Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 HerbertGirl

Hi all,

6 weeks 2 days today, and I have to say I'm feeling great. Haven't had any nausea yet. The only symptom I have is that my breasts have gone huge!! Have already gone from 34B to 36C. My husbands delighted!! Pity they're so tender though. Ouch!

Kind of getting worried with the lack of symptoms though. Makes it feel like it's not real or that something has gone wrong.

I booked an early scan at 9 weeks in a place in Blackrock, so all my worries will hopefully be relieved then. God I never realised how scary a time this first trimester is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Oh how i remember sore boobs..It was one of my only symptoms..Besides eating like there was going to be a famine :o
    36 weeks now and i have leaky boobs lol tmi :P

Can anyone help with movement..Im not getting kicks and all im getting is like shuffling and stretching..Also i googled i know i shouldnt have but i did..It said i should be getting 10 movements every 2 hours..I might get 30 in a day but never 10 in 2 hours..

Anyone else had a slow down of movements ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Hi all,

6 weeks 2 days today, and I have to say I'm feeling great. Haven't had any nausea yet. The only symptom I have is that my breasts have gone huge!! Have already gone from 34B to 36C. My husbands delighted!! Pity they're so tender though. Ouch!

Kind of getting worried with the lack of symptoms though. Makes it feel like it's not real or that something has gone wrong.

I booked an early scan at 9 weeks in a place in Blackrock, so all my worries will hopefully be relieved then. God I never realised how scary a time this first trimester is.
    Hi HG, your boobs are a symptom! Mine have got bigger too so I'll probably need new bras soon.

We're pretty much at the same stage and it's definitely a scary time. I've only known for just over 2 weeks and it seems an eternity ago. I just want to get to 12 weeks as soon as possible. I've a scan booked at 9 weeks too in Rathgar.

BTW, nausea, dizziness and heartburn hit me out of the blue last week. Up until last Monday I was doing fine, a little light headed at times but that was it. I couldn't eat very much last week and even this week I can only eat bland food and am craving potatoes and can't bear meat or rich food. So prepare yourself for the very sudden onset of symptoms!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Hi Talkin,

I would've been roughly the same height/weight and my little lady is now almost 4 months old.
    I think it you can fit in a bit of exercise great but I wouldn't stress too much about it either.
    Once you're taking your Folic Acid that's the most important thing :)

Best of luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 HerbertGirl

BTW, nausea, dizziness and heartburn hit me out of the blue last week. Up until last Monday I was doing fine, a little light headed at times but that was it. I couldn't eat very much last week and even this week I can only eat bland food and am craving potatoes and can't bear meat or rich food. So prepare yourself for the very sudden onset of symptoms!

Oh no, poor you! I should be careful what I wish for!! My sister didnt have any symptoms at all other that a growing belly throughout her pregnancy, so maybe I'll take after her... finger's crossed... sounds a whole lot better than what you're going through!

Hope you're doing ok besides that... It's such a nice feeling knowing there's a little bean growing inside isnt it?!
    I googled pics this morning of what it looks like now and couldnt believe it! It has little eyes!! well, kinda anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I'll be 30 weeks on Friday and I have to say for once I don't have a moan! Ok, I'm tired and slow and still very much not at one with pregnancy but I do feel like I have made some progress and feel like the next 10 weeks approx should be doable (well not like I have a choice anyway!) Listening to some women at the hospital with due dates of next Feb 2011 made me feel great!

I've forgotten the dark early months when I was so sick and miserable and now can't wait to meet the little one. Looking forward to finishing up in work. Think I'll finish at the end of July so not too long to go and I find the weeks fly in looking after my 15 month old, whereas with my first pregnancy it seemed much slower as I had a lot mroe time on my hands.

That said I had a cry last night to myself thinking about the birth. Having been through it before and having a general idea of what to expect, I'm even more terrified than I was with my first:eek:

Queasiness coming back today. The same thing happened last week, Mon and Tues I was fine but from Wed it was steadily worse. My OH is away for the weekend with the car so it looks like I'll be confined to the back garden for Sat & Sun as I don't really want to be walking around town or something and then feel faint and have to bother with buses etc to get home.

