Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Dreams are more Vivid during pregnancy, Its a "nightmare" all right.

The sickness is a great sign. When I had my miss last year, I had no symptoms what so ever, No morning sickness or tiredness. I thought I was really lucky, unfortunately the pregnancy wasnt progressing.

they say sickness is a healthy sign,although you dont feel so healthy. Just try and look after yourself, Make sure you are resting properly.

I have my scan in the morning, Very excited and nervous. Not looking forward to sitting waiting with a full bladder for the morning. But really looking forward to seeing my little baby floating around, I'll have a pic up tomorrow!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Quality i know what your talking bout my last 2 mc i had no symptoms the only way i copped on was i couldnt stomach the smell of food,so done a test and i was pregers,so this time i had no morning sickness so i was very worried but he arrived fine at9lbs 1 and hes doing grand.But on this pregnancy i was much more stressed and even now i keep my eye on him a little bit more but hes very pleasant and a good eater

• Registered Users Posts: 33,938 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Further up the thread I was saying how my mrs. wasn't too well after our little one was born. She's been a lot better the last couple of weeks but still had a lot of pain 'down there', was in the Coombe two weeks ago and got checked out but they didn't find anything.

Yesterday morning she produced a bit of placenta... a good three inches long I'm told :eek: and this ten weeks after the baby was born :eek: :eek:

So she went into the Coombe again and got an ultrasound to verify there were no more bits left. "That probably explains the pain you had and the infections you had" - no sh*t Sherlock, how come four doctors never found anything wrong before!?! Yet another course of industrial strength antibiotics and this time, we hope, normality is within reach soon...

I was in work when I got a phone call saying 'something funny' had happened... was pretty worried as a few years before I met her she nearly died of toxic shock and having a bit of dying flesh inside you for weeks on end can't be good, really...

I wouldn't mind but the doctor spent ages looking at the placenta after delivery looking to see if it was all there - turns out it wasn't :(

Life ain't always empty.

All went well today, Due date 9th of November. Baby was really active during the scan. Hospital in 9 weeks and doctor in 4!

Here are a few pictures of my little baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lookin' good Qual!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

ninja900 wrote: »
    Further up the thread I was saying how my mrs. wasn't too well after our little one was born. She's been a lot better the last couple of weeks but still had a lot of pain 'down there', was in the Coombe two weeks ago and got checked out but they didn't find anything.

Yesterday morning she produced a bit of placenta... a good three inches long I'm told :eek: and this ten weeks after the baby was born :eek: :eek:

So she went into the Coombe again and got an ultrasound to verify there were no more bits left. "That probably explains the pain you had and the infections you had" - no sh*t Sherlock, how come four doctors never found anything wrong before!?! Yet another course of industrial strength antibiotics and this time, we hope, normality is within reach soon...

I was in work when I got a phone call saying 'something funny' had happened... was pretty worried as a few years before I met her she nearly died of toxic shock and having a bit of dying flesh inside you for weeks on end can't be good, really...

I wouldn't mind but the doctor spent ages looking at the placenta after delivery looking to see if it was all there - turns out it wasn't :(

Thats all yas f*ckin need with a new babe,,,try not to worry though,im sure her body is healing itself and slowly sorting everything out. Keep a good eye on her and any more probs get her down to A & E (whether she wants to or not!!) but I doubt itll happen,,,,and congrats on babe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Ninja900 they are to quick to dismiss us cause they think they know it all its our bodies and i think we know when something is not right,well i hope everything goes well from now on and yous can enjoy the little one.Quality deadly pictures of the scan,do you know what you are having yet?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

She wasn't lying when she said the baby is really active - holy crap, there's pretty much somersaulting going on there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

mum2b wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I've just been told another clinic in Cork city, Pensose Wharf. Would you mind posting after your 3d scan to let me know how you found it ??? Would really appreciate it, thanks a mill
    Oh by the way, how many week are you ?

Yeh i heard about that place too but went with Baby Scan in the end!

