Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you go sp in Holles st the main difference to public is that you have the same consultant for all your visits and if you are lucky private or semi private accommodation after the baby is born.
    Never heard anyhting about extra post natal care,all mine was with the gp as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Well im now offically over due :o:o
    As of yesterday ..Good news is im being brought in for an induction on Thursday 22nd
    I dont think theres any chance ill go earlier tbh..That being said ive had my show and plug and at the last exam all doc could feel was the waters :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Hopefully that makes a difference :confused:

Congrats Target..The little man is handsome :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Thinkin of you tonight Swizz! Hope you are flying at it and that you have a happy healthy delivery.xxx:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

The very best of luck Swizzles, I hope at this stage you have a babe in arm & are both having a well earned sleep now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Good luck swizzles! Can't wait to her about your new arrival!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

new_dad wrote: »
    My wife just found out yesterday that she's pregnant. I'm literally bursting to tell everyone but of course I can't yet....except you guys!

I honestly have never been this happy in my life, please god everything will go well between now and March.

/sings/

hey everybody, thanks very much for the congratulations. Things are going well so far, herself is very tired and quite nauseous but I'm taking that as a positive. We've told our families now, everyone is delighted. Time goes so s-l-o-w-l-y - can't believe we've only known for three weeks, and have five more to go before the scan! hopefully the next time I talk to ye it'll be under my real name :D Keep your fingers crossed for us!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

hey everybody, thanks very much for the congratulations. Things are going well so far, herself is very tired and quite nauseous but I'm taking that as a positive. We've told our families now, everyone is delighted. Time goes so s-l-o-w-l-y - can't believe we've only known for three weeks, and have five more to go before the scan! hopefully the next time I talk to ye it'll be under my real name :D Keep your fingers crossed for us!
    Am really hoping that all goes well for you and your wife...at the begining yes things go slowly, when you get to 20 weeks though then it goes by in a flash. One thing that everyone told me and I stupidly ignored though was to get some sleep while you can - please do, having a baby is a great joy and so much fun but takes a lot out of you.

Well ladies im pleased to announce the arrival of little Caitlin :)
    Born on Tuesday 20th July at 10.16pm weighing a whopping 10 pounds 6 oz:o

We came home on Friday and trying to get into a routine..Mommy had her spoilt already so its a bit hard:o:olol

Hope everyone is doing well :)
    xxx

Enjoy the time now..Lol Little miss is home a few days and i dont think ive had a few mins to myself,,,Wouldnt have it any other way though..Congrats!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Congratulations Swizzles :) Hope you, your partner and little Caitlin are doing well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Swizzle!! so glad that mum & baby are doing well x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 caramolly

I'm new to boards so might be a different thread going on this. Due on 1st Oct and have been told that won't get any maternity benefit whatsoever. Have worked for husband and paying PRSI (tho not class A because you can't pay that when you working for spouse). Now self employed but won't be making returns until next october. So despite having worked constantly and paying income tax and prsi no benefit? It's crazy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ste9

Hi guys

My girlfriend is in her tenth week of pregnancy and we are trying to figure out the costs of semi-private care. The NMH website says the initial outlay is 500 euro but when we rang them they said the cost had increased to 900 and 400 of that could be claimed back thru VHI...seems like a very big jump in price so wondered if anyone else has some recent experience and can help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

caramolly wrote: »
    I'm new to boards so might be a different thread going on this. Due on 1st Oct and have been told that won't get any maternity benefit whatsoever. Have worked for husband and paying PRSI (tho not class A because you can't pay that when you working for spouse). Now self employed but won't be making returns until next october. So despite having worked constantly and paying income tax and prsi no benefit? It's crazy:(

Hey there, I'm due 3rd of OCT!!

I know my sister-in-law had war trying to get maternity pay, she's half self employed half PAYE. I know in the end she got it on appeal.

It's getting kinda close now, the SW reccommend you send away your form 6 weeks before you intend stopping working. (I'm due to go on MAT leave on the 15th of Sept, so I have 2 weeks to send off the form.)

I would say bring your payslip to the citizen's advice breau and see what thet can make of it. Maybe your husband's accountant may know?

You could also try posting on the social welfare forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861

bets of luck!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ste9 wrote: »
    Hi guys

My girlfriend is in her tenth week of pregnancy and we are trying to figure out the costs of semi-private care. The NMH website says the initial outlay is 500 euro but when we rang them they said the cost had increased to 900 and 400 of that could be claimed back thru VHI...seems like a very big jump in price so wondered if anyone else has some recent experience and can help me out?

