Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Galwaygirleen, that's brilliant news!

Hopefully your mum will be thrilled with the news and this will be a much easier labour x

Hope I'll be joining you back in here soon :D

Ooh let me know how you get on with the buggy hunting, I'm not pregnant yet but already eyeing up either the Phil & Teds twin or the Jane Power (?) one, decisions decisions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Congratulations Galwaygirleen, that's brilliant news!

Hopefully your mum will be thrilled with the news and this will be a much easier labour x

Hope I'll be joining you back in here soon :D

Ooh let me know how you get on with the buggy hunting, I'm not pregnant yet but already eyeing up either the Phil & Teds twin or the Jane Power (?) one, decisions decisions!

I love the Jane Power! Would love an iCandy Peach they're gorgeous (expensive too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Louboutin30

Hi all. New here. Due in August but so very horny all the time cannot get enough of sex just wondering anyone else here the same way and any tips

Hi all. New here. Due in August but so very horny all the time cannot get enough of sex just wondering anyone else here the same way and any tips

Yes, make the most of it before baby arrives and you're too tired to enjoy it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Louboutin30

Yes, make the most of it before baby arrives and you're too tired to enjoy it :D

Thanks totally agree with you. Just cannot get enought of it and have the hubby is loving it have the poor man wore out but just wondering its getting awarkward now at this stage any ideas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 HerbertGirl

Newbie here! Just did the test on saturday and got the 2 pink lines! Hubby and myself are beside ourselves with excitement!

Since it's our first, can anyone help on what we should do next? I presume we make an appointment to see my GP... does hubby come with me, or do I go on my own?

This is all so exciting and new to me, I just dont know what to be doing!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Your husband can some with you, so make your appointment and start reseraching what maternity hospitals are near to you. Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Just found out this weekend that we're pregnant, :D. We were ttcing but were (pleasantly) suprised by how quickly it happened. I'm still touching every bit of wood I can see and am almost too nervous to get excited as it's so early.

I did two tests on Saturday and both positive and I've made an appointment with a doctor for Thursday.

I'm supposed to be flying on Friday for a long weekend away and I'm just wondering what is the general consensus on flying when you're in the very early stages. I'd be gutted to postpone the weekend but I would if necessary and any info from an internet search seems to indicate it's ok up to the third trimester.

I will of course ask the doctor as well but any info, opinions or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

No problem with flying. I went on holiday at 6 weeks and the only thing was that I was sick so it wasn't pleasant. Also I could smell everything so coming home there was a group returning from a stag on the plane. It was disgusting, nearly retching here remembering it.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    No problem with flying. I went on holiday at 6 weeks and the only thing was that I was sick so it wasn't pleasant. Also I could smell everything so coming home there was a group returning from a stag on the plane. It was disgusting, nearly retching here remembering it.

Thanks Das Kitty.

I was in the cinema on Saturday night and I got this really strong smell of feet which was horrible. My OH thought I was crazy but I kept insisting there was a smell of feet. :D

• Advertisement

Congrats How Strange, found out on Saturday myself! We'll be due around same time! Did a quick calculation, and based on last period, I'm due on 6th February 2011.

My sister flew a good bit for work in her first trimester and never had any problems, her doctor told her it was fine also. However, she was only going short distances, so it's always best to check with the doctor I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

The father of my child is from oxford, so i found out about travel at an early stage. Really travel is no problem, they let you travel for a surprisingly long time these days. The rules for long distance can be slightly different, so check with your doctor. As for travelling in the 1st and 2nd trimesters, there is no problem. I didn't even need to ask my doctor.

We're going to South of France so only a couple of hours flight.

It's a pity I won't be able to have a glass of rose or 6 in South of France. I'll have to stick to the perrier :(

It's a pity I won't be able to have a glass of rose or 6 in South of France. I'll have to stick to the perrier :(

My husband said this to me yesterday... he said he couldn't believe I wouldn't be drinking til 2011... I am a bit of a socialite, so it is a bit weird to think about that, but I have to say, I'm not missing it at all yet... although ask me again in a couple of months!