I noticed Oasis have their sale on at the moment and for the first time ever I can't be bothered. I just can't bear the thoughts of walking around the shops. What's happening to me? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Swizzles wrote: »
    Oh how i remember sore boobs..It was one of my only symptoms..Besides eating like there was going to be a famine :o

Can anyone help with movement..Im not getting kicks and all im getting is like shuffling and stretching..Also i googled i know i shouldnt have but i did..It said i should be getting 10 movements every 2 hours..I might get 30 in a day but never 10 in 2 hours..

10 movements in 12 hours!! Never google... read your hospital literature it should say something about it in there. Baby has no room to move. If you're worried have something sugary (lucozade or a sugary snack) and lie down on your side, if there is still no movement head into the hospital because the peace of mind would be the best thing for you at that stage, they'll just do a quick scan and a trace to make sure everything is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

Swizzles wrote: »

Sorry swizzles, can't answer your movement questions, I'm sure it will be one of my worries later on.

Just on the leaky boobs thing, don't want to ask publicly about it so this forum would be a good place.
    Anyone else had it earlier than 20 weeks? I've had it since about 17 or 18 weeks, for a while it would just be occasional, but lately its been every night.

I'm sure its perfectly normal, but I'm just wondering why its happening so early? :confused: It seems to stop during the day, because I've been checking my bra to make sure I don't need breastpads or anything :o Thankfully not, maybe the pressure in the bra stops it, and they go mental at night!! I'm nearly 21 weeks now, someone needs to tell my body there is still 19 weeks (or more) to go. I thought it was something that just started in the last few weeks of pregnancy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It can very person to person some people hardly get it and some have it early on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 garniey_luvs

are there any mums in portlaoise i am new to the area and am 24 weeks pregant i am from australia and would really like to meet up with some other girls in the same situation.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It can very person to person some people hardly get it and some have it early on.

I was wondering the opposite actually. I never leaked whilst pregnant on my son and then I bottlefed him so I never leaked afterward either. On this pregnancy I haven't leaked and now I am wondering if I will be able to breastfeed? Probably the stupidest question ever but all my family leaked and I seem to be the only one who hasn't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I'm 18 weeks now but been leaking on and off since 15 and a half weeks...himself thinks its hilarious but he doesn't have to get up to change his top in the middle of the night!:mad::p

Lola92 wrote: »
    I'm 18 weeks now but been leaking on and off since 15 and a half weeks...himself thinks its hilarious but he doesn't have to get up to change his top in the middle of the night!:mad::p
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one then! I got a stage of 'can't cope' last night as it was getting worse. Don't want to wear a bra to bed just yet, but I think my idea of sticking on breast pads was a bit insane. Seemed like an idea at the time :rolleyes:

are there any mums in portlaoise i am new to the area and am 24 weeks pregant i am from australia and would really like to meet up with some other girls in the same situation.thanks
    I don't know if there are any on this thread, but I'm sure there might be some on http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/ just scroll down to the Pregnancy & Babies section. I've definitely seen a Kilkenny babies thread, just stick up a new thread for yourself, hopefully there might be a few lurking around for you.

I know how you feel, I've just moved to a new area away from my home town, but because I'm still working in Dublin I don't be around there much. I'm meeting some people walking the dog, but no pregnant mammies yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

ecaf wrote: »
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one then! I got a stage of 'can't cope' last night as it was getting worse. Don't want to wear a bra to bed just yet, but I think my idea of sticking on breast pads was a bit insane. Seemed like an idea at the time :rolleyes:

actually, wearing a bra to bed could be the best for you!! i wore one from the start...a comfy sports bra...it erally helped as they were supported and didnt feel as sore. Also, you can use breast pads then too. You might not want to, but having been wearing hem for the last three months i can tell you its much nicer than waking up soaked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Sticking on breast pads? Like with boob tape or something similar?:eek: Ouuuuch :D

hacked wrote: »
    actually, wearing a bra to bed could be the best for you!! i wore one from the start...a comfy sports bra...it erally helped as they were supported and didnt feel as sore. Also, you can use breast pads then too. You might not want to, but having been wearing hem for the last three months i can tell you its much nicer than waking up soaked!