The cost in nmh has increased,just give them a call and they will tell you exactly what it is.
    I think it is now 800 upfront.
    They are extremely busy so ring asap.I rang at 4 weeks and it was hard to get a consultant!
    I had my 1st in January 2009 and was extremely happy with the care there it cost 250 euro back then,cost 500 this time and they are keeping in line with the other 2 Dublin hospitals by upping it again.
    Depending on your vhi cover you can claim some of this back under pre natal and claim the balance against med 1,so last time in the end it cost me nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I bought my first maternity clothes today :) I'm 14 weeks today and I have a definite pudgy belly and big boobs. I'd say I look more like I've eaten one too many packs of crisps lately than pregnant but my loose jeans which were fine last week were tight yesterday so needs must.

Also, I'm going on hols to Italy in September and I need some clothes for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

starting to freak out girls i am been induced in a week and half at 37 weeks i have coleastis of pregnancy the liver thing. was induced on my first and she went into distress and was delivered by forceps which ended in loads of stitches for mammy so fretting now. i know its all worth it in the end.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Our son was delivered by c-section at 37 weeks as he was "failing to thrive", not that you would know it now, I had a few hours to prepare - I know that it is scary but at least you are already a parent, I did not have a clue when I had my little guy. I wish you all the best, I just wish that I was pregnant again, I want another one...

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

My DS was induced at 37 weeks due to lack of fluid. I was told on the Thursday I would be induced on the Sat evening but eventually they brought me in on Friday evening instead. It was very scary because I thought I had loads more time. I was convinced I'd go two weeks over which would have given me another 5 weeks!
    Anyway everything went fine, it was a hard enough labour but he never went into distress and is a healthy, happy one year old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

:confused:I have been ttc for 14 months, was put on clomid and two months later(today) i got bfp on digi test which said 1-2 weeks along. Now, I don't know what to do. Too early for doc? Should i be taking supliments? Is 1-2 weeks considered a chemical pregnancy? I have a lot of the symptoms described on the forums but they are also very similar to pre period symptoms.

Sorry for jumping in. Jusy need a wee bit of guidance....:confused:

• Advertisement

1-2 weeks means 5-6 weeks.
    Go to your doc:)
    If you are not going public you will need to book your hospital place asap.

Also, Congrats:))

Thanks Moonbeam. I'm so up the walls with nerves and sheer excitment. I'm delighted really. Doc app it is!!! :)

Doc says negative....Talk about confused.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

May79 the same thing happened to me - I got a positive on a home test but the docs test was negative. The doctor told me that their tests aren't as accurate as the home tests when you're testing relatively early (plus you were probably doing the home test first thing which helps).

Anyway I was pregnant - I'd say do another test tomorrow first thing and hopefully it should be positive! My doc just made me wait a week and then go back to re-test on her tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

has anybody used temp when trying to conceive?

Thanks silly socks.... I feel so stupid now to be honest. I have done two clear blue and both said pregnant 1-2 weeks and i did one in the afternoon and another the following morning. The doc was pretty negative. He was a stand in for my usual gp. I'll just have to wait and see. It's funny how dissappointed i feel even though i didn't think the clomid had worked at all..

But seriously - thank you for positive comments :(

ok yesterday my temp was 35.4 and yesterday was my 7th day after ovulation. today my temp is 36.7 and have cm feel almost wet(sorry to be so graphic) been havin sore breasts though for a few days now-is that a bad sign?

may79 that also happened my mother with my youngest brother she knew she was pregnant she could feel it and even though the doc gave her three negative preg tests and practically laughed at her when she said she knew she was preg, after blood test though the doc realised my mother was right(obviously!)

Hi talkin

I have never used the temp method - I may have to after this:rolleyes:. I don't know what pregnant feels like. I'll have to wait and see. Though i feel like i am going mad. Are you getting the progesterone tested cd21?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I did the temping for one month. My temps were all over the place really because if I drank at the weekends it would spike and for some reason we were out at least one night every weekend. However, on day 24 my temp went up and stayed high and I knew on day 29 when my temp didn't drop that I was most probably pregnant. There was no increase when I ovulated and fertility friend tried to automatically adjust my chart to say I hadn't ovulated even though I knew I had by using opks.

Tbh, I found it interesting but annoying as well as you have to take the temp at the same time every day. If I were doing it all again I'd use opks for a couple of months or so before starting temping.

Advertisement