Have a hen to go to when I will be only 8 weeks. Dont know how im gonna hide it! Might use an excuse i saw in one of the other threads about a kidney infection!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Congrats to all the new mommies to be here :D

It really does seem like only yesterday i was where you are ..
    I was so excited to wake up this morning and say ahhh 1st of June baby will be here next month..Even if im not due until July 14th :D:D
    But hey its still next month..

Das Kitty ,Hacked,Adrieanne,Caprilicous,Cathy hope you are all well and babies aswell of course :)

Louboutin i totally agree with you ;) Have as much "connecting,couple time" as you can now im pretty sure this will all change once the little lamb is home :)

Bag packed now and nearly everything got..The excitement :D:D:D
    Hurry up July !!!

My husband said this to me yesterday... he said he couldn't believe I wouldn't be drinking til 2011... I am a bit of a socialite, so it is a bit weird to think about that, but I have to say, I'm not missing it at all yet... although ask me again in a couple of months!
    Jeebus, 9 months without alcohol. That's like telling a french woman 9 months without smoking.
    Have a hen to go to when I will be only 8 weeks. Dont know how im gonna hide it! Might use an excuse i saw in one of the other threads about a kidney infection!!
    Me too! Fingers crossed and touching wood etc etc I'll be 12 weeks by then. She's my future SIL so I might tell her the week before. It's a weekend thing but I'm definitely just going for one night now. I'll probably need an afternoon nap so I can stay up later than midnight!

Me too! Fingers crossed and touching wood etc etc I'll be 12 weeks by then. She's my future SIL so I might tell her the week before. It's a weekend thing but I'm definitely just going for one night now. I'll probably need an afternoon nap so I can stay up later than midnight!

My future SIL too... well SIL-ish... she's marrying my husband's brother. But it will be far too early to tell anyone at that stage. They'll all think i'm mad going all the way to Galway and not boozing!!

My future SIL too... well SIL-ish... she's marrying my husband's brother. But it will be far too early to tell anyone at that stage. They'll all think i'm mad going all the way to Galway and not boozing!!
    Snap, we're going to Galway too!

I think I'm mad going all the way to Galway for a hens and drinking sparkling water. There's only so many you can drink in a night! I'll be the only sober one there. :eek:

We've also got a wedding in early July and I'll have to do the 'walk around with the same glass of wine' for the day so no-one wonders why I'm not drinking. My cousin was pregnant so not drinking at our wedding and we were immediately suspicious. She announced it a few weeks later but nothing gives the game away as quickly as someone abstaining if they usually drink.

Oh god we're in sync with each other!!

I have a wedding mid july (the hen i'm going to), but we're planning on telling people early, so at least the immediate family knows and can help us cover it up around everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Good afternoon ladies! Hope everyone is keeping well! So tired the last few days and back is aching but every time I sit down and relax I get alot of flutters so it makes me forget about everything else! Cant wait to start feeling proper kicks!

Am on hols next week so gonna get the babys room sorted! Looking forward to that!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Swizzles wrote: »
    Das Kitty ,Hacked,Adrieanne,Caprilicous,Cathy hope you are all well and babies aswell of course :)

Hey swizzles! Finally caved and got the internet. How are you feeling? You are so close now, very excited for you! Did you find out what you are having?

Targetwindow...how are you doing?

We're grand thanks Swizzles. Isobel is going to be 12 weeks on sunday if you can beleive it! She's getting so big and is the most smiley baby I have ever met. Loving having her. Can't wait to see pics of your little bundles!

Congrats to all the newly pregnany ladies :)
    Herbertgirl & How Strange, that's funny with you both having hen nights/weddings at similar time, I'm half expecting to read this thread in a month or two and find out that you two are going to the same wedding but don't realise it yet!