Had to make 2 trips out - 1st time the lil pest was hiding its face in the placenta and had its back aiming outwards even with 7up and chocolate didnt move at all! Camera shy already :p

2nd time went a lot better - had a magnum ice cream and lucozade and a brisk walk before hand and the activity it was doing was something else, so much so the lady there said shes probably gonna get lucozade for future patients lol.

Was a lovely experience, girls out there are really nice and we were relaxed there and had a laugh too at the same time. Got a dvd, pics and a cd with pics to print off ourselves! I was 21/22weeks at the scan and im now 26 going 27 on Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Am having my first kid and am so so scared :S and I am starting college september :S. How hard is it really with kid? I have 2 - 3 weeks left of my boys night out.

• Advertisement

My brother went for a scan this morning with the girlfriend as she had a threathened miscarriage last week
    He couldn't see anything( its only 8 weeks) but a heartbeat is there and thats all they wanted :)

sorry 6 weeks they found out this apparentky the dates are wrong by a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Went for our 20 week scan with the missus yesterday. What an amazing experience. You could see everything on the little mite. The button nose, little hands, legs, fingers At one point it looked straight at the ultrasound probe as if it knew we were looking at it!! Frightening in an amazingly warm way.....

The midwife took all the measurements, sternum, cranium, spine, thigh, heart etc and everything added up to a healthy baby......

Role on Oct 4th! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Sick sick sick.... think I've caught a bug off the boyfriends grandmother. It's not the usual morning sickness... Oh well...

I had been battling in my head whether to go to the Coombe or to the Rotunda. The Rotunda is much closer but my first appt with them wasn't till July 22nd. The Coombe is so far out and they could give me an appt on 29th May!

So I've decided on a middle ground, booked a scan in the RCSI dept at the Rotunda for the 6th of June and gonna keep the 22nd July appt with them also. It'll be so much easier in the end!

RealistSpy wrote: »
    Am having my first kid and am so so scared :S and I am starting college september :S. How hard is it really with kid? I have 2 - 3 weeks left of my boys night out.

Its a hard but really worthwhile job, You get out what you put in.

Its the only thing in life worth doing!!

My brother went for a scan this morning with the girlfriend as she had a threathened miscarriage last week
    He couldn't see anything( its only 8 weeks) but a heartbeat is there and thats all they wanted :)

sorry 6 weeks they found out this apparentky the dates are wrong by a couple of weeks

Thats great news. Positive thinking from now on and plenty of rest for mam to be!!!
    flanzer wrote: »
    Went for our 20 week scan with the missus yesterday. What an amazing experience. You could see everything on the little mite. The button nose, little hands, legs, fingers At one point it looked straight at the ultrasound probe as if it knew we were looking at it!! Frightening in an amazingly warm way.....

The midwife took all the measurements, sternum, cranium, spine, thigh, heart etc and everything added up to a healthy baby......

Role on Oct 4th! :)

Ahh congrats, It makes it all real when you get to "See" your baby...

Sick sick sick.... think I've caught a bug off the boyfriends grandmother. It's not the usual morning sickness... Oh well...

I had been battling in my head whether to go to the Coombe or to the Rotunda. The Rotunda is much closer but my first appt with them wasn't till July 22nd. The Coombe is so far out and they could give me an appt on 29th May!

So I've decided on a middle ground, booked a scan in the RCSI dept at the Rotunda for the 6th of June and gonna keep the 22nd July appt with them also. It'll be so much easier in the end!

Ahh hope you are feeling better soon, Make sure your drinking plenty of fluids. Glad you got your hospital sorted. Roll on the 6th of June!!

Anyone here had a kid age 20 to 25 here? Where you in college? If so how did you cope. Am 20 so I dont qualify for BTE :(

I'm pregnant and I'll be 21 next week. It's going to be tough but so worthwhile. I'm not in college though, but I will have to go back to work, wouldn't be able to live otherwise.

You'll be fine, if you have someone to support you and look after baby while you are at college then you will be grand. If you need to ask any questions the girls and guys on this board are really helpful.

Good luck :)

Ah thanks. My gf is 24 this year but she cant take a year offer and I can't either. We have a childcare ready the problem is just money init. It will be tough though because my course is hard and I cant work too much but at least 20hrs.

