Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Can't say I miss being pregnant, though I loved being pregnant. Guess I am just too taken up with the baby now!
    All seems to be going well, Clara is a great feeder and seems to be getting between 4 and 6 hours at night, so I cannot complain. She is very good and does not cry a whole lot, though I have out down a trying enough few hours just now, where she fed and fed. Feeling like a boob on legs at the mo lol!
    Cathy so glad all is well with you, you are doing so well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

fi1979 wrote: »
    Can't say I miss being pregnant, though I loved being pregnant. Guess I am just too taken up with the baby now!
    All seems to be going well, Clara is a great feeder and seems to be getting between 4 and 6 hours at night, so I cannot complain. She is very good and does not cry a whole lot, though I have out down a trying enough few hours just now, where she fed and fed. Feeling like a boob on legs at the mo lol!
    Cathy so glad all is well with you, you are doing so well!

I really miss being pregnant, but I think it's a combination of missing my freedom a lot and bad birth experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Lola92 wrote: »
    Hi boardsies, just found out myself and OH are expecting our first! Delighted but big shock ( two false negatives at week 5!)

As far as I can gather I'm 8weeks gone at this stage, and we're very excited for what the future holds!:)

p.s Cathy and Shane your little boy is adorable, congratulations! I hope I will be here posting a similar pic in November :D

Wow, I only think of myself as being a little bit pregnant, your the first person I've encountered that's due after me (3rd Oct).

Best of luck, even at 8 weeks when I saw the doctor, I still didn't believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Wmpdd3 Congrats :D
    Welcome to the club :)

Have drawn up my list for my hospital bag (Im too prepared for my own good:pac:) Cant wait to get it sorted just got the house to clean then and babies clothes and bedding to wash :D Not bad with 11 weeks to go ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carm12345

Hi everyone new to this. Myself and my husband are expecting our first baby in nov.I am only 9 weeks pregnant and very nervous. We have been trying for 5 years going through different fertility treatments. clomid injections but failed in the end i tried acupuncture for only 5 weeks and got pregnant so this is our little miracle. i have told only family yet but am dying to tell all my friends but am afraid i might jinx it. I work in a special needs school so am finding to work very tiring.i know it is normal to be exhausted for the firt 12 weeks but will be relieved when the 12 weeks are up. i also have a history of a blood clot so i have to unject myself daily with inehep(blood thinner) injections which is very hard as i am covered in bruises. Was doing the injections myself but have gotten very nervous so my ,husband is doing it now for me ,dont know what i would do without him. would love to hear from anyone who has gone through semilar experiences or first time mums thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Went through the fertility thing 5 years ago when I was 23+. Basically was told they couldn't do any more for me. Had totally given up, until last Nov when we decided to give it one last go, in Feb when Christmas was over!.

Got preg on New years eve!

My sister is currently going through treatment in the Rotunda, early stages, so she is delighted to hear any stories of hope.

The tiredness was the most debilitating thing from wk 8 to 12.

Before, I though nothing of sleeping for 4 hrs per night, I worked 55hrs per week, went swimming twice per week and out most Saturday nights.

I thought I was going to crash my car driving the 3 miles home from work. I wished for morning sickness bad enough just to get me out of bed for 7.00 am. Other than that I couldn't open my eyes. I fell asleep in the bath, the car, the couch everywhere!

I had my hospital app at 13 weeks, but I couldn't wait, so I started taking spa-tone iron before I went in. I don't think it made a massive difference, but once 14 weeks was over I feel much better. Only sick when my stomach is empty. Still not as much energy as I had but just enough to function between 7 am and 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Hi girls had my anomly scan today was amazing we found out were having a girl we already have a 2 yr old daughter so glad shes going to have a sister i don't have any sisters and always wanted one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

A belated congratulations Shane & Aoife!
    Sorry I'm so late to congratulate ye both, I've been avoiding the pregnancy forum the past few weeks, makes me too broody!!
    Little Shane is an absolute dote, I'm so glad all you have both been through over the past few months has been worth it, he really is a gorgeous baby.

I hope the lack of sleep gets easier after a while for you both. Its amazing I was a bit of a sloth while I was pregnant and loved 8 - 12 hour sleeps at the weekend.
    Now I think I've had a lie if I get a full 5 hours sleep! Its all worth it though for the lil ones :)

I'm delighted that he got to full term & hope you're healing well after the section.

Congrats also to all the newly confirmed pregnant ladies on the thread.
    Hopefully it wont be too long before I'm back on this forum again, though hubby would prefer wait at least a year before we go again. spoilsport!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Pfft, I was pregnant again when Addison was 5 months and it's working out fine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Pfft, I was pregnant again when Addison was 5 months and it's working out fine ;)

how are you finding the gap?
    I was thinking of going again when Robin is 6 months.