Hacked I think I might have to start going down that route, woke up twice last night from it! Damn leaky boobs :mad:

Oh my lord my hormones are all over the place at the moment. I'm generally to be found either crying or letting rip at my OH. I even lost my temper with the little fella at lunch when he refused to eat :( I feel terrible about that. I hope I'm not going to be like this for the next 9 weeks or life will be miserable for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

i'm 27 5.3ft and about 10.1 stone. i want start trying for a baby in the next month or so but kinda worried bout the weight situation. would it be silly to get pregnant at this weight should i lose some weight first? this will be my first baby so im not so sure would this extra weight i have at the moment cause me problems during pregnancy or after pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Talkin, if you're concerned maybe check with your gp but personally I don't think you're overweight.

I was roughly the same height/weight when I got pregnant & ended up losing some weight in the first few weeks as I could eat very little with the morning sickness :o

• Advertisement

Lola92 wrote: »
    Sticking on breast pads? Like with boob tape or something similar?:eek: Ouuuuch :D

Hacked I think I might have to start going down that route, woke up twice last night from it! Damn leaky boobs :mad:

It was just a mad thought in the middle of the night - definitely not though!

Hacked - think I'm going to have to do that now too! I'd prefer to have some bra free time though, but not worth the discomfort that I'm having now. I'm also sitting at work wondering am I imagining it or is it leaking now. I think I'm just imagining it 'cos its on the brain now. :o Maybe time to bring a spare top to work soon!

talkin wrote: »
    i'm 27 5.3ft and about 10.1 stone. i want start trying for a baby in the next month or so but kinda worried bout the weight situation. would it be silly to get pregnant at this weight should i lose some weight first? this will be my first baby so im not so sure would this extra weight i have at the moment cause me problems during pregnancy or after pregnancy
    Talking - I agree with caprilicious, I don't think your too over weight either, but speak to your GP first if you are concerned.
    I'm about 5.6ft and I think I weighed about 10 + 3/4 stone before I got pregnant. I was around 70kg at 6 weeks anyway (which is 11 stone).
    I'm now 11 + 3/4 stone at 21 wks. I didn't have any morning sickness - so no weight loss for me, but I am continuing to walk every day or at least 3 times a week for over half an hour. I try to keep eating the same amounts as normal. They say you only need 200/300 calories extra in the last trimester (which isn't a whole lot of food). I also just take snacks like nuts (except peanuts, just in case)/ raisins for brunch, which keeps me going until lunch time.
    Around 2 stone is usually the total (approx) amount to be gained, 8lbs or that will be baby and another amount will be waters and placenta. The rest you will have loose after that, but breastfeeding is one way of using up excess fat stored during pregnancy! Can you tell that I've been reading up on the leaflets they give you :D

Good lord, the more I read about pregnancy the more I feel like :eek: :eek: :eek:

My boobs are getting quite big after 7 weeks and I'll soon have to buy new bras as I've now got 4 boobs (2 in the bra and 2 over it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Hi, would just like to join in :) I'm around the 12 weeks - due early Jan and have my scan next week - v excited! Only symptom i've had is the enlarged and quite sore boobs ... ouch. need to buy a new bra too! Looking forward to scan though as some reassurance that there actually is something in there!! Its kinda like I don't really feel pregnant because i haven't been sick or anything, which I know is stupid and I should be thankful that i've been so lucky!!

Don't think I like the sound of leaky boobs though! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Hehe i think ive scared everyone with the thoughts of leaky boobs :D

Its not that bad though to be honest..Just get a good bra and some nursing pads :)
    I didnt need them every night and for some reason i dont leak during the day..I think its down to at night sleeping on your side puts pressure on them and some can leak out..But its normal so dont worry ..Shoulda seen my face when i woke up one morning i was around 17 weeks and went running down the stairs to my mam to ask her if i was dieing becoz my boobs had leaked through two tops ...Pity noone told me the whole house was watching tv when i burst in :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Have a cold and everytime i sneeze or blow my nose it happens aswell :o

37 weeks tomorrow and i think i cant take the heat anymore ..I mean i feel like im carrying around two of me and am finding it so hard to breathe..Doesnt help braxton hicks most nights and end up seeing my dinner again:o:o

How is everyone else feeling??