Hey guys, Hope your all keeping well,

Just checking in. Starting to show a bit now, Energy levels are a bit higher and feeling movement from my little bean.

Fighting with the OH over names already....

Appetite decreasing.... Moodiness increasing...

Anyhow hope all the ladies and dads to be are keeping well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

Hey all, feeling better overall but im really moody on this pregnancy! My poor OH!!! Hows evreyone feeling?

5304178006a7945544698l.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah wow, that is amazing Adrieanne, How many weeks are you now? DId you get your due date?

I hope your bladder wasn't bursting too much..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ratoathguy

Hi
    My wife is due our baby in the next few weeks and having him at the Coombe in Dublin. From our experience I think a course in bedside manner should be given to some of their midwives!!! On every visit I've gone to and on one occassion we went to the emergency room we met attutude in some form or another. Has anyone had any experience of such there???

Quality wrote: »
    Ah wow, that is amazing Adrieanne, How many weeks are you now? DId you get your due date?

I hope your bladder wasn't bursting too much..:)

I know Quality! I'm right on with my dates so 13+1 and due 12th December!! Appt with Rotunda on 22nd July :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I just wanna say a big congrats to adrieanne! I can actually see a baby in your scan. Most scans I can't see a bloomin thing! And I LOVE those little preganacy countdowns you have in your sig! Awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

wife had baby in mullingar hospital today

she didn't know she was in labour on friday while we were out and about shopping for the new house, she rang the hospital when the pains became worse at 10pm but was told to sit it out, and was finally told to come in at 2am saturday

seen as i work in computers here the spec....
    first child
    not due for 4 days
    boy
    9lb 14oz
    natural
    pain relief-epidural, not as good as people make out
    pushing for nearly 2 hrs
    mullingar hospital... great staff, thanks

dad... got 2 hrs sleep in last 24hrs

good night

mukki wrote: »
    wife had baby in mullingar hospital today

she didn't know she was in labour on friday while we were out and about shopping for the new house, she rang the hospital when the pains became worse at 10pm but was told to sit it out, and was finally told to come in at 2am saturday

first child
    not due for 4 days
    boy
    9lb 14oz
    natural
    pushing for nearly 2 hrs

good night

Congrats to the wife! Got a name picked yet?? And 9lb 14oz ouch big baby...

mukki wrote: »

first child
    not due for 4 days
    boy
    9lb 14oz
    natural
    pushing for nearly 2 hrs

good night

Congratulations, He certainly is a bouncing boy, Nearly 10lb! Wow!!

Fill us in on name and if you get a chance post a picture for us to goo over.

The easy part is over now...The hard part starts ! Well done and best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Congratulations, He certainly is a bouncing boy, Nearly 10lb! Wow!!

Fill us in on name and if you get a chance post a picture for us to goo over.

The easy part is over now...The hard part starts ! Well done and best of luck

here you go, 3hrs old and no wrinkles

you might notice the top of his head looks dirty, that was from the suction cup, it was better after his first bath

must delete the sig

OMG, He is sooooo gorgeous. Isnt it just amazing how perfect they are... The little nose and ears and the fingers. So perfectly formed, Its hard to believe that he was in your wives tummy only hours before!! And he doesnt even look suctioned.

Oh I can't wait for mine, The smell of a new baby and the little bum on them that just fits in your hand when you hold them...

Congratulations, He is a little dote.:)

• Advertisement

OMG, He is sooooo gorgeous. Isnt it just amazing how perfect they are... The little nose and ears and the fingers. So perfectly formed, Its hard to believe that he was in your wives tummy only hours before!! And he doesnt even look suctioned.

Oh I can't wait for mine, The smell of a new baby and the little bum on them that just fits in your hand when you hold them...

Congratulations, He is a little dote.:)

Same here Quality, can't wait for mine to come along, even though I've ages left to wait! My friend had a baby three weeks ago and he's soooo gorgeous. I was holding him the other day and I was like "awww he's so perfect, and tinyyyy" I was nearly crying!

Advertisement