• Advertisement

I would love to try again but my GP put me off a little, I asked her when would be safe to start again/how soon and she said best a minimum of a year gap 'as the risk of infant mortality under 1 year after birth was high' :eek:

I could understand being told that if I was older maybe or had encountered health problems during this pregnancy, but I'm only 28 and had a really good/healthy pregnancy!
    I cant wait to have a little brother or sister for Rose :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ndhanley

hey all, firstly congrats to all the other yummy mummies to be. im hoping somebody can help me as im at my wits end now. im 30 weeks preggers and due to go on maternity leave from work in 7 weeks. and to put it bluntly my area manager is a complete and utter pr**k!! hes been putting some serious pressure on me and putting rediculous workloads on me, even though i repeatedly said im unable to cope with that much pressure and in some cases physically unable to get it done, each time iv been met with intimidation and abuse saying its just not good enough and a person of my experience should be well up to the task. experience has nothing to do with my capabilities at the moment. im going to contact our HR dept in the morning but other then that in really dont know what to do , its all making me feel ill. oh and i failed to mention iv already been out sick 2ce because of the stress iv been put under(even though my certs only say pregnancy problems!!) i dont know if i can cope with any more stress physicaaly mentally or emotionally and i hate to think what its doing to my poor little one. he should know better given his position in the company and also the fact his wife gave birth only 2 months ago!!!! any help appreciated. thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

In the same boat now....Aidan is 6 months and I am 8 weeks:o Have two older ones though and there is 2 years gap and they are very close

off topic but isn't it hard to type with a baby whacking the keyboard sitting on your lap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ndhanley wrote: »
    hey all, firstly congrats to all the other yummy mummies to be. im hoping somebody can help me as im at my wits end now. im 30 weeks preggers and due to go on maternity leave from work in 7 weeks. and to put it bluntly my area manager is a complete and utter pr**k!! hes been putting some serious pressure on me and putting rediculous workloads on me, even though i repeatedly said im unable to cope with that much pressure and in some cases physically unable to get it done, each time iv been met with intimidation and abuse saying its just not good enough and a person of my experience should be well up to the task. experience has nothing to do with my capabilities at the moment. im going to contact our HR dept in the morning but other then that in really dont know what to do , its all making me feel ill. oh and i failed to mention iv already been out sick 2ce because of the stress iv been put under(even though my certs only say pregnancy problems!!) i dont know if i can cope with any more stress physicaaly mentally or emotionally and i hate to think what its doing to my poor little one. he should know better given his position in the company and also the fact his wife gave birth only 2 months ago!!!! any help appreciated. thanks in advance :)

Talk to HR about it or talk to your dr about going on maternity leave early.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Talk to HR about it or talk to your dr about going on maternity leave early.

Min is 2 weeks prior to due date- but you can supplement this with other types of leave. HR should be aware of the potential trouble they are leaving themselves open to on this one (speaking as a former personnel officer!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/employment/employment-rights-and-conditions/leave-and-holidays/maternity_leave
    If you start maternity leave on or after 1 March 2007, you are entitled to 26 weeks’ maternity leave together with 16 weeks additional unpaid maternity leave.

Under the Maternity Protection (Amendment) Act 2004 at least 2 weeks have to be taken before the end of the week of your baby's expected birth and at least 4 weeks after. You can decide how you would like to take the remaining weeks. Generally, employees take 2 weeks before the birth and the remaining weeks after. If you qualify for Maternity Benefit (see below) at least 2 and no more than 16 weeks must be taken before the end of the week the baby is due.

The minimum you have to take of before your due date is 2 weeks, the maximum you can take before your due date is 16 weeks.

foxy06 wrote: »
    In the same boat now....Aidan is 6 months and I am 8 weeks:o Have two older ones though and there is 2 years gap and they are very close

off topic but isn't it hard to type with a baby whacking the keyboard sitting on your lap!

Very very hard to type... my little one knows how to put google chrome onto full screen and everything now :o haha!

The gap is fine ebmma, I am a little tired but Saoirse is a much better sleeper than Addison was. It's getting into a routine that is the hardest part, Addison can be very difficult with naps and often won't have one until the evening time which makes cleaning hard to do if she's running around undoing everything I've just done! To combat that I bought her a ball pit thing from Lidl a couple of weeks ago and she amuses herself with that while I clean :D!

capri, I never heard of that and to be honest I don't think it would put me off trying again... (well, me personally, I won't be trying again!! :p ) plenty of women have less than a year age gap between their babies (I've read of one woman having a 9 month gap, her first baby was born premature and she got pregnant when the baby was 3 months old, her second child was 3 months premature!).

capri, I never heard of that and to be honest I don't think it would put me off trying again... (well, me personally, I won't be trying again!! :p ) plenty of women have less than a year age gap between their babies (I've read of one woman having a 9 month gap, her first baby was born premature and she got pregnant when the baby was 3 months old, her second child was 3 months premature!).

