Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Many congrats Red Fraggle and husband:D. Delighted for you both! And congrats on the thread too, great idea, has been a great read for the last 6 months:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

dublinlady wrote: »
    That is helpful... I am being too fussy! I'm 33+4, was at hosp today, everything ok, they wanted 35+4 gp and then 37+ 4 hosp. I Thought that was too long before being back to hosp..., I lost one twin at 9 weeks and the thought of not getting properly checked again for a month freaked me out completely. They then changed me to 34+4 gp and 35+4 hosp.... I think I'm being unreasonable - I think I'll change gp to 35+4 and hosp to 36+4... A compromise. I think I just panicked about sonething going wrong... Is that the right thing to do do ya think? I mean there's nothing wrong at all now with this baby, right size, movement galore, everything! I think I over reacted... I'll be embarassed phoning them tom, but better that than waste their time!

You're a concerned mum to be.. it's ok to panic ;) I was so laid back on my last one.. he is my 4th so there were one or 2 appointments that i put off for a week or 2.. once everything is ok i wouldn't worry.. if there are any problems then you can always phone or go to the hospital.. not long now anyway . .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

its me!! im home with my little bundle of joy. cant believe she came early. bit of a shock but a lovely one. soooooo glad its over! i will post in the birth stories soon as i can. no pain relief and went from 5cm to 10 cm in an hour!!

hope everyone is doin well!! :D

Awww I just came in to check on you! Can't believe she's finally here! I feel like we've been with you every step of the way :D

Congratulations to you both and welcome little Emily (gorgeous name) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

cbyrd wrote: »

You're a concerned mum to be.. it's ok to panic ;) I was so laid back on my last one.. he is my 4th so there were one or 2 appointments that i put off for a week or 2.. once everything is ok i wouldn't worry.. if there are any problems then you can always phone or go to the hospital.. not long now anyway . .;)

Yup - changed my appt to a week further - I'll be 36 & 4 then which is grand! Don't want them thinking I'm precious ;)
    Think I just panicked as even though I knew I was 34 weeks it suddenly occurred to me that labour is only around the corner and more importantly a real actual baby will be coming home with ME!!! Hehe! Really thought I had gotten my head around that after 34 weeks of pregnancy and almost 2 yrs of trying!!! Feel better about it now - thanks for the perspective - its lovely to have somewhere to come to make sure I'm in check!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Quins5 - 10th Jan
    Red fraggle - 10th Jan
    Setlikejelly - 15th Jan
    MaxCharlie - 25th Jan
    Wmpdd3 - 31st Jan

Mrs Seorg - 9th Feb
    IvyTheTerrible - 19th Feb
    Dublinlady - 20th feb
    Pippington - 25th Feb

Ms2011 - 30th March

Staticdoor71 - 1st April (no I'm not joking )
    Cadyboo - 15th April
    Caprilicious - 19th April
    Shuwaaah - 23rd April

Neyite - 12th May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

ive put up my birth story if anyone wants a read. it was pretty quick and i had no pain relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Cat Melodeon & Red Fraggle, just read both of your birth stories. Very well written both, makes me so excited about the thoughts of labour (I know, sadist or what :D) just the thoughts of meeting this little person. Roll on April/May :)

Welcome on board Mrs. Seorg :)

Quins5 next in line, so exciting! I hate people that ask this.........but anything stirring?? ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Huge Congrats red fraggle, your birth story was very reassuring to read :)

Cap, Ivy I love lists too, I have my hospital bag list typed out since I was 6 weeks pregnant, how anal is that ha :D

I'm feeling kinda lonely on the EDD list, I seem to be the only one in March :(;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

ive put up my birth story if anyone wants a read. it was pretty quick and i had no pain relief.

Big congratulations! Sounds like a lovely experience in general. I'm actually looking forward to this labour malarky so I can meet my little man!

Happy due date quin5!! I know it could still be a couple weeks but no more than that!! Cant imagine how your feeling! Really really hope ur little bundle arrives ASAP! Thinking of ya , x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Well Im still here, EDD today.
    Had check up at the hospital this morning, met the midwife, she checked Bp and urine etc. Bp was thru the roof! So she said Lets do that again cos I felt completely fine... 2nd time it had dropped ever so slightly so she said 'right Im not going to talk to you now for 5 minutes and I want you to think happy thoughts' I was like yippppeeeee Here we go, This is my ticket in!!!
    No such luck. 3rd time lucky Bp was perfect! :o

Then met the Consultant, she had a good poke around the outside and scanned etc, baby was happy out swimming away in plenty of fluid so after a brief internal she said come back next week for induction if nothing happens in the meantime.

