Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Oh my god, Aoife and Shane, can't wait to hear all about your little man. I'm actually sitting here a little bit emotional that he's arriving tomorrow. It's been a long journey for you both and you are going to be fantastic parents.

Shane, I could loan you guys a car seat if you haven't got one by the time Aoife and the little man get out of hospital, it is a brand new M&P Primmo Viaggio (sp??) only reason I can't use it is it won't fit in our car!! Just let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Good luck tomorrow folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

Aoife and Shane wishing you all the best for tomorrow, will be thinking of you three.

xx eimear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

EEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!! Cant wait for photo's :D

Good Luck to the 3 of you:)

Shane, get sone sleep over the next few days, you'll need it!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Wow good luck guys, what a journey you've had so far. Positive thoughts and wishes being sent your way. x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Ah! Not having the internet is a right pain in the bum!

Cathy and Shane, I am so so excited for you. :) Can't wait to see pics and meet your little man! Hope he and Isobel will be great friends :) I'll have to get wolfpawnat and adrieanne to update me if im not online for the wonderful news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Hopefully you two have your bundle of joy already but good luck to the two of you :D
    Cathy we both started out on the journey together and hopefully it's coming to a good end!

Hacked how you getting on?

I'm doing pretty ok, thanks. Isobel is a great baby...she really is so good,so I can't complain!
    We're just getting into some sort of a routine now, so I feel up to venturing out on my own with the buggy now tomorrow if the weather is nice.

I'm looking forward to all of this visitor stuff and the novelty of her being worn off as it's quite tiring for the poor little mite, and she's always very fussy after a day of new people.

How are you doing?

I'm glad it's going so well! It makes such a big difference to have a good placid baby. I'll never forget the midwife in the hospital telling me the morning after I had the baby that I'd have loads of visitors but not to let them pick him up and hand him around too much or he'd be fierce hard to settle that night. Best bit of advice I was ever given!

Don't stress too much about the routine. We're still getting into the swing of one here. We'll be up and running in a nice set routine and then he'll throw you for a loop and you're back to square one again :D

We're doing good thanks. Jack had an ear infection for the last two days so no sleep cuz he couldn't lie down and had to sleep in my arms! Disaster but he's miles better now thank god!

ah the poor little guy, hope he's feeling better soon!!

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to take that advice as we're going to be seeing so many new people over the Easter weekend. I might just have to keep her to myself. Worried that;s going to offend a ton of people, but i don't care...the hassle of dealin with her after a day of visitors is too much!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Good morning everyone-

We had a beautiful little arrival yesterday morning- Baby Shane was born @ 11.55AM.

Our little one is 4lbs 11 ounces. He was in the ICU for 8 hours, before being transferred to the Special Care Unit.

Mommy is doing ok, she has only been able to visit baby once so far- as baby is still in the Special Care Unit- but hopefully he will be down to Mommy today sometime.

We love our little one so much.

Shane

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh congratulations! I'm so pleased for you both. Pregnancy is hard enough but by any standards, you two have had a right old battle.
    Delighted for you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

congrats to you and CathyM. He looks beautiful. give my best to C.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

heartfelt congratulations to you both. I am so pleased!! Send my regards to Cathy for a job well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

congrats on the new arrival, he is gorgeus, thinking of you all, sorry for lack of punctuation, feeding baby!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ah would ya lookit the gorgeous little dude! Congratulations to you both!

Give my love to Aoife!

Xxx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

beachbabe wrote: »
    congrats on the new arrival, he is gorgeus, thinking of you all, sorry for lack of punctuation, feeding baby!

ha ha, me too!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

He is so gorgeous :D hope mammy and baby are reunited and bonding now, must have been hard being separated even for few hours.. Congrats again guys :p XX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

congrats to you both, he is a real cutie

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Das Kitty wrote: »
    ha ha, me too!

Feeding baby while on boards, 1 of the many skills a mum needs to master. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Ah Congrats on your little fella, he is only gorgeous. I've tears in me eyes looking at him, he's so cute. Only few more days till my little one arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

Congrats Shane and Aoife. He is gorgeous. You both must be so relieved he is here.

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Congrats - have been following your story and you are both an inspiration. Best of luck with everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats Shane and Aoife, he's gorgeous! Lovely name too ;)

Hope all is well, keep us updated with his progress and send Aoife our love!

Hugs to you too Daddy!

i'm also feeding baby...sorry!
    congrats guys, so so happy for you! he's lovely :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Delighted for you both. :D Congrats!!!!!

He's beautiful. :)

Congrats Aoife and Shane. Wishing you all the best over the next few weeks. Hope mom is recovering well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Delighted for ye both, know ye have been thru the mill the past while...:)
    Enjoy your little one!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats Aoife and Shane:)

Big hugs to you all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thanks a mill for all the good wishes everyone!
    Our little one was released from the Special Care Unit for good behaviour this evening- he had been drinking his milk quite well (25ml every 4 hours) so they removed the NG tube, and he is staying tonight for the first night with Mom. He is a right character- most of the time he is awake and very happy to be looking around and playing- making little gurgling sounds to himself, or sharper sounds when he needs to be burped. He seems to be taking in a fair bit of air when feeding- and needs lots of burping.

Mommy is exhausted- roughly 3 days straight without sleep now. I'm going to try to take care of our little one for his 11 and 3PM feeds tomorrow- to try and let her sleep. I'm so proud of both her, and our inquisitive little bundle of joy.

His weight has dropped several ounces since yesterday- he's now 4-4, down 7 ounces. I gather this isn't unusual? I'm worried about the little guy.

Thanks everyone,

Shane

Advertisement