Its funny, I don't generally drink very much anyway but the girls from work reckoned they knew I was pregnant because at a work do when I would've been 8 weeks pregnant I stuck to the orange juice :rolleyes:

Swizzles, not long to go now, so exciting! Its mad, Rose is 14 weeks old on Wednesday but it feels like years ago since I was pregnant!
    Hope you're not finding the last few weeks too tiring!

Its funny, I don't generally drink very much anyway but the girls from work reckoned they knew I was pregnant because at a work do when I would've been 8 weeks pregnant I stuck to the orange juice :rolleyes:

I got caught at the weekend. We were on a weekend away visiting friends and she knew straight away when I said I'd prefer a cup of tea to a cold beer :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

5 weeks left today!!!I cant wait to see my little pink bundle ;)
    Wowzers cant beleive your lil ones are so big already :eek::eek:
    Time is scary :(

I was sooo tired today had planned to leave mams and go to bed coz the heat was killing me..Ended up cleaning the house like a mad woman..Hopefuly ill get a full nights sleep tonight..Heres hoping eh:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Swizzles wrote: »
    5 weeks left today!!!I cant wait to see my little pink bundle ;)
    Wowzers cant beleive your lil ones are so big already :eek::eek:
    Time is scary :(

I was sooo tired today had planned to leave mams and go to bed coz the heat was killing me..Ended up cleaning the house like a mad woman..Hopefuly ill get a full nights sleep tonight..Heres hoping eh:rolleyes:

Sounds like nesting is kicking in......

I was due last week and have still to get the nesting instinct!

I was speaking with another pregnant girl today who is not due for another 3 weeks and she really looks ready to go. She is much lower down that me and I have yet to have any sign what-so-ever! But at the same time - not looking forward to labour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Love2love wrote: »
    Sounds like nesting is kicking in......

I was due last week and have still to get the nesting instinct!

I was speaking with another pregnant girl today who is not due for another 3 weeks and she really looks ready to go. She is much lower down that me and I have yet to have any sign what-so-ever! But at the same time - not looking forward to labour!

I never got the nesting instinct on either of my pregnancies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

what should i do to prepare my body for pregnancy? i have been taking folic acid for about two months,is there anything else i can take that would benifit me more. im 27, and im not planning to get pregnant for the next two months. this, fingers crossed, will be my first pregnancy. i would be overweight though 5ft3 and 10st1 :( would having this extra weight on me make the pregnancy tougher on my body?

6w 4d today :D

Last week I had awful nausea and dizziness which got progressively worse as the week went on, so much so that on Friday I had to go to bed for a couple of hours after work as my head was spinning like I had a fever. Saturday I was feeling fine until I went shopping for an hour and had to come home because I thought I was going to faint. The heart burn and acidic stomach is awful and is worst at night.

This week so far I've had less nausea and dizziness. I still have the heartburn and acid stomach and it was a killer last night but I'm wondering if the dizziness etc gets progressively worse with tiredness or if some weeks it's worse than others? As bad as it was (and it was awful) it is at least reassuring that things are progressing well.

talkin wrote: »
    what should i do to prepare my body for pregnancy? i have been taking folic acid for about two months,is there anything else i can take that would benifit me more. im 27, and im not planning to get pregnant for the next two months. this, fingers crossed, will be my first pregnancy. i would be overweight though 5ft3 and 10st1 :( would having this extra weight on me make the pregnancy tougher on my body?

Hi talkin, you're the same height as me and a stone heavier. I just took folic acid and I was relatively active anyway and had a fairly good diet. I don't know anything about weight v likelihood to conceive but perhaps try getting a little more exercise and eating healthier over the next month or so just to get your body into better condition. It's summer now (fingers crossed) so it's always easier to be healthy when the sun is shining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

hi thanks for the reply, im starting today, well im goin to do my best! chocolate is my major downfall n also i sit for 8hours every day at work which doesnt help. starting today though im gonna set aside at least 30 mins a day for exercise and start eating more healthy. i just hope my extra weight doesnt put a strain on my pregnancy,if im lucky enough to conceive! i'v two at least two months to try get my body into shape.

Advertisement