Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Avril123

That seems a bit late alright, that means you'll be 39 weeks when you're finished? You'll be able to give the class yourself by then :D I'm sure it was about 30 weeks or so when I did them. But I have heard they're quite busy at the mo. Apparently i was supposed to sign up for them this time around but I never bothered :o

Yeah it is quite late to be starting them, might ring them again tomorrow and see if I can start them earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Congrats! Does anyone else who hasn't found out through a scan have a feeling about whether it's a girl or a boy? Everyone told me I was having a boy last time, I thought it was a girl. They were right. This pregnancy has been so completely different that I have myself convinced again that it's a girl. I really don't have a preference one way or the other and I don't want to find out til baby actually arrives, but it's a nice guessing game!

The only reason i suspected a boy was because i was really sick on both girls. . kidney infections and uti's and chest infections. . with ben i just had morning sickness and indigestion. . this one just a bit of indigestion. . so my thinking was that with all the lady hormones on the double it probably makes you sicker .. just my thoughts. . i know my sis in law flew through her pregnancies with the boys but the last was a girl and she had every infection going plus developed asthma .. might be completely wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Avril123 wrote: »
    Yeah it is quite late to be starting them, might ring them again tomorrow and see if I can start them earlier

Yeah it is a bit late. I had my first in Rotunda at 21 weeks & the rest start from the 15th of August when I'll be 31 weeks. There are 5 left & there's 1 a week pretty much, so will finish up in early september at about 36 weeks.

When I was at my first though, there were 1 or 2 girls that were 30 + weeks, so they made them stay behind to speak with a physio & organise the rest of the classes asap.

I know this is kinda going off the pregnancy thread a bit but I am wondering did our partners/husbands bring you away for a night to a hotel before the baby arrived? We are thinking of heading away for a night next week before the baby arrives (baby isn't due til October but might not get a chane as we are hoping to move to a new place) but don't have a clue where to go, we want to go somewhere that is easy and quick to get to, we are in Dublin so the surrounding counties perhaps, where did you get bought to for your night away?

Haven't been away & don't know if I'll manage it (also due in October). I'm going away with my mam though for 2 nights in September, but not a hotel break as such. If you don't want to spend loads, keep an eye on dealpage.ie as there are hotel breaks there pretty much every day. One of them today is the one below, might be a bit close to home though?

http://www.beddeals.ie/dublin/deal/the-glenroyal-hotel-in-the-heart-of-maynooth-is-offering-bed-and-full-irish-breakfast-for-2-adults-p

• Advertisement

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Haven't been away & don't know if I'll manage it (also due in October). I'm going away with my mam though for 2 nights in September, but not a hotel break as such. If you don't want to spend loads, keep an eye on dealpage.ie as there are hotel breaks there pretty much every day. One of them today is the one below, might be a bit close to home though?

http://www.beddeals.ie/dublin/deal/the-glenroyal-hotel-in-the-heart-of-maynooth-is-offering-bed-and-full-irish-breakfast-for-2-adults-p

What date are you due? :D Thanks for sending that, Ill check out the deals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Yeah, we're going away the end of August ....all going well. Just up to Belfast for a night, we're Dublin also. I don't want to leave it too late coz last time I was 4 weeks early, so hopefully nothing will mess up our plans :D

Hubby tried to book somewhere down South, but couldn't find anywhere that would take us for one night only. It'll just be a the two of us too, the boy'll be staying with my folks :o

It's a good idea to organise it if you can, head off for a night or two and spoil yourselves. Pick a county and search trip advisor for nice hotels. I'm sure you'll get a good deal now.

Yeah, we're going away the end of August ....all going well. Just up to Belfast for a night, we're Dublin also. I don't want to leave it too late coz last time I was 4 weeks early, so hopefully nothing will mess up our plans :D

Hubby tried to book somewhere down South, but couldn't find anywhere that would take us for one night only. It'll just be a the two of us too, the boy'll be staying with my folks :o

It's a good idea to organise it if you can, head off for a night or two and spoil yourselves. Pick a county and search trip advisor for nice hotels. I'm sure you'll get a good deal now.