Welcome girls, yeah I felt the same up until recently when the bump started to appear, even though I had had the scan. Now I'm feeling little kicks for the last 3 weeks so its reassuring to have some sort of movement.
    I panicked a bit about the bigger boobs, I thought I'd be buying new bras every few weeks, but they have seemed to stop growing for the last few weeks. Yeah leaky boobs are yuck, I was ok about it happening sometime later on, slightly shocked that it started so soon around 18wks. :eek:

I've got hayfever too swizzles, driving me mad now, between that and the heat I don't know which is worse. :mad:

Talkin, if you're concerned maybe check with your gp but personally I don't think you're overweight.

I was roughly the same height/weight when I got pregnant & ended up losing some weight in the first few weeks as I could eat very little with the morning sickness :o

thanks caprilicious, i suppose its because il be a first time mom (hopefully!)its so worrying. reading about all the extra calories you have to eat,sounds like a lot. i dont really eat a lot of meat either. i dont wanto come to the point early on in the pregnancy where i can budge cuz im too big :rolleyes: and its not for vain reasons! like will eating a healthy diet of fruit and veg,fish and maybe the odd slice of ham and bit of chicken be enough to be benificial for my growing baby. as i said i dont really like meat im not exactly a vegatarian but i wouldnt eat a lot of meat. dont drink milk or eat yoghurts. i have been takin folic acid for 3or more months now. like everyone here i just want to do everything right!

Talking - I agree with caprilicious, I don't think your too over weight either, but speak to your GP first if you are concerned.
    I'm about 5.6ft and I think I weighed about 10 + 3/4 stone before I got pregnant. I was around 70kg at 6 weeks anyway (which is 11 stone).
    I'm now 11 + 3/4 stone at 21 wks. I didn't have any morning sickness - so no weight loss for me, but I am continuing to walk every day or at least 3 times a week for over half an hour. I try to keep eating the same amounts as normal. They say you only need 200/300 calories extra in the last trimester (which isn't a whole lot of food). I also just take snacks like nuts (except peanuts, just in case)/ raisins for brunch, which keeps me going until lunch time.
    Around 2 stone is usually the total (approx) amount to be gained, 8lbs or that will be baby and another amount will be waters and placenta. The rest you will have loose after that, but breastfeeding is one way of using up excess fat stored during pregnancy! Can you tell that I've been reading up on the leaflets they give you :D

oh wow thanks :D i thought you needed those extra calories all the way through the pregnancy!your a life saver!:D two stone seems like just a lot im not tall! i have the feeling i wouldnt just get weight where my bump is ive a feeling id get weight everywhere! and im not been vain as i said before i just wanto be able to move around! and congrats on your pregnancy!

I've got a question that perhaps someone can help me with. My doctor gave me a letter for the ANC for my appointment. It's been sitting in my bag for almost 4 weeks :( because I never clarified with the doctor if I put it in the post or if I drop it into the hospital.

I'd post it but I'm thinking it might get lost so perhaps I'd be better going to the hospital and dropping it in.

I'm not usually this ditzy and I wonder how I'm supposed to look after a little baby if I can't even organise my hospital appointments but any feedback would be welcome. Thanks!

• Advertisement

How Strange, the way it worked for me going public in Holles Street was that the doctor writes up a letter alright but I had to ring and sort out my own appointment and then I brought the letter with me. Maybe it varies from hospital to hospital or is different depending on if you are going public/semi private but as far as I know you have to ring and make the appointment yourself. I wouldn't bother turning up at the hopsital until you at least ring them.

I'm not sure how far along you are but if you had your pregnancy confirmed by the doc four weeks ago I would ring them asap as all the maternity hospitals are very busy.

My OH, the angel that he is is driving me into work every morning now, which is great as it means I'm not so wrecked starting my day off. He says that he keeps seeing pregnant women everywhere so we played 'count the pregnant women' on our 20 minute journey and spotted 5!!

Advertisement