That's what I thought, I was reading on RC a similar thread and all the ladies there said there doc told them to give it 6 months that'd be fine.
    Kind of freaked me out to be honest! That said, there was a student doc observing the check up so I don't know if maybe she was sticking strictly to the letter of what they learn in doctor school for his benefit? :confused:

Is it bad that I was already looking at maternity clothes on ebay?:o

No! Seriously if you want another baby so soon, go for it, you'll regret it otherwise! You could start trying now ;) It may take you a while :p

Addison can say Saoirse's name now, it's soooo cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Addison can say Saoirse's name now, it's soooo cute!

aww thats cute. My own Dad cant say my Saoirses name :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Paddy James

Hello all

We just found out we were have twins (first kids) and are wondering where is the best place to buy a twin buggy in the south and noth

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hey ladies.. I had my reassurance scan today after miscarrying last year.. 10 + 4 today and baby looks great.. Got loads of pics, some great ones of the little one waving at us, the doctor was waving back at the screen was so funny :D

Anyway, we're delighted and hopeful that this one is for keeps :D

So far so good.. No sickness, some mild nausea but that's it.. Very tired in the evening times and some slight back ache but otherwise I'm on top of the world..

Glad to be back :p

Xzanti - congratulations!! I'm absolutely delighted for you. I remember reading your post last year after you lost your little Angel, I think I had just found out I was expecting at that stage and felt so sad for your loss.
    That is brilliant that baby is doing so well, please God you'll have a nice easy pregnancy :)

Paddy James - I'm not to sure of where is the cheapest as I'm not in the market for a double buggy (yet ;)) but I did deal with Eurobaby in Airside retail park in Swords and they were so lovely.
    The place was jammers, realls busy but they were very helpful.
    Online I see http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10751&msg=
    recommended a lot & their delivery to Ireland isn't too dear either.

Congrats by the way!!

Just copped this thread has gone very quite (last post April), I'll have to hurry up and work on having a reason to re-join it ;):D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congratulations xzanti!

I'm so delighted for you and your other half.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Hi all! Posted ages ago when we first found out and am now 19+3 so nearly at the half way mark! Had a rough start but all good now! Loadsa energy! Have decided we are not gonna find out the sex! Kinda want a surprise on the day!

xzanti wrote: »
    Hey ladies.. I had my reassurance scan today after miscarrying last year.. 10 + 4 today and baby looks great.. Got loads of pics, some great ones of the little one waving at us, the doctor was waving back at the screen was so funny :D

Anyway, we're delighted and hopeful that this one is for keeps :D

So far so good.. No sickness, some mild nausea but that's it.. Very tired in the evening times and some slight back ache but otherwise I'm on top of the world..

Glad to be back :p

Congratulations xzanti!! Here's hoping it's a happy and healthy pregnancy for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Well ladies and gents. Im back on the pregnancy thread again!! My lil man is now nearly 9 months and I got a surprise this morning, baby number 3 is well and truly going to make an arrival around Christmas time. VERY shocked at the mo, double buggy here i come! Anyone have 2 babies close together? Dreading telling my mam, had a fairly difficult pregnancy last time.

Well ladies and gents. Im back on the pregnancy thread again!! My lil man is now nearly 9 months and I got a surprise this morning, baby number 3 is well and truly going to make an arrival around Christmas time. VERY shocked at the mo, double buggy here i come! Anyone have 2 babies close together? Dreading telling my mam, had a fairly difficult pregnancy last time.

Hola! My daughter was 5 months old when I got pregnant on number 2! Don't dread telling your mam, I did, put it off for so so so long (eh... two months before the baby was due and even then it was my mam who asked me was I pregnant not me telling her!), it was a lot easier than telling her the first time, she was delighted and so was my dad.

Double buggy shopping is hard :( Do it now, there's so many choices available that you need to do your research!

You'll be fine, I take it mister man will be nearly 18 months when baby number two is due?? Take it from me, he'll dote on the baby, my little one loves giving kisses and rubbing her back when I'm burping her etc. I actually think they may be a bit too young to be jealous at that stage.

The routine is going to be the hardest part, try and get your babies into a pattern that you can get the both to sleep at a certain time of the day (so when the newborn is between feeds at say 12 see if you can get the older one to take his nap then too, (do it gradually over the course of your pregnancy to get him used to it) it will give you some time to yourself to relax and/or do a quick bit of cleaning :P

Oh, and congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

Congratulations Galwaygirleen! Baby number 3 is on the way, so I don't know why you would have reason to dread your Ma anymore!!! She should be chuffed to death for you, or she's not worth it :)

My friend has 9 months old twin boys and her number 3 is expected in September. She represents the Mum Godess to me. I bow very low for her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Thanks everyone for the replies, had a good route around last night at double buggies and bigger cars and the like last night dont feel so nervous bout it now. Im sure my mam will be fine, just worried!

Advertisement