So here I am, waiting.

C'mon Bumpy, I cant wait to meet you!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nix84

Quins5 - 10th Jan
    Red fraggle - 10th Jan
    Setlikejelly - 15th Jan
    MaxCharlie - 25th Jan
    Wmpdd3 - 31st Jan

Mrs Seorg - 9th Feb
    Dublinlady - 20th feb
    Pippington - 25th Feb

Ms2011 - 30th March

Cadyboo - 15th April
    Shuwaaah - 23rd April

Neyite - 12th May

Nix84 - 20th July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Hope you don't mind if I join you:

Quins5 - 10th Jan
    Setlikejelly - 15th Jan
    MaxCharlie - 25th Jan
    Wmpdd3 - 31st Jan

Mrs Seorg - 9th Feb
    Dublinlady - 20th feb
    Pippington - 25th Feb

Ms2011 - 30th March

Cadyboo - 15th April
    Shuwaaah - 23rd April

Neyite - 12th May

Kash - 13th July
    Nix84 - 20th July

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Hope you don't mind if I join you gals :

Quins5 - 10th Jan
    Setlikejelly - 15th Jan
    MaxCharlie - 25th Jan
    Wmpdd3 - 31st Jan

Mrs Seorg - 9th Feb
    Dublinlady - 20th feb
    Pippington - 25th Feb

Ms2011 - 30th March

Cadyboo - 15th April
    Shuwaaah - 23rd April

Neyite - 12th May

Javagal- 9th July
    Kash - 13th July
    Nix84 - 20th July

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh, yeah, that list makes me feel much better!! I'll be back from maternity by the time the last person has their EDD!

I had my hospital app yesterday, from the minute I sat down I was in pain from sciatica, waiting 2 hrs which wasn't bad. The midwife couldn't think of anything to say to me. Pee, blood pressure etc perfect.

Head is down, jeans are uncomfortable so it's leggings only from here on in!

Baby has loads of fluid, blah blah blah, so she asked me are there any jobs going in the place I work for her son who dropped out of college.

She was lovely but what can you say when everything is going ot plan, she apploigised and said I have to ask you to come out in 2 weeks and we'll do this all over again.....if you dont go yourself.

My mother in law is out of the country until Thursday night so have to hold off til then.

I'd like 12-1-12 as a date of birth. Its better than Friday the 13th!!

Had a cup of raspberry tea last night and I thought it tasted rank, usually I love it. Typical, its the only thing to keep me away from the lucazade.

Such little things to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm Friday the 13th too!
    I'm not superstitious, but still :roll eyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Welcome Nix84, Kash & Javagal :)

Quins5 ah no I'd say you were disappointed when they sent you home, especially when the bp made you think they might keep you in.
    Hopefully it won't be too long now x

wmpdd3, I thought they had fixed the queueing system in the hospital so you're not waiting ages anymore? maybe I was lucky last time, in and out of the place in 45 mins.
    I had hoped for the same for my next appt (Monday), wont get my hopes up too much so!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Welcome Nix84, Kash & Javagal :)
    Indeed - welcome! :D
    wrote:
    wmpdd3, I thought they had fixed the queueing system in the hospital so you're not waiting ages anymore? maybe I was lucky last time, in and out of the place in 45 mins.
    I had hoped for the same for my next appt (Monday), wont get my hopes up too much so!

Thank god I got a kindle over Christmas. It was brilliant at my last ante natal to slip it into the handbag instead of a massive book or magazine that lasts 10 mins! Himself has Angry Birds, Flight Control and Pool Games on his phone so he was sorted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

I got a kindle too! Its great..no more boring old waiting at the midwives clinic :) haha my sister got it for me cos she though it would be a good idea for one handed reading when breastfeeding

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

When I arrived at 2:20 for a 2:30 appointment, there were 14 files on the desk in front of me. So it looks like they all arrived at 1:45 for their 2:30 appointment!

Only me and 2 others were there on their own, everyone else brought someone and/or a kid. It was jammers.

There were a few emergencies, atleast 3 were admitted straight and one lady was told she was having a section in 3 days time, she was very upset. A lovely doctor spoke to her personally for about 20mins, so I suppose it was a bit of a messed up day.

I met 2 people who were told to get blood taken after the scan but it was after 4: when they asked me where the blood place was, it closes at 4:00, so I sent them back to the clinic secretary. Never seen that happen before.

• Advertisement

35 weeks +4 today and had my 8 month gyny appointment this morning. My weight and bp are grand, I only put on 1.5 kg since December 1st! (considering what I ate over christmas, that is amazing!). The baby is fine, 2.4kg. Only thing is the gyny says he is gone quite low down, so there is a chance that he will be born a couple of weeks early. At least that explains why I have been so uncomfortable the last week. I better get my ass in gear and pack my hospital bags!

