwater

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

krudler wrote: »
    His puppet stuff can be funny, especially Peanut, but his non puppet stuff is as dull as ditchwater
    F*ck him and his pseudo racist bullsh*t. And I'm someone who can see humour in racism if it's at least funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

peanut? the purple stupid thing? no thanks!

Think Achmed is excellant, the other old grumpy man character(cant remember name) ain't bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Achmed is pseudo racism like kold said though, its for Americans who think all middle eastern people have names that sound like hakking up phlegm and will blow you apart if you look at them funny

Achmed is pseudo racism like kold said though, its for Americans who think all middle eastern people have names that sound like hakking up phlegm and will blow you apart if you look at them funny

What's this dude's name? I'd like to research* him.

*watch youtube videos in work

jeff Dunham is his name....

and to the guy talking about racial stereotypes?Its funny , south park do it, simpsons do it, nearly every form of comedy that uses characters uses racial stereotypes....ha look at team america thats all racial stereotyping, funnt though!!not giving out to you just everyone does it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

So really, we should have put the name of every comedian in the world ever in the first post of this thread and then locked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

jeff Dunham is his name....

and to the guy talking about racial stereotypes?Its funny , south park do it, simpsons do it, nearly every form of comedy that uses characters uses racial stereotypes....ha look at team america thats all racial stereotyping, funnt though!!not giving out to you just everyone does it!

Its not just Americans, and its not just recent.

Anyone ever remember seeing Spike Milligan with his face covered in black boot polish? Hardly the PC thing to do, but if we were all PC we would all be boring and only find people like peter kaye funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 queequeg

I have to agree that most female comedians are poor but has anyone mentioned Tina Fey? She is fabulous! Remember her doing Sarah Palin impressions? that was genius and most importantly i think it probably helped Obama win the election.
    An '30 Rock makes' me giggle too.

blastman wrote: »
    So really, we should have put the name of every comedian in the world ever in the first post of this thread and then locked it.

That does seem to be the case, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

russell brand, yada yada phone call to old man yada yada yada, stfu you stupid pr1ck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

This dullard

JeffDunham.jpg

Agree with you there, watched a few videos of him on youtube. Terribly unfunny stuff, then the audience crack up when he says "silence - i kill you".

Reminds me of when Bart Simpson was the "i didn't do it" kid.

Advertisement