Wanted to wait until the end of August myself but
    hopefully moving into an apartment so decided to go next week, Places are still so expensive to stay just for one night with dinner, Think it will be nice to go away before the baby arrives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

we are goin away next weekend for 2 nights to clare. its our first wedding anniversary. baby due in january. cant wait. so excited just to be getting away together. work has been mad lately aswell. be nice to have some us and bump time! :D

we are goin away next weekend for 2 nights to clare. its our first wedding anniversary. baby due in january. cant wait. so excited just to be getting away together. work has been mad lately aswell. be nice to have some us and bump time! :D

Congrats on the first wedding anniversary!! Have never been to Clare, we have decided to go to a hotel in Kildare so not too far to drive just for a night, Yeah I can't wait for just some Us time and bump too :) Only thing is I am a bit worried about the food on the menu in the hotel as I was checking it out and there was things that I can't eat like prawns, pate, smoked salmon etc but hopefully It'll be a different menu to the one on the website :)

• Advertisement

Avril123 wrote: »
    Oral Slang wrote: »

What date are you due? :D Thanks for sending that, Ill check out the deals :)

Due the 18th, so 30 weeks on Tuesday! Dealpage.ie really is great cos it picks up the deals from loads of different pages!

Week 28, the weeks are just flying in :eek: Starting to panic about how I'm gonna cope with a toddler and a new baby....I really didn't think this through :eek:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Week 28, the weeks are just flying in :eek: Starting to panic about how I'm gonna cope with a toddler and a new baby....I really didn't think this through :eek:;)

You'll do brilliantly. Just don't put too much pressure on yourself to be Little Ms Stepford Mom! :D

I'm 20/21 weeks and I've missed my first scan! I though it was today but it was last friday. I rang this morning cos I wasn't sure of the time. Had to rebook for Tuesday. I'm not too upset. My partner couldn't come with today cos of work but he might (just might) be able to get a few hours off next week! :o fingers crossed!

He's got 3 sons already, so I'm always a bit worried that he's not really sharing in my excitement (it's my first!). But it's the little things, like when we were going to sleep last night and he put his hand on my little bump and said how he liked holding me and his son (he's that sure...). That little stuff makes me happy. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its tough, but you'll cope.
    Early morning is probably the worst- as you're tip toeing around hoping that you'll manage to sort one Baby- without them wakening the other.......
    Also- when you're at home with both- its actually easier to take care of them- and more stimulating for them- if you get out and about as much as possible.

Its not easy having two so close to one another- but you will find that you'll cope.

I know how you feel . . :D i can't catch ben at the moment and he knows it :eek: Cheeky beggar.. and i have a hormonal preteen who's driving me up the walls and back to school in 3 weeks so it'll be early mornings (eldest has to catch a bus at 8am) I'm starting to panic a bit too...
    I'm going to close my eyes to the housework, cook some emergency dinners now and stick them in the freezer. I'm going to rely on everything falling into place at the right time hopefully . . .:)

SO this is going to be my first so I am expecting to go over my due date, did many of you's go over your due date and by how long ?

nicowa wrote: »
    You'll do brilliantly. Just don't put too much pressure on yourself to be Little Ms Stepford Mom! :D

Ah jees, there's absolutely NO danger of that happening :D So glad the hospital were able to rearrange your appointment for you. That's lovely that your o/h is so sweet about it. My hubby gets freaked out when the baby kicks and hates feeling :D This is going to be my last pregnancy though so as the time progresses he's started to appreciate the little kicks a bit more. I'm just hoping that someday my son puts his head on my belly and he gets a kick in the mush! :D I really hope that happens :D
    smccarrick wrote: »
    Its tough, but you'll cope.
    Early morning is probably the worst- as you're tip toeing around hoping that you'll manage to sort one Baby- without them wakening the other.......
    Also- when you're at home with both- its actually easier to take care of them- and more stimulating for them- if you get out and about as much as possible.