Also had an antenatal class at lunchtime, more breathing exercises, and I learned how to use the pilates ball. It was fun and VERY relaxing!

Tomorrow, I'm meeting with the anaesthesist at the clinic. This is so he can assess me to see if I am suitable for an epidural (this is done even iif you would prefer not to have one, so that if you change your mind you can still get one), and also to book me into the clinic. Eeep it's getting close now!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

pippington wrote: »
    I got a kindle too! Its great..no more boring old waiting at the midwives clinic :) haha my sister got it for me cos she though it would be a good idea for one handed reading when breastfeeding

Never thought of the breastfeeding! It will be soooo handy for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

35 weeks +4 today and had my 8 month gyny appointment this morning. My weight and bp are grand, I only put on 1.5 kg since December 1st! (considering what I ate over christmas, that is amazing!). The baby is fine, 2.4kg. Only thing is the gyny says he is gone quite low down, so there is a chance that he will be born a couple of weeks early. At least that explains why I have been so uncomfortable the last week. I better get my ass in gear and pack my hospital bags!

!

Dont know if being low is anything to go by, i went for my antinatal clinic at 35 weeks, all well. 2 days later i was in labour and had him, he was 7lb 5oz. There was no sign or triggers, my waters broke while i was fast asleep at 1am.

All mine had their heads down at 24 weeks and stayed that way, none were classed as LOW, both my other 2 were born 1 week before the edd.

Dont know if being low is anything to go by, i went for my antinatal clinic at 35 weeks, all well. 2 days later i was in labour and had him, he was 7lb 5oz. There was no sign or triggers, my waters broke while i was fast asleep at 1am.

All mine had their heads down at 24 weeks and stayed that way, none were classed as LOW, both my other 2 were born 1 week before the edd.

Yeah I never heard of the baby being low being a sign (apart from when the baby "engages".

The gyny said it after he measured the height of my tummy (30cm) and then did the internal exam, he said "Oh [surprised tone] he's very far down, he might come early".

But I haven't had a "show", no braxton hicks, my cervix is closed...so I reckon he's not coming out this week anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Yeah I never heard of the baby being low being a sign (apart from when the baby "engages".

The gyny said it after he measured the height of my tummy (30cm) and then did the internal exam, he said "Oh [surprised tone] he's very far down, he might come early".

But I haven't had a "show", no braxton hicks, my cervix is closed...so I reckon he's not coming out this week anyway!

I never got an internal until i was in actual labour. i think you reach a point where its 'the sooner the better', at 35 weeks babies are very strong, my guy was let home 26 hours after birth, was jaundiced until he was 6 weeks though.

My worst fear was my waters breaking in the supermarket or something like that, so i was quite happy it happened at home in bed but i was left questioning did i pee myself? or did my waters break? at 5am i went to the hospital (contractions were 2 mins apart at this stage) and they did a test and it confirmed my waters had broke.

Just had my first cup of raspberry leaf tea - I was expecting to hate it - it's lovely!!

I'm 35 weeks this weekend and can't imagine the baby coming in the next week or two - that must have been mad!! I've so much tidying and organising to do before that!!! Have my labour bag ready - the hospital one proving more tricky!!

I don't want anyone to know we knew the sex so bringing all whites and yellows with me but secretly just wanna pack it full of pink!!!! Haha - will have to wait til I get her home!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

hi there,

I had 'show' during the night and a few odd feelings n aches on n off through early morning, I really started to get excited but now everything has come to a halt :(

Please tell me its not too long after a 'show' before the action starts?!?:o

x

Quins5 wrote: »
    hi there,

I had 'show' during the night and a few odd feelings n aches on n off through early morning, I really started to get excited but now everything has come to a halt :(

x

Oh yeah Quin!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!
    From what I know (v.limited!!!) it usually happen within a day or two!
    Fab ur going on ur own! I'll be think of ya and dying to hear the good news!! Mind yourself hun! X x x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

hi there,

x

Wish it was good news Quin but you can have a show and go for a few weeks before baby makes their grand entrance! I really hope you don't have to wait too much longer though! I'm dying to hear :) so many of you are getting so close :) it really is the most amazing thing in the world to hold your baby for the 1st time, being a Mum had Absolutley completed me :) it's the best job in the world, hope your labours are quick ladies! Xx

• Advertisement

hi there,

x

My midwife said (and I quote) "When you get a show, you can think "YES!" the baby will arrive in the next week". Hopefully your little one will show up sooner!

Advertisement