Its not easy having two so close to one another- but you will find that you'll cope.

How do you balance the two? Not literally of course :D But is it easy making sure the oldest one still gets as much cuddles? My biggest fear is that I'll be in the middle of doing something for the baby and the toddler will want something and I'll be all the time tell him 'wait, wait wait'. I don't want to make him feel bad
    cbyrd wrote: »
    I know how you feel . . :D i can't catch ben at the moment and he knows it :eek: Cheeky beggar.. and i have a hormonal preteen who's driving me up the walls and back to school in 3 weeks so it'll be early mornings (eldest has to catch a bus at 8am) I'm starting to panic a bit too...
    I'm going to close my eyes to the housework, cook some emergency dinners now and stick them in the freezer. I'm going to rely on everything falling into place at the right time hopefully . . .:)

I'm gonna so miss pregnant cbyrd, your posts crack me up :D Bloomin toddlers, they can smell fear :mad::D I remember my sis in law (who has 3 kids aged, 10, 8 and 5) and she said when the third one came along, she had to fit in with the whole routine that was already there. Still it's easy to see why we have the multi-tasking gene isn't it? :D I might steal your idea of freezing emergency dinners now, that's very sensible :D

hahaha i think it just the touch of madness coming through :D I did find when i had my second though that when i was feeding the baby i put the older girl on my knee. She was 3 and a half and i used to let her 'help' me change nappies.. just include him in little things..my mam who had 7 of us told me it's why you have 2 knees. .. ( although that wouldn't work if you were having twins :eek: ) You will cope.. simply because you have to :D and by the time you have a routine you won't have time to worry about anything other than the piles of washing and the strange smells coming from everywhere and you hair falling out and this is probably not helping . . :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Ah jees, there's absolutely NO danger of that happening :D So glad the hospital were able to rearrange your appointment for you. That's lovely that your o/h is so sweet about it. My hubby gets freaked out when the baby kicks and hates feeling :D This is going to be my last pregnancy though so as the time progresses he's started to appreciate the little kicks a bit more. I'm just hoping that someday my son puts his head on my belly and he gets a kick in the mush! :D I really hope that happens :D

Being honest, sometimes I find the kicking a little weird! He's tried a few times to feel for kicking but he either picks the quietest time of the evening or baby's being lazy. I know it's early for him to be feeling anything, but just occassionally I'll be able to feel one with my hand. But then trying to find that "occassionally" time is a bit difficult... :D

cbyrd wrote: »
    by the time you have a routine you won't have time to worry about anything other than the piles of washing and the strange smells coming from everywhere and you hair falling out and this is probably not helping . . :pac::pac::pac:

*hits the report button* :mad: :D
    nicowa wrote: »
    Being honest, sometimes I find the kicking a little weird! He's tried a few times to feel for kicking but he either picks the quietest time of the evening or baby's being lazy. I know it's early for him to be feeling anything, but just occassionally I'll be able to feel one with my hand. But then trying to find that "occassionally" time is a bit difficult... :D

I tell you what freaks me out...when you're on your side, just about to doze off to sleep and instead of kicking it decides to mooch about and whatever way it's trying to go...your belly just doesn't stretch that way but it's still giving it a go...it really makes you feel like there's something crawling about in there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

"rummaging" I call it ;-) It's a really weird feeling though, kinda like caterpillars crawling around - brrrrrr :D

25 weeks today. Totally knackered, but loving the bump (apart from the stretchy pains I keep getting...). ;-)

Galah, that's a good term for it, that's exactly what it feels like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,

Just wondering can an implantation bleed be red?

It's 19 days since my last period and I usually have a 30 day + cycle usually and I have never bled outside of my periods. I had a bleed yesterday all day (very light).

I went to the doctor yesterday and he ruled out anything sinister and did a pregnancy test (to rule out early miscarriage), it was negative and he could just see a little blood down from my cervix. Told me that we'd probably never know what it was.

I'm getting brown spotting now today.

Did anyone have an implantation bleed that was red? I have a child but didn't have an implantation bleed on that pregnancy.

I'm not TTC at the moment.

Experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

37/ 38 weeks this week... even possibly 39 depending what EDD I go by...
    I was really sick the last while... couldn't keep anything solid down for nearly a week and was getting next to no sleep so I was pretty miserable.
    Still not feeling the best, but I got a bit more sleep last night so I'm a lot better than I was!
    I'm very very ready to not be pregnant any more though!
    Last week in work this week, and baby is more than welcome to make an appearance any time after Friday! :D

Hi,

Just wondering can an implantation bleed be red?

It's 19 days since my last period and I usually have a 30 day + cycle usually and I have never bled outside of my periods. I had a bleed yesterday all day (very light).

I went to the doctor yesterday and he ruled out anything sinister and did a pregnancy test (to rule out early miscarriage), it was negative and he could just see a little blood down from my cervix. Told me that we'd probably never know what it was.

I'm getting brown spotting now today.

Did anyone have an implantation bleed that was red? I have a child but didn't have an implantation bleed on that pregnancy.

I'm not TTC at the moment.

Experiences?

I never had implantation bleeding, but I did have a bit of spotting early on in three pregnancies. 2 turned out to be nothing sinister at all, one was a miscarriage.. What did the doc say to do? Do you have to go back in a couple of days or anything?

liliq wrote: »
    37/ 38 weeks this week... even possibly 39 depending what EDD I go by...
    I was really sick the last while... couldn't keep anything solid down for nearly a week and was getting next to no sleep so I was pretty miserable.
    Still not feeling the best, but I got a bit more sleep last night so I'm a lot better than I was!
    I'm very very ready to not be pregnant any more though!
    Last week in work this week, and baby is more than welcome to make an appearance any time after Friday! :D

Aww you poor thing, you've had a rough time of it. Did you catch a bug or something? Lucky you though 37/38 weeks :D Not long to go now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I never had implantation bleeding, but I did have a bit of spotting early on in three pregnancies. 2 turned out to be nothing sinister at all, one was a miscarriage.. What did the doc say to do? Do you have to go back in a couple of days or anything?

No he didn't say to come back at all. I'm thinking I'll do another pregnancy test in a week or so. He wasn't worried anyway but you know yourself when your mind wanders.

I'm feeling dizzy now like I was when I was pregnant before but it's probably psychosomatic.

When I did a search it said that implantation bleeds are brown blood, which is why I was asking about the red blood.

No he didn't say to come back at all. I'm thinking I'll do another pregnancy test in a week or so. He wasn't worried anyway but you know yourself when your mind wanders.

I'm feeling dizzy now like I was when I was pregnant before but it's probably psychosomatic.

When I did a search it said that implantation bleeds are brown blood, which is why I was asking about the red blood.

Yeah I know...it's a minefield trying to figure it all out and googling is the worst thing you can do, particularly in pregnancy where so many people have so many different experiences. The two bleeds that I had that were red, were healthy pregnancies (so far so good anyhow on this one) and the brown spotting, ended up being the miscarriage one. But I've read people on here who have had brown spotting and they've turned out to be perfectly normal pregnancies too.

You know what you could do....do one of those clear blue pregnancy tests now, the ones with the conception indicator, then do another one in a week or so and see if the time frame has changed on it?

I wonder if Crazyginlady has had her little one yet :D

• Advertisement

I wonder if Crazyginlady has had her little one yet :D

Just saw a post that she had the PHN out for a heel prick test. . don't know any details though. .

33+1 and i'm hitting that tired wall earlier every day. . probably cos i'm working more days. . this retirement thing is working out really well for me :rolleyes: but at least the house is clean cos i went mad with my mam's steamer over the weekend. . not a dust mite alive. .and for some strange reason on my only day off this week i've invited my friend and her crazy kids over for lunch and offered to cut their hair after i've done my own girls for back to school :eek: what the hell is wrong with me :confused: could i not have just had a lie in and had a lazy day . . . damn hormones and nesting :mad